General Monte Carlo Talk Talk about the Monte Carlo. Does not have to be your Monte. Can include pics and games.

Apparently, I needn't have worried about traffic...

Search this Thread

Old 10-23-2007, 05:13 AM
Default RE: Apparently, I needn't have worried about traffic...

Hi Cort,
[:-]
Sorry to read about your damage.
I hope that you get it resolved to your satisfaction.
To bad they don't pay for pain & suffering, plus
the time it takes from your life to get it fixed.
Good Luck,
`Space

Old 10-23-2007, 06:23 AM

Fallen to the Dark Side - Resident Ford Man
5 Year Member
3 Year Member1 Year Member

too many of us are getting backed into lately... i'm lucky the girl who backed into mine didn't cause any damage except on small scratch.

Old 10-23-2007, 11:36 AM

Sorry to hear about your Montes, everybody. Have a similar story, but NO note. Had my car for 11 days, (that's right, 11 days), still had the 30 day tags, hadn't made a payment yet. My wife and I went to a local fruit/vegetable stand, I parked way out away from everybody else, went back to get in the car, and the door wouldn't open! Closer inspection revealed somebody had backed into it and crunched the front fender. SON-OF-A- B****!!! How do you possibly hit a shiny black car parked 100 feet away from any other cars?
You want to talk about being pis***! Lucky for me, it wasn't too bad, and a very good local body shop managed to fix the dent and repaint it without having to change the fender. Still, it cost me 400 bucks and several trips to the body shop to get it wet sanded and buffed again. People just suck sometimes.

Old 10-23-2007, 01:34 PM
THE JUDGE
Monte Of The Month -- November 2015
Monte Of The Month -- March 2012
10 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

I sorry to hear about your Montes getting hit. Careless people

Old 10-23-2007, 01:38 PM

I got hit a week or two ago in the parking lot somehow. I was backed into the parking lot and yet someone managed to scrape my back bumper with their white car. The white all buffed out but they managed to take off a few inches of paint in nice little lines. Touch up paint should take care of it, I've yet to try it, hope it works out though as I got doored two days ago. I've started to park on the end with one wheel partway in the grass and about four feet of space on the other side.

Old 10-23-2007, 03:01 PM

That won't matter because they'll still park right against your car. People are the most inconsiderate of cars. I swear, you'd think with them being the second largest investment you'll make in your life they'd care more.

Old 10-23-2007, 06:03 PM
Taz

Monte Of The Month -- March 2014
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

ORIGINAL: mad717

went back to get in the car, and the door wouldn't open! Closer inspection revealed somebody had backed into it and crunched the front fender. SON-OF-A- B****!!!

You want to talk about being pis***! Lucky for me, it wasn't too bad, and a very good local body shop managed to fix the dent and repaint it without having to change the fender.
That happened to me years ago with my freshly painted Cavalier. Parked on the street in front of my friends house. Neighbour accross the street backed out of his driveway in his huge conversion van, into my front fender. Since it was night time, I didn't notice until I couldn't get my door open. Then the note on the windshield. "I hit your car. Sorry." I wanted to leave him a note: " I let the air out of your tires. Not Sorry." But the guy came out and talked with me, and was pretty cool about it. Got three estimates and he paid the bill out of his pocket. That actually got me my first job at an autobody repair shop.

Which reminds me of Cort's situation. Cort, depending on the bumper you got, you may luck out. If you have a metal bumper (not chromed) behinda plastic bumper cover, it should be attached to the frame by two struts. A lot of times these can be saved. All they gotta do is simply carefully pull the bumper back out to the proper position. I've seen it done lots of times. If you got the honeycomb or styrofoam filling, you may be in for a little more money since it can't be saved once it's crushed.

Hope it works out for ya.

Old 10-24-2007, 06:27 AM

Fallen to the Dark Side - Resident Ford Man
5 Year Member
3 Year Member1 Year Member

well you didn't expect them to just pop up and say "Oh yes sir, we will pay for that in full and then a little right now...." did you?

ahh, if only life were that easy.....

Quick Reply: Apparently, I needn't have worried about traffic...