General Monte Carlo Talk Talk about the Monte Carlo. Does not have to be your Monte. Can include pics and games.

Anyone with an 06/07 tire pressure sensor problems?

Search this Thread

Old 12-03-2006, 12:55 PM
Default Anyone with an 06/07 tire pressure sensor problems?

Has anyone else had problems with their tire pressure sensors acting up? My Drivers side rear randomly comes up on the DIC and says, service tire monitor system, then relearns itself. This is usually a symptom of a low battery in the sensor but being new I doubt it. For all who do not know, (and this is the same for vettes when I had mine) The drivers rear sensor is farest away from the transmitter and is usually the first one to fail.

So this morning I re-trained all my sensors (sometimes this helps) and we will see if the message goes away!

Jason

Old 12-03-2006, 04:22 PM
Default RE: Anyone with an 06/07 tire pressure sensor problems?

I hope that works out for you. The 06's are a little early to have problems and I'm not sure how many people own them here yet.

Old 12-03-2006, 06:57 PM

No problems with mine.

Old 12-04-2006, 01:40 AM

I'm having the same problem with my '06 LT. I'm bringing it in to the dealer as it's due for an oil change, so I'll probably have them check that out at the same time.

Old 12-04-2006, 04:52 PM

Wow I must be lucky, no problems with my '06 LTZ.

Old 12-04-2006, 05:06 PM
rj
15 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Before I even drove my LTZ the very first time the saleslady told me the pass side rear sensor was bad and needed replaced.

She said the part was ordered in, it just needed put on the car.

Then when I buy the car I get told it wasn't the tire pressure sensor, it was some other problem making it appear to the tire sensor?

Whatever it was, so far it hasn't reared it's ugly head.

Old 12-04-2006, 05:42 PM

That always makes you feel good huh RJ?

Old 12-05-2006, 10:44 AM

yeah, this is part of the remote and receiver issue as well - which I started getting a couple of weeks ago...

Read my post about the GM Bulletin here: https://montecarloforum.com/m_18864/tm.htm -- scroll about half way down and you'll see the info and fixes in the GM letter...

Old 12-05-2006, 02:17 PM

ORIGINAL: 06MonteSS

yeah, this is part of the remote and receiver issue as well - which I started getting a couple of weeks ago...

It is the remote sensor. I had this issue with mine for a month or two. After a huge run-around with one Chevy dealer down here, them giving me a full line of BS, I finally took it to another dealer. They had it fixed in an hour and a half. Its a simple fix, more annoying than anything

Old 12-06-2006, 10:32 PM
rj
15 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

That always makes you feel good huh RJ?

Tell me!

What's the thread I see about transmission problems with their '06?

Note:
I see the thread is not an '06 Monte but an '86. Say.... don't I own one of those, too?

To tell the truth my '86 LS already had trans problems. I let my girlfriend drive it home one night while a buddy & I went to look a '55 Chevy Wagon over. I get home and just set down. My girlfriend says, "There's something wrong with your car."

First thing that comes to mind, she's been out drag racing again and blew the transmission out of my car.

Monday morning I nurse the car to a local transmission shop. They call later and tell me the torque converter splines are stripped out. They want $400 to repair the car (provided the spline bits haven't damaged the 2004R trans beyond repair). Local Chevy dealer wants $1700 to do the job. I let the trans shop do the work.

When I get the car back it now shifts like grandma's car. Instead of the nice, definate shifts it did have it now s-l-i-d-e-s into each gear. A couple rounds over this with the trans shop turns out the problem was a piece of linkage they's put back on wrong.

Quick Reply: Anyone with an 06/07 tire pressure sensor problems?