Monte Carlo Forum - Monte Carlo Enthusiast Forums

Monte Carlo Forum - Monte Carlo Enthusiast Forums (https://montecarloforum.com/forum/)
-   General Monte Carlo Talk (https://montecarloforum.com/forum/general-monte-carlo-talk-9/)
-   -   Always a sad day.... (https://montecarloforum.com/forum/general-monte-carlo-talk-9/always-sad-day-39932/)

mr. roboto 04-17-2013 05:44 AM

Thanks guys. Decided to hang on to the car and drive it much more this summer. Since I rolled it to 100K miles 2 years ago, I have only put 4k miles on it since then, so it's sitting at 104K now.

Hoping to have a second set of hands this weekend to help get the trunk on there, and I'll update with some more pictures.

mr. roboto 04-17-2013 06:43 AM

Originally Posted by The_Maniac (Post 543192)
Looks good! Wish my Monte was out already (still rainy and crappy).
By the looks of that trunk lid in the first pic, it was off a 2000 pace car??

Not sure of the exact year, but yes, it came off a totaled red pace car.

The_Maniac 04-17-2013 11:29 AM

Originally Posted by mr. roboto (Post 543316)
Not sure of the exact year, but yes, it came off a totaled red pace car.

Since it was red, that would be a 2000. That limited edition badge (if you still have it) could make some nice garage art :)

mr. roboto 04-17-2013 11:47 AM

Originally Posted by The_Maniac (Post 543373)
Since it was red, that would be a 2000. That limited edition badge (if you still have it) could make some nice garage art :)

Ah, so it was a 2000 then. I scored my bowtie headrests from the came car :) I ended up selling the pace car trunk badge on ebay actually haha. I contemplated keeping it and sticking it on my toolbox, but I figured if I could get a couple bucks from it, why not.

I need to see if I can sell my old trunk with the surf board on it now, but I don't think there are many people looking for them unfortunately.

TMoney 04-17-2013 11:52 AM

How much did you get for the Pace Car badge? Im actually looking for one of these haha

mr. roboto 04-17-2013 12:05 PM

Originally Posted by TMoney (Post 543385)
How much did you get for the Pace Car badge? Im actually looking for one of these haha

A measly 15 bucks. They are apparently hard to find/worth some money...I put it up for sale here, a bunch of people messaged me asking to hold it, they will have money in a week, next paycheck ect, but not a single person made me an offer, so up on ebay it went. Took the first offer someone sent me heh. I only paid $75 for the entire pace car trunk and the bowtie headrests, so I didn't mind letting the badge go cheap to help someone out.

TMoney 04-17-2013 12:33 PM

Originally Posted by mr. roboto (Post 543393)
A measly 15 bucks. They are apparently hard to find/worth some money...I put it up for sale here, a bunch of people messaged me asking to hold it, they will have money in a week, next paycheck ect, but not a single person made me an offer, so up on ebay it went. Took the first offer someone sent me heh. I only paid $75 for the entire pace car trunk and the bowtie headrests, so I didn't mind letting the badge go cheap to help someone out.

Wish you still had it i would have gone up to $30 for it. Oh well, i will find another one

TMoney 04-17-2013 03:05 PM

Just wondering how did you find the totalled car in the first place?

mr. roboto 04-17-2013 03:31 PM

Originally Posted by TMoney (Post 543439)
Just wondering how did you find the totalled car in the first place?

Craigslist. Took me about 4 years of searching to find one though heh. They are hard to come by.

TMoney 04-17-2013 04:55 PM

Originally Posted by mr. roboto (Post 543445)
Craigslist. Took me about 4 years of searching to find one though heh. They are hard to come by.

Yeah i know i would love to find a totalled pace car someday to take a bunch of stuff off of