General Monte Carlo Talk Talk about the Monte Carlo. Does not have to be your Monte. Can include pics and games.

alot has changed

Search this Thread

Old 10-16-2008, 07:55 PM
Default alot has changed

Hey guys and gals. It's been a long time since i've posted here. Found out these forums were back up an running so here i am.

Anyways the bad news is my baby is now gone. The car started misfiring to the point where it wasn't driveable. and i had no overdrive gear left. So i looked into a new motor/tranny for it and was looking about a $3000 bill before labour for a used motor/tranny for it. It was way outta my budget and i couldn't see myself dropping $3000 into a car i spent $2500 to buy.

SO i sold it for $1000 and got myself a beater for the winter (1994 buick regal. still a 3800 lol) I'm looking at montes around town and hoping to find a 5th gen with low miles. or financing a 07 SS but i probably won't do anything until spring.

Anyways glad to see the forums are good and it's good to be back

-Chad

Old 10-16-2008, 08:10 PM

Monte Of The Month -- August 2007
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member
Default RE: alot has changed

Hey Couch, How ya been?
You sure it wasn't the catalytic convertor?

Old 10-16-2008, 09:03 PM

Fallen to the Dark Side - Resident Ford Man
5 Year Member
3 Year Member1 Year Member

well you got to do whaty ou got to do. i'd have to say you made a sound financial decision in just selling the car and getting something else, especially with an alberta winter coming on. you're still welcome here (along with 'Space) as a (hopefully) future Monte Carlo owner.

Old 10-17-2008, 04:04 AM

Hi `Chad,
Great to see you back on the MCF.
Sorry to read about what happened to your Monte Carlo [X(]
[:-]
Wish you great luck in finding a replacemnet.
The prices have come down on the 06-07 Monte Carlo V8 SS : )
I think `if you drive one, you will really/really want one.4-Sure : )
I hope to have another Monte Carlo after I finish school.
I still search everyday for my dream Monte : )
Look forward to seeing your future posts and hearing how life is
going for you in the `Cold Country : )
`Chad, wish you good luck on your search, and in life.
`Space

Old 10-17-2008, 07:41 PM
Taz

Monte Of The Month -- March 2014
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Hey Chad!

Nice to see you again. Sorry about your 98. I really liked that car. There's a red 95 Z34 Monte at a local used car dealer that looks in great shape from the outside. I was considering it as a winter car, but gotta pay off my 04 before I can buy another car. Notice I didn't call it a winter beater. I don't like abusing my car.

Not sure about the Calgary area, but around here there's lots of 5th gen Montes. And a few left over 07 Montes (now dealer driven demo models) on the lots still. A local Chevy dealership has a silver07 SS demo model on the lot for about $24k if I remember right.

You got a car to get you around for now, so you're not in a hurry to buy another one. Which is great for negotiating. Sometimes you can get good deals during the winter months, because most people aren't in the mood to go car shopping in the snowy winter. That's how I got a great deal on my previous car. But with a ride to get you around, you can take your time to find the right car. Good Luck Chad!

Again, nice to hear from you again!

Old 10-18-2008, 10:30 AM
rj
15 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Welcome back.

Sorry to hear about the Monte being sold. I too loved your car and the things you'd done to it. Any time I see a 5th gen Monte I thing of how you painted the deck lid of your Monte and how nice it turned out.

Hope you can get back in to a Monte real soon. Don't be a stranger on here even if youdon't own a Monte anymore.

Old 10-18-2008, 04:00 PM

myne is still for sale.
its not an 07 but an 06' SS. i have it listed in the for sale section.

Old 10-18-2008, 05:37 PM

Have fun with the buick. My last car was a '93 regal ls. They don't look nearly as sporty as the monte's (as everyone said...the regal looks like an old man car), but I still loved mine. I was considering buying a 03 regal gs recently (the later models look much better than the early 90's models). With the '93, everything on the engine started going and the repair bills went way higher than the value of the car. Safe to say that I love my monte carlo much more than I liked the buick though. Either way, not a bad choice for a "beater".

-Riggs.

Old 10-29-2008, 07:07 PM

Sorry to hear about the loss...my `98 is laid up in the garage for what I think is a broken flex plate. Cost a grand to fix and with all the fuss with the economy and all that goes with it I decided to let her sit a few months before fixing it. But I sure miss driving my car. my love affair with that carwill continue though. In the meantime I`m pampering her. Another waxing and doing a few cosmetic things I`ve been wanting to do...

Old 10-29-2008, 09:16 PM

hey couch! welcome back, sry to hear about ur monte but glad everything is goin alright...hows everything besides the monte?

Quick Reply: alot has changed