General Monte Carlo Talk Talk about the Monte Carlo. Does not have to be your Monte. Can include pics and games.

Aftermarket Tail Lights Question

Search this Thread

Old 10-07-2009, 01:29 PM
1 Year Member
Default Aftermarket Tail Lights Question

If this belongs somewhere else, please move it mods. I looked around, but after deciding that HID headlight questions had been asked here I figured why not soooo..

Do you guys think these would go good with a solid black monte?

http://www.andysautosport.com/chevro...w00143812.html

I was also wondering if anyone had purchased from this website, and their experience. Also any other tips on buying aftermarket tail lights would be of help. I think I'm going to do this before I upgrade to HID. Hopefully I can do both soon.

Also Summit Racing is five minutes from me (in summit county) so I'm going to check there to see if they have anything yet. Thanks for the anyone that replies, I'll get back to everyone.

Also if anyone is selling any five spoke for cheap rims let me know, generally stock or whatever else you got. I don't really like the style of the curved spokes and for some reason that's what my car has. If I can get ahold of some I'll probably powdercoat in black or just go aftermarket depending on the total cost.

Last edited by East; 10-07-2009 at 01:31 PM.
Old 10-07-2009, 01:39 PM

Monte Of The Month -- August 2014
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Those lights are on my "To-Buy" list. I never purchased from that site, but you can find those LED tails elsewhere for much cheaper.

And btw, they look FANTASTIC on a black Monte.

His were purchased through MatrixRacing.com there was a group buy 1.5 years ago with this site. Maybe you would want to check them out again.

Old 10-07-2009, 04:58 PM
1 Year Member

Hey thanks a lot for posting that photo, though it makes me want to get them before my next pay haha.

I checked out that website and they're a little cheaper which is good. I'll probably just end up ordering from there instead because atleast I know I won't be scammed or anything like that.

Old 10-07-2009, 07:15 PM

15 Year Member

Talk to them, and ask since you are a member of the MCF if you can get a discount.

Call them / email them and mention that last year we had a deal and you saw that deal and loved the tail lights, at the least maybe they can give you free shipping.

Old 10-07-2009, 08:07 PM
Monte Of The Month -- September 2012
Monte Of The Month -- February 2016
10 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

yeah i sugest shopping around andy's is rather expensive...you can get the exact thing cheaper aomwhere else

Old 02-18-2010, 12:39 AM
Default LED tailights

I just received my led tailights and im having a couple issues...first is that my blinker flashes really fast (idk if thats bc you dont use one of the wires from your stock harness or what) Second issue is that the inner led circle wont light up...I DONT KNOW WHAT TO DO!

Old 02-18-2010, 07:46 AM

Originally Posted by 6Kwatt06
I just received my led tailights and im having a couple issues...first is that my blinker flashes really fast (idk if thats bc you dont use one of the wires from your stock harness or what) Second issue is that the inner led circle wont light up...I DONT KNOW WHAT TO DO!
Ghost Busters! No but seriously, make sure all your lights are fastened into the sockets and what not because if one of the major lights isn't it will cause it to blink rapidly.

Old 02-18-2010, 08:45 AM

15 Year Member

That third light isn't used. You just use it to seal it up. The company if you read the install says if they blink fast to let them know.

The inner circles are for your blinkers. So turn on your hazards and try again.

I installed these 2 weeks ago, and they work great. I don't have any problems... so Idk what you could have done wrong

Old 02-18-2010, 09:10 AM

i wonder if the red ones would look good on my monte . My red monte .

Old 02-18-2010, 10:05 AM

Originally Posted by ChibiBlackSheep
That third light isn't used. You just use it to seal it up. The company if you read the install says if they blink fast to let them know.

The inner circles are for your blinkers. So turn on your hazards and try again.

I installed these 2 weeks ago, and they work great. I don't have any problems... so Idk what you could have done wrong
The inner circles will not light up...and they still blink fast
Are all of the led tail lights shaped like the 6th gen? they dont fit "just right" on my 7th gen

Quick Reply: Aftermarket Tail Lights Question