General Monte Carlo Talk Talk about the Monte Carlo. Does not have to be your Monte. Can include pics and games.
View Poll Results: A poll
Yes
33.33%
or No
66.67%
Voters: 3. You may not vote on this poll

Additional Forum

Search this Thread

Old 01-23-2007, 04:00 AM
Default Additional Forum

i was hoping when i signed up it was a lil like feoa.net... ford scort owners association.. but.. i supose.. were not ford people .. but i wanted to take a poll to see if we could possibly get additional.. forums.. added for different generation monte carlos? i personally have a gen 4 1987 ss

Old 01-23-2007, 06:38 AM
Default RE: Additional Forum

i know what your asking about .Honestly i have found in forms like this you tend to get more help from others then you do in one that is year specific.

if you have a 4th gen and need help, Then you ask for it.You can make sure others know about it by adding it in the header Example (need help with 4th gen charging system)
Due to the fact that cars are relatively the same threw out the years, other then the body styles there are a few of us on here that can help you out that dont have a 4th gen now. but might have owned one or work on those and others that are the same year/style at work etc...

most of us will or can refer you to someone or a link that can help you out. If it is somethign that we dont know. But this has not happend to offten in here someone always has a ideaor a sujestion to look at before yougo out and jsut start replaceing parts.
I know one of the members here is Boost he has a 4th gen. He is in to racing it, So he might not know everything that there is for the street side of it. But i can almost put money on the fact he could help you with issueson the mechanics of that car.

I guess the other thing is with 2 post and both of them talking about the way the set up is in here. you might think of giving it a chance to work for you. before you try to change things.
Just a thought

Old 01-23-2007, 03:04 PM
rj
15 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Well, to me with all the other Monte sites out there that offer 4th gen support having one here would be fine.

Since I own an '86 LS Monte if I wanted help that I couldn't get here then I'd definately try sites like NMCOA, or the MonteSS site.

Old 01-23-2007, 04:21 PM

i guess the easiest way for me to say this is o dont really care one way or another. this is not the only site im a member of for Montes or even jsut cars in genreal and this dont even include the chopper sites.
so it is not like i havent seen both formats. this one seems to be a bit nicer then the others from wha ti have seen .
but i have had other monte owners look at me and tell me my car is not a monte carlo but then they think the only cars that are montes are the 3rd gen and below .
so i guess here you dont tend to see this that offten