General Monte Carlo Talk Talk about the Monte Carlo. Does not have to be your Monte. Can include pics and games.

Adding a few "upgrades" to the car...

Search this Thread

Old 01-02-2007, 03:10 PM
Default Adding a few "upgrades" to the car...

Today I ordered the Sill Kit for 06 Monte SS. Since my car is black, and there is cut out where the chevy logo is, I am going to put a red underlay under the chevy logo so it appears red. I also debadged the Gold bowtie from the trunk yesterday and I ordered a Red Bowtie from the 00-05 SS to put there. I think on a black car these subtle upgrades will look good. I was going to order the K+N kit as well but when I found out the price I quickly turned that down. $325 canadian...

Will post pics when all is done.

Jason

Old 01-02-2007, 03:47 PM
Monte Of The Month -- March 2007
5 Year Member
Default RE: Adding a few "upgrades" to the car...

oh you shoulda ordered the white bow tie off the back of the tony stewart monte, i love it...looks awesome...its on the hood too

Old 01-02-2007, 04:08 PM

Have fun cutting out the bowtie area. That is aluminum there so it'll be tough. No offense but I woudn't put a red bowtie on the trunk myself. That is from an older monte and will just not look right. Just my .02.

Old 01-02-2007, 05:23 PM

Still waiting delivery of my 07 SS but already have orderedsome little touches I'm going to add. I'm from the old school and like badging and chrome, as long as it's not overdone, rather than the monochrome look.

1. Adding the chrome "Monte Carlo"nameplates from the trunkto the rear quarter, in line with the SS on the front quarter. (Same place where the "Monte Carlo" Script name was on 03/04/05's.)

2. Adding the SS logos from the trunk to the inside door panels.

3. Upgrading to the GM optional chrome 18'- 5 spoke wheels.

4. Not totally decided yet, but will probably add a narrow 1" black side moulding same as on the earlier models that had the mouldings from the factory. The clean side seems to look good but I can'tstop thinking about the parking lot door dings I'll get without some sort of moulding. Then the side will look like sh..... once you have a small dent or paint scrape. It'll stand out like a sore thumb, and won't be cheap to make it right again. If I do go this way,Ihope the black moulding will be OK, don't want to paint it unless I absolutely have to. Can't believe the number of newer model cars out there that don't have a side moulding. Another way for the Mfg to save a few bucks I guess.

5. Adding the "New" Aluminum type door sill kit.

Ireally like the Gold bowtie on the 06/07 models. The gold looks classy to me. I added the red outline bowties to the lower ground effects (just behind the front wheels), on my 04 SS. There is a picture of it on this board in the "New Member" area. I think itlooked prettygood. I was considering the gold bowties in the same location for the 07, but as stated I think this would be "Overdone".

Old 01-02-2007, 05:32 PM

Cain, its a HOLLOW bow tie.. It is the outline of a chevy logo, its not solid like the gold ones. Trust me I know as I had a 2001 SS.

Red on Black has always been a Chevy standard and I think it will look awesome.. So it will be Red on Black....

Old 01-02-2007, 09:00 PM

yes, but I believe Cain just put a set of these on his Monte, so he knows what he's talkin' about...

>> here's the pics << -- scroll about halfway down...

Old 01-02-2007, 09:06 PM

ORIGINAL: 06MonteSS

yes, but I believe Cain just put a set of these on his Monte, so he knows what he's talkin' about...

>> here's the pics << -- scroll about halfway down...
I am not talking about the bowtie on the door sill, I am talking about the 00-05 red bowtie that goes on the trunk lid. It is a red outline of a bowtie, I have already ordered it and will post a picture. Heck, just look at a picture of a 00 to 05 SS and you will see it.

Old 01-02-2007, 09:10 PM

oh... well you said you were going to cut out the bowtie on the sill: "Today I ordered the Sill Kit for 06 Monte SS. Since my car is black, and there is cut out where the chevy logo is, I am going to put a red underlay under the chevy logo so it appears red."

and then Cain said: "Have fun cutting out the bowtie area. That is aluminum there so it'll be tough."

and then you said: "Cain, its a HOLLOW bow tie.. It is the outline of a chevy logo, its not solid like the gold ones."

which led to my response that he just put the sills on, and they're solid aluminum, not HOLLOW like you replied. and since the turnk lid bowtie is a hollow border, you wouldn't have to put a red underlay under it so it appears red - which meant you were going to use the "cut out" on the sills...

oh well... Guess the dialog got crossed -

Old 01-02-2007, 09:20 PM

Thanks for cleaning that up!!!!!

LOL