General Monte Carlo Talk Talk about the Monte Carlo. Does not have to be your Monte. Can include pics and games.

Info: abs/traction control issues

Search this Thread

Old 09-27-2016, 11:38 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member
Default abs/traction control issues

sigh! I am still having abs and traction control issues,posted this here a while back. its fine for a while then it goes nuts on me,right now every time I get in the car I get a hum...hummm then the abs light comes on then the traction control light, once they come on they stay on and the problem generally goes away? sometimes the brake pedal will vibrate and become sketchy on braking! I have replaced the front hubs,both c/v axles,checked the speed sensors. I don't have the cash for a abs obd scan tool. anybody else had this issue? the hum gets me, does it without touching any pedal or anything!! this is driving me bananas!! thanks peeps!!

Old 09-28-2016, 09:51 AM

Monte Of The Month -- August 2014
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

The rear hubs also have ABS. Have you checked those wiring / hubs? It's not always just the fronts that are the issue.

Also follow the wires up to the engine, check the grounds.

Old 09-29-2016, 07:38 PM

Originally Posted by claydoh
sigh! I am still having abs and traction control issues,posted this here a while back. its fine for a while then it goes nuts on me,right now every time I get in the car I get a hum...hummm then the abs light comes on then the traction control light, once they come on they stay on and the problem generally goes away? sometimes the brake pedal will vibrate and become sketchy on braking! I have replaced the front hubs,both c/v axles,checked the speed sensors. I don't have the cash for a abs obd scan tool. anybody else had this issue? the hum gets me, does it without touching any pedal or anything!! this is driving me bananas!! thanks peeps!!

It could be a broken wire in the harness going to one of the wheels. I bought a cheap code scanner on ebay that also would check the abs system, and found it was the front right wheel that was my problem. I fixed the break in the wire and never had another problem with it.

Old 10-01-2016, 12:08 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

thanks guys I will check this out!!