General Monte Carlo Talk Talk about the Monte Carlo. Does not have to be your Monte. Can include pics and games.

5th Gen ('95-'99): 3400SFI Chevy Venture Engine Cover on 3100 Monte?

Search this Thread

Old 09-10-2016, 10:15 AM
Default 3400SFI Chevy Venture Engine Cover on 3100 Monte?

Hello!

I recently saw that some of the Chevy Venture Van's have 3400's that have pretty nice, simple engine covers. I am wondering if one of their engine covers will fit on the 3100 in my monte, and if I'd need a crazy oil filler tube or whatever like the 3800.

Hopefully I don't need a thing except for the cover, as I have found a couple on ebay, pretty cheap.

Normally I hate adding more crap to an engine bay, especially anything plastic, but I hate seeing how corroded my UIM is, and this simple, clean cover would cover up all that corrosion, and (afaik) would be a very unique addition (never saw one on a monte before).

If it does fit, I'll buy one and then somehow try to grind down or do something to the 3400 lettering.

Old 09-10-2016, 04:14 PM
Monte Of The Month -- May 2015
Monte Of The Month -- March 2017
5 Year Member
3 Year Member1 Year Member
Smile

I was at a U pull it yard the other day and there were several there kool thing is you could take it to the engine like yours and test fit the thing? Just a thought.

Old 09-10-2016, 06:55 PM

Originally Posted by drivernumber3
I was at a U pull it yard the other day and there were several there kool thing is you could take it to the engine like yours and test fit the thing? Just a thought.
You know, its funny that with how much I like going to junkyards, that I didn't just think of that myself

I think I might do just that, next time i'm at the junkyard, and heck, while I'm there, I could just buy it if it works.

Sometimes I don't see things that are right in front of my face lol

Either way I'll report my findings next time I go!

Old 09-12-2016, 02:20 PM
Monte Of The Month -- January 2017
5 Year Member
3 Year Member1 Year Member

Good plan; I don't think engine covers are always a bad thing. Some people can take them to a gorgeous level!