General Monte Carlo Talk Talk about the Monte Carlo. Does not have to be your Monte. Can include pics and games.

2006 Monte LTZ A/C blows warm

Search this Thread

Old 07-09-2010, 10:33 PM
Default 2006 Monte LTZ A/C blows warm

A/C is blowing warm.....I checked the A/C pressure on the low side and it was normal (reading is 47PSI), compressor cycles every 3-4 seconds. Light on the control **** inside of the car flashes on an off. A/C was never that cold when I bought it brand new, brought it into the dealer a few years back and they said it was ok. Fast forward to this year and its blowing warm .. Whats gives?? any ideas guys??.....want this fixed once and for all

Old 07-12-2010, 11:41 AM
rj
15 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

I am not an A/C guru by any means.

I know if you were to take it someplace one of the first things they'd ask is, "Are you sure the heat controls aren't placed in a higher position?" (meaning the heat is on)

Any of my cars the A/C started blowing hot and not cold, I was pretty sure the freon charge was either low or gone all together.

Old 07-13-2010, 01:53 PM

Yeah everything is in check....pressure reading of 45psi on the low side---no leaks....controls were set at cold....... I pulled the A/C fuses(reset the system) for 15 minutes someone mentioned doing that and re-installed the A/C blew cold---it worked!!....but the next day same thing happened----blowing warm again

Old 07-14-2010, 12:26 AM

Prob not much help but,

I have the same car, and the AC light will flash if I try to turn it on before setting the fan speed. If you have the fan blowing, hit the button and it still flashes, bad news.

I know you already know that, Im drunk and trying to be helpful.......sorry

Last edited by Snyderman; 07-14-2010 at 12:30 AM.
Old 08-03-2010, 07:19 PM
Default A/C is still Intermitten

These are the things I did but still A/C intermitten:

1. CHecked Freon pressure---was ok 45PSI
2. Checked Cabin filter...was ok- a little dirty----cleaned it though
3. Dissconnected the battery to recalibrate computer----still no changed.
4. Checked all fuses---ok
5. Unpluged the A/C fuses to reset the system---worked that night---A/C blowing cold ...then the following day a/c quite again at which time I unplugged again to reset but still didnt work.
6. About a week ago turned it on and it blew out cold air all the way to work(15 minutes). Then when comming home after work A/C wasnt working once again

What gives guys please can someone help, this is driving me nuts!!...Want to fix this once and for all

Old 08-04-2010, 07:23 AM

Anyone?????

Originally Posted by crusher350
These are the things I did but still A/C intermitten:

1. CHecked Freon pressure---was ok 45PSI
2. Checked Cabin filter...was ok- a little dirty----cleaned it though
3. Dissconnected the battery to recalibrate computer----still no changed.
4. Checked all fuses---ok
5. Unpluged the A/C fuses to reset the system---worked that night---A/C blowing cold ...then the following day a/c quite again at which time I unplugged again to reset but still didnt work.
6. About a week ago turned it on and it blew out cold air all the way to work(15 minutes). Then when comming home after work A/C wasnt working once again

What gives guys please can someone help, this is driving me nuts!!...Want to fix this once and for all

Old 08-04-2010, 09:33 AM
Monte Of The Month -- September 2010
10 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

take it in again and dont take no for an answer

Old 07-18-2014, 01:18 AM

My 2006 Monte Carlo LT V6 3500 A/C Blows warm, Freon charged, Pressure at 45 psi, found blown a/c fuse, Replaced fuse and system blew cold for about 15 minutes. Found fuse blown again. Replaced fuse and compressor relay. Blew cold the next time it was driven for only about 15 minutes. Fuse blown again. What should I be checking?

Old 07-19-2014, 10:19 AM

It could be the clutch on the compressor is starting to malfunction. Had this happen on a honda, The clutch was noisy on the compressor, replace the compressor but still no ac, it ended up blowing the fuse because of a bad clutch.

Old 07-19-2014, 11:07 AM

I had the same problem... I took it to get it looked at and they told me to just press the a/c button to turn on cold air... Thats probably what you got to do lol

Quick Reply: 2006 Monte LTZ A/C blows warm