General Monte Carlo Talk Talk about the Monte Carlo. Does not have to be your Monte. Can include pics and games.

2006 Monte LTZ

Search this Thread

Old 10-25-2011, 08:46 PM
rj
15 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member
Default 2006 Monte LTZ

Back in june of this year my local Chevy dealer looked at my car just before the 2011 Monte Nats. I wanted to make sure the dead battery was just from non-use.

After I get the car home I see 2 dents in the driver door. Dents I know for a fact were not there before the dealer looked at the car.

I called Chevy and complained who basically told me they will back the dealer. And whatever the dealer tells them, they (Chevy) will believe. So I called my auto insurance and complained about the dealership and that I wanted my door fixed.

Got two estimates.
1. paintless dent removal - $112.00
2. Repair the door - $699.00

I opted for the paintless dent removal.

Friday october 14th the body shop finally got back in touch with me. I had friday off work, so I took the car to the body shop myself. Not 10 minutes later the dents were gone and the car looks great once more.

I'm really impressed with the work this guy did.

Old 10-25-2011, 08:51 PM

Sounds great however not to be a jerk but did you have to pay for the dent removal if so I think thats a load of crud if the shop did it they should have paid for it.

Old 10-25-2011, 08:52 PM
Monte Of The Month - February 2010
10 Year Member

RJ, do you have before and after pics to post? That would be great, thanks....

Old 10-25-2011, 08:59 PM
Monte Of The Month -- July 2011
Monte Of The Month -- December 2016
10 Year Member

That does suck dealer didn't own up..

Old 10-25-2011, 11:30 PM

Monte Of The Month - March 2010

Dealers nvr seem to own up to anything, glad ya got em taken out

Old 10-26-2011, 05:47 AM

Monte Of The Month -- March 2013

My buddy's dad would take the service manager and do a walk around whenever he would drop his vehicle off for service and document it. That way if there was any new dents, chips or scratches they both knew where they came from.

Old 10-26-2011, 12:42 PM
rj
15 Year Member

YES. I had to pay for the dent removal.

Originally Posted by lougreen03
My buddy's dad would take the service manager and do a walk around whenever he would drop his vehicle off for service and document it. That way if there was any new dents, chips or scratches they both knew where they came from.
I did the same. When I pulled the hood I immediately noticed the engine cover was torn up. If I'm not mistaken they sat their tools or battery charger on the cover and damaged it. The service manager denied they did any damage. I told him, "Look at the car. You can see the condition it's in. That should tell you there was no damage to cover before you touched the car." He threw his hands up and walked off.

Two days later I had the car at home and was just setting staring at the car one morning. That was when I saw the dents.

The car NEVER sets at Walmart or any other store. So the dents could not have come from a car door or shopping cart or whatever.

And a new engine cover from gmpartsdirect.com cost me $60 plus shipping.

One last thing. The body shop commented on how nice the car is. Made my day considering the crap Chevy gave me over the dents in the door.

Old 10-26-2011, 01:36 PM
1 Year Member

That sucks to hear that you had all that happen, but at least its fixed now. And its always nice to get compliments from people about your car

Old 10-26-2011, 03:38 PM
THE JUDGE
Monte Of The Month -- November 2015
Monte Of The Month -- March 2012
10 Year Member

That sucks about all the aggravation. I'm glad you finally got your Monte fixed

Old 10-27-2011, 12:49 PM
rj
15 Year Member

My mother told me I was stressing TOO much about the car.

I explained she was mistaken. All I was doing was trying to keep a car I still owe money as nice as possible. And that she should know me better after all this time of me being a car nut.

Everyone in my family should know by now how I feel about my cars. I mean next july I will have owned my very first car for 40 years. How many can claim this?

Not to mention the '06 Monte is the first new car and newest car I've EVER owned. My initial plans were to drive/enjoy the car. But something happened and before I knew it, I was pampering the car. I must have issues. lol

Quick Reply: 2006 Monte LTZ