General Monte Carlo Talk Talk about the Monte Carlo. Does not have to be your Monte. Can include pics and games.

2003supersports new wheels!

Search this Thread

Old 11-16-2009, 09:01 PM
Monte Of The Month -- February 2009
2009 Monte Of The Year
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Originally Posted by 2003supersport
thought about roof rails, but just dont think it would look good on my car. i guess if i found a pair cheap i'd pick them up, cause i know if i didnt like them i could sell them pretty easily and def. get my money back. i think light tint is the last cosmetic thing to my car outside. prolly custom floormats inside along with headrests. in the rear, i wanna drop 6x9's into the backseat panels.

headers and meth injection to come next though. meth injection and pulley drop next month

you should take to the track before the next mods just to see what the car will run. what the hell i think every monte owners should at least go to the track once. i only been to the track 3 times...i think i'm hooked lol! it's way better that street race!

Last edited by nemesis; 11-16-2009 at 09:38 PM.
Old 11-16-2009, 09:05 PM
Monte Of The Month - February 2010
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

doesn't running at a track put alot of stress on the car?? just wondering, maybe not, but i'd really hate to screw something up, especially if it is may daily ride???

Old 11-16-2009, 09:40 PM
2009 Monte Of The Year

not really i don't think it's any different than driving on the street/express way.

Old 11-16-2009, 10:28 PM
Photobucket
Monte Of The Month -- May 2009
15 Year Member

no track for my car. i told myself it'll never see the track until the very last mod is done to it. then it gets one night to haul its butt down the strip and be done.

i had the high sport front lip since my car is the limited edition, but after the accident about a year ago they had trouble finding a new lip for me, so they told me that they'd give me 4 hours of free prep and paint time on my hood to get it aligned and take out the bowes in the fiberglass. that worked for me!

blacksheep, my old tires/wheels are gonna sit in the girlfriends garage until i figure out what to do with them. they are pretty mint, like an inch of rash on them. i'd like to see a nice price for them and i'd be willing to part with them. maybe $350 + shipping and they could be someone's. no winters in cali so my new wheels are full timers haha.

Old 11-16-2009, 11:28 PM
2009 Monte Of The Year

which limit edition is that?

Old 11-17-2009, 01:06 AM
Photobucket
15 Year Member

just the high sport package i'd guess. car is fully loaded, says limited edition on the gauge cluster right below the speedo but above the odo. it originally had the front lip until it got demolished in the accident goodbye $400 front lip. RIP.
without the front lip though, you can clearly see the intercooler haha. i dont have a cool looking front lip, but i do have a cool looking intercooler. i was actually asked the other day, it was last thursday i think, by an older asian guy prolly mid 30's early 40's why my radiator is so low LOL. that made my day.

the meth injection kit is coming from snowperformance.com im gonna have it tapped into a TB spacer i got, instead of tapping my TB.

Old 11-17-2009, 06:35 PM

Monte Of The Month -- August 2007

GREAT looking car!
I talked to Lyndon Wester about 2 years ago (Lyndon is one of the premier tuners in North America). He tuned our Solstice GXP. He told me the BEST thing I could do for my car was the meth' injection. Just been afraid to do it in the cold climate. The WORST thing I could do to my car would be to have the meth' injection kick in while is was froze! OOPS! Multiple tunes???
Question on your hood, is the scoop functional?

Old 11-18-2009, 03:28 AM
Photobucket
15 Year Member

haha that would totally suck! goodbye engine hello KR. Cant wait to do meth injection. good thing is, my shop took a universal kit out of another customers supercharged 300c as he couldnt get the tune right for the supercharger, wouldnt idle right. guy decided he'd sell the meth kit for 300. its NEVER been used only installed haha. guy never got a chance to drive it because it was a horrible idle. the kit goes for about $700 new. gonna scoop it up right after i find a stock downpipe so i can smog my car. anybody help me out with that??? i desperately need a stock DP w/ cat for smogging! let me know a price or if your nice enough to loan it to me!

rockin' - hood is functional but the crumple zones for the hood reduce the air coming through.....hood does allow water to run through though, and the hole sits right above my cone filter. dont really know how much that helps though....minimal at best im sure.

thanks for the compliments guys......remember me when voting for monte of the year! is it too early to start my campaign? lol.

also, just to let you guys know....im working on some secret under the hood eye candy....if i get it.....it'll be wow.

Old 11-18-2009, 08:41 AM

Monte Of The Month -- August 2014
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Originally Posted by 2003supersport
remember me when voting for monte of the year!
Don't fall for his bells and whistles hood!! A true Monte doesn't need to be taken away from the beautiful stock look

Old 11-18-2009, 01:27 PM
Photobucket
15 Year Member

Originally Posted by chibiblacksheep
Don't fall for his bells and whistles hood!! A true Monte doesn't need to be taken away from the beautiful stock look

blacksheep, i know about your other "pictures" on another monte site............benidict arnold sound familiar???????????? LOL.

and to answer your quote above.....my hood actually does whistle......in the wind from spanking other cars haha.

Quick Reply: 2003supersports new wheels!