General Monte Carlo Talk Talk about the Monte Carlo. Does not have to be your Monte. Can include pics and games.

Info: 2002 SS Pace Car Decals ??????

Old 05-01-2015, 11:36 AM
5 Year Member
3 Year Member1 Year Member
Lightbulb 2002 SS Pace Car Decals ??????

I have a 2002 SS Pace Car. I want to keep it as close to original as I can. When I got it a few weeks ago, it does not have the Monte Carlo name across the windsheild, or the Official Pace Car stickers on the ground affects. I have seen these things on cars in pictures online.

Does anybody know if these came on the car originally, or were added. Like I said I want to stay original so if they did not I do not want them, but if they did I want to find them and put them back on.

Can anybody help me out with the info. Thanks

Old 05-01-2015, 11:56 AM
Monte Of The Month -- June 2015
1 Year Member

I had the pace car decal kit put on my last monte carlo but never used the "offical pace car" decals let me see if I can find them and Ill sell them to you. I wont have time to look until sunday night as im going to a show 2 hours away this weekend. that decal is part of a $400 kit

Old 05-01-2015, 12:03 PM
5 Year Member

Thanks Tweek. I can tell you that I am interested, but only if they came on the car from factory. To be honest I like it better without them, but want it original for the value. This is daily driver for now, but in a year or so I am going to get another car and park this one I hope.

Old 05-01-2015, 12:06 PM
1 Year Member

Im not 100% sure if it came like that, I know its part of the kit that I got. I have seen some with it on there and some without it. I dont think its going to do anything to the value. We all do stuff to our car that is not original I dont think any mods will hurt the value. I have an intimidator monte carlo and I did a catback exhaust, cold air intake, led lights in the engine bay, and im about to get the ram air hood. And I bet you the value will be the same. The main thing that affects the value from what I have heard is milage. Make the car how YOU want it. Make your vision for this car a reality.

Last edited by tweek; 05-01-2015 at 12:09 PM.
Old 05-01-2015, 01:00 PM
5 Year Member

I am just not a big modder. I have thought about a exaust, or a CAI, but really want to keep it original. That is actually MY vision for this car. To be an original show car. I have looked and found another post that showed that the winshield sticker came with it OEM, but was in a box so an owner could put it on or leave it off. Did not say anything about the Office Pace Car stickers though. I am starting to think those were from a different year series and some people have just put them on.

Old 05-01-2015, 07:48 PM
Monte Of The Month -- July 2011
Monte Of The Month -- December 2016
10 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Check out this Link;https://www.phoenixgraphix.com/gm.php#monte_carlo

They will sell the decals one or all , I bought just the team monte carlo for the rear spoiler from them . call them an ask for what decals you need..

Old 05-01-2015, 08:48 PM
1 Year Member

That's where I went I went and picked it up to save on shipping

Old 05-04-2015, 08:26 AM
5 Year Member

Thanks all for all the info. I have found that the windshield was optional, and though I may add in future, I am going to not at this time. I also found the OPC decals on the ground affects under the door, were not OEM on the 2002. I am going to leave them off since I want to stay original.