General Monte Carlo Talk Talk about the Monte Carlo. Does not have to be your Monte. Can include pics and games.

2002 Monte Carlo LS subwoofer install help

Search this Thread

Old 01-31-2014, 06:15 PM
1 Year Member
Exclamation 2002 Monte Carlo LS subwoofer install help

Hello Everyone,
I am trying to install subwoofers in my 2002 Monte Carlo LS. I could use all the help I can get, but I really need to know how to hook up the remote wire for my amplifier. I heard there is an amplifier in the trunk, but I could not find it anywhere.

Thanks for your help everyone!
Mike

Last edited by The_Maniac; 01-31-2014 at 11:31 PM. Reason: Removed Audio/Video Build prefix, as this is not a build thread (it's a request for assistance).
Old 01-31-2014, 07:09 PM
Monte Of The Month -- April 2015
3 Year Member
1 Year Member

I am not certain if the LS model came with an amp in the trunk, but I don't see why it wouldn't have been an option. In my SS it is located in the trunk on basically the ceiling of the trunk by the light that turns on when you open the trunk. I found this on another forum

"DON'T hook up subs to the factory lines in any impala/monte with the amp under the trunk. I did this once and no matter HOW I wired it it sounded terrible. The sub was barely audible, and when I did finally get sound out of it it was distorted and would have quickly ruined the sub had I continued to use it."

I have not tested the original posters statement, just giving you some food for thought

Old 01-31-2014, 08:53 PM
1 Year Member

Where should the remote wire be hooked up?? And I have a PAC sni 35 where should I connect to? Should I tap into the existing speaker wires or run new ones from the car stereo?

Old 01-31-2014, 10:25 PM
3 Year Member
1 Year Member

Originally Posted by mikeRAGE
Where should the remote wire be hooked up?? And I have a PAC sni 35 where should I connect to? Should I tap into the existing speaker wires or run new ones from the car stereo?
Remote wire for the amp straight to the Stock Radio, connect it to the white wire in back of radio and this will turn on/off amp when car turns on/off.

If you are using your stock amp to run your factory speakers, then yes splice off of them and run those in to your sni 35 and use that to run your subs. I would run an amp prior to the subs as well as your factory amp will not give you much power.

Old 01-31-2014, 11:17 PM
1 Year Member

There is no stock amp for my car just the radio. I should just splice the wires from the rear speakers or run new ones because I don't want to get bad sound quality if I splice also since it's going to an amp the radio won't have to power the subs

Old 02-01-2014, 08:17 AM
1 Year Member

Bumpp

Old 02-01-2014, 10:06 AM
Monte of the Month -- March 2015
3 Year Member1 Year Member

yeah you can splice the positive and negative wire to two wires that will be run to your pac sni 35, then run the rcas to the subwoofer amp.

Old 02-01-2014, 10:08 AM
Monte of the Month -- March 2015
3 Year Member1 Year Member

I did find a picture of what it would look like

Old 02-01-2014, 10:24 AM
1 Year Member

what I'm wondering is if I share the same wire with the 6x9s will it affect the quality or the amount of sound output from the 6x9s

Old 02-01-2014, 01:26 PM
3 Year Member
1 Year Member

Originally Posted by mikeRAGE
what I'm wondering is if I share the same wire with the 6x9s will it affect the quality or the amount of sound output from the 6x9s
It shouldn't effect the sound quality to a point that you would notice audibly. If you are planning on competing in competitions with your stereo than, I would run separate individual wires and at that point you would probably be having a shop perform the install as you would be building proper sound absorption and replacing and adding matting materials. If you are just planning on using the car as a daily driver and enjoying the car, just splice off the 6x9's and run your subs. I would run a separate amp just for the sub, than you do for your interior speakers.

Quick Reply: 2002 Monte Carlo LS subwoofer install help