General Monte Carlo Talk Talk about the Monte Carlo. Does not have to be your Monte. Can include pics and games.

2000 Monte Carlo

Search this Thread

Old 04-23-2017, 03:56 PM
Default 2000 Monte Carlo

I replaced my condesor and added Freon and the a.c. worked fantastic....for 2 weeks. Then hit air blew and the fan stopped moving. Freon still in the car. Fuses seem fine...i live in Texas which is not as Haiti's so ANY suggestions would be wonderful! Thanks in advance!

Old 04-24-2017, 08:03 AM

Hi and welcome to the forum,

How familiar are you with an ac system? What tools do you have and how did you fill the system? How do you know there is refrigerant in the system now? Why did you replace the condenser?

I am not a fan of those cans you buy at the auto parts store; I just can't see putting in refrigerant in a car's ac system without a proper manifold gauge set. Just my 2c. So I am hoping you didn't use that.

Old 04-24-2017, 08:24 AM

Monte Of The Month -- August 2014
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

x2, hoping that you added using a vacuum. There's a chance that it is just still low on freon

Old 04-24-2017, 09:11 AM
Default Why did I replace...

Well some jackass backed over the front of my car in a Wal-Mart parking lot, I replaced a front headlight, radiator and condesor because he/She put their bitch through the front of my car. It was pressurized and gauges were used to add Freon. I didn't do it a guy did, in a shop. However that ship has sailed because he closed the shop. 😠 but I had someone check the ctron and there is 33 psi in there and no more will go in and the fan will not turn now....help.
Hot in Texas...this mama needs a.c.. dont treat me like a dumb female either please. Tia.

Old 04-24-2017, 11:24 AM

I don't treat anyone like a dumb anything. Ac can be tricky for many if not most DIYers. This is why I ask what is you knowledge of the system.

So there are several things to go trough and I'm not sure how much we can get through without all the tools - but this is again the problem of giving online advice on an car forum - it's hard to see what you have, to have all the proper tools, all the knowledge to trouble shoot cars.

So if this guy closed his shop, can you find him to work on it on the side? I'm guessing you don't want to take it to another shop?

Again I'm really not trying to sound condescending, but there are 2 readings for an ac system and you would really want to see these readings live while the system is running. Several factors can affect these readings including ambient air temp, humidity, ect. There are charts out there for the temp outside and humidity and what those High and Low readings from the ac system should be about.

I tend to advise people not to mess with ac unless they have a good knowledge because more harm can happen to the system.

That being said, you will want to have access to an ac manifold gauge set, maybe a jumper wire as well, possibly an ac scale, a vacuum, possibly some more refrigerant to work on ac systems.

Ok all disclaimers done. What fan won't turn on? The inside blower motor that delivers the air to you inside the cabin, or the engine bay fans near the radiator and condenser? Also, is the ac clutch engaging?