General Monte Carlo Talk Talk about the Monte Carlo. Does not have to be your Monte. Can include pics and games.

1999 Monte Carlo SS - Dale Earnhardt Edition - Signed

Search this Thread

Old 03-17-2016, 01:49 PM
Question 1999 Monte Carlo SS - Dale Earnhardt Edition - Signed

I am looking for some feedback.

Our family owns a 1999 Monte Carlo SS Dale Earnhardt Edition. It is #3 of 17 signed by Dale Earnhardt, sold through Dale Earnhardt Chevrolet in NC, with Dale's signature on the extended warranty, less than 2,900 original miles, and was also signed by NASCAR artist Sam Bass (only known vehicle he signed).

We are considering selling the car and a fairly extensive collection of Dale Earnhardt memorabilia, and we are wondering what a ball park price range might be on something like this?

(Not actual car)

Last edited by ZaneO; 03-17-2016 at 03:40 PM.
Old 03-17-2016, 02:37 PM
Monte Of The Month -- June 2013
Monte Of The Month -- December 2015
5 Year Member
3 Year Member1 Year Member

Many variables, cars condition is one. Just having his signature on some paper work isn't that interesting in my opinion. Would be much better if he signed the car. If the car is in the shape of the one in the picture, maybe $6k for it. You'd have to find a rather specific buyer.

Old 03-17-2016, 02:58 PM
Thumbs up >Welcome<

Originally Posted by ZaneO

Our family owns a 1999 Monte Carlo SS Dale Earnhardt Edition. It is #3 of 17 signed by Dale Earnhardt, sold through Dale Earnhard Chevrolet in NC, with Dale's signature on the extended warranty, less than 2,900 original miles, and was also signed by Nascar artist/designer Sam Bass (only known vehicle he signed).

We are considering selling the car and a fairly extensive collection of Dale Earnhardt memorabilia, and we are wondering what a ball park price range might be on something like this?

(Not actual car)

Hi `Zane,
Welcome to the Monte Carlo Family. You sure have a rare Monte Carlo. I have no idea what it would sell for , I just know it's worth what a Dale Sr fan is willing to pay (?)

How has yours been stored & Maintained ? What do you have it insured for ? Have you had a appraised by a professional ?
Would like to see a complete set of pictures. Good Pictures really help sell a vehicle, plus complete details on options, maintenance records etc.

I hope one of our expert member's can give you a good estimate. Keep checking back on your thread...Good Luck

Old 03-17-2016, 03:05 PM
Question

Check with Classic dealers like below (Good Luck)

Classic Car Liquidators: Buy or Sell Classic Cars, Muscle ...

www.classiccarliquidators.com/

Classic Car Liquidators buys and sells classic cars, muscle cars, street rods, antique cars and more from our showroom in Sherman, TX. ... Classic Car Liquidators is adealership designed for car people, by car people. We are the leader in ...

Inventory

Classic cars for sale with new inventory listed daily at Classic ...

New Arrivals

New classic cars for sale every day, check back to buy a ... NEW ...

More results from classiccarliquidators.com »

Texas Classic Cars of Dallas

www.texasclassiccarsofdallas.com/

Having been in business for 8 years, we have become one of the areas most successful consignment dealers. If you have a classic car to sell, consider bringing ..

Old 03-17-2016, 03:33 PM

Thanks for the replies.

To clarify, the dash was signed by Dale Sr and Sam Bass, and Dale Sr also signed the extended warranty paperwork.

The vehicle has been garage kept, is in like-new condition and original (minus the battery), and insured for over $30k.

I'm just starting to do some research on the current marketability and pricing. I will be compiling all the documentation, taking inventory of the memorabilia, and taking lots of quality pictures to help market it.

Old 03-17-2016, 03:42 PM

Thanks for your reply & additional information. Keep us updated & we hope you return & post some pictures. Also, check back in on your thread to see if any MCF Member's are interested in your Monte or the memorabilia that you are selling...Good Luck

Old 03-17-2016, 04:47 PM
Monte Of The Month -- June 2013
Monte Of The Month -- December 2015
5 Year Member

Good luck, i'd say consider going to a more specialty auction or something where you're more likely to find unique buyers.

Old 03-17-2016, 06:07 PM
Monte Of The Month -- May 2015
Monte Of The Month -- March 2017
5 Year Member
Smile

Originally Posted by ZaneO

Our family owns a 1999 Monte Carlo SS Dale Earnhardt Edition. It is #3 of 17 signed by Dale Earnhardt, sold through Dale Earnhardt Chevrolet in NC, with Dale's signature on the extended warranty, less than 2,900 original miles, and was also signed by NASCAR artist Sam Bass (only known vehicle he signed).

(Not actual car)

Wow this is a 1997 Model Dale Earnhardt signature series Monte Carlo Z-34.
So I have some photo's I will attach for you that includes the one for the 1999, I think if you take the Car to Barrett-Jackson Auctions you could get some good money for it. However it needs to have a Signature on the Glove box, or the Console lid, and then it needs to be signed on the Owners Manual and the Window Sticker. If not it is just a 5th Gen. Monte with the Dale Earnhardt Chevy colors on it. I have seen several of these and they just don't sell for what the owners want them to.
In the photo of the 95 I am attaching the owner wanted $25K for it in 2001/2002 and never got that to my knowledge.
Check out the photo's

Attached Thumbnails 1999 Monte Carlo SS - Dale Earnhardt Edition - Signed-95mcdesaref1.jpg   1999 Monte Carlo SS - Dale Earnhardt Edition - Signed-1996earnhardt-montecarlo-2-.jpg   1999 Monte Carlo SS - Dale Earnhardt Edition - Signed-96-earnhardt-montecarlo-4-.jpg   1999 Monte Carlo SS - Dale Earnhardt Edition - Signed-97earntmontecarlo-3a.jpg   1999 Monte Carlo SS - Dale Earnhardt Edition - Signed-98earnhardt-edition-1a.jpg  

1999 Monte Carlo SS - Dale Earnhardt Edition - Signed-1999-earnhardt-montecarlo.jpg   1999 Monte Carlo SS - Dale Earnhardt Edition - Signed-earnhardt-editon-1999-1.jpg  

Last edited by drivernumber3; 03-17-2016 at 06:11 PM. Reason: photos
Old 03-17-2016, 06:20 PM
Monte Of The Month -- May 2015
Monte Of The Month -- March 2017
5 Year Member
Cool

Here are a few more reference photo's. There is also a price quote attached that I got in 97, my wife tangled with a Train at a crossing and lost the Van we had and I wanted to get a Signature series car.
A shot of Dale Signing the Glove box on a 6th Gen, embroidered headrest, owners manual, 97 Brochure, and the Number plaque that comes mounted on the Car.
Let me tell you all this, the collectables market has went south, I kept all my stuff. It would have hurt to much to sell it at the time. I met the real Dale once spent a little time with him he loved to give me Sh*t but I gave it right back and he seemed to like that. I was so shock when I met this guy it was like looking in a Mirror. Funny thing was I had no idea who he was. At the time I met him he was not as famous in the Northern part of the USA. His type of racing got a big following in the 90's. I met him in the late 80's. After he was lost in 2001 I probably cried off and on for several years. On occasion I would meet fans at the Track and they would be all over me. Last year I was in Tennessee and there are people there I could not convince that I was not Dale. crazy stuff.

Attached Thumbnails 1999 Monte Carlo SS - Dale Earnhardt Edition - Signed-0qw.jpg   1999 Monte Carlo SS - Dale Earnhardt Edition - Signed-0aq.jpg   1999 Monte Carlo SS - Dale Earnhardt Edition - Signed-1995ownersmanual.jpg   1999 Monte Carlo SS - Dale Earnhardt Edition - Signed-dale321.jpg   1999 Monte Carlo SS - Dale Earnhardt Edition - Signed-dale-signing.jpg  

1999 Monte Carlo SS - Dale Earnhardt Edition - Signed-earnhardt-monte-pricejpg.jpg   1999 Monte Carlo SS - Dale Earnhardt Edition - Signed-98ernhtmonte.jpg   1999 Monte Carlo SS - Dale Earnhardt Edition - Signed-98earnhardt-edition-1a.jpg  

Last edited by drivernumber3; 03-17-2016 at 06:34 PM. Reason: photos
Old 04-04-2016, 09:12 AM

Thanks again for all the feedback.

I've gotten closer by getting the memorabilia cataloged. You can check out the pictures here:

Dale Earnhardt Collection by ZaneO | Photobucket

I'll work on getting some pictures of the car and documentation this week.