General Monte Carlo Talk Talk about the Monte Carlo. Does not have to be your Monte. Can include pics and games.

1972 Chevy Monte Carlo 4-Sale $8500

Search this Thread

Old 01-05-2012, 08:01 AM
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member
Smile 1972 Chevy Monte Carlo 4-Sale $8500

Super Nice One 4-Sure...What do you think ?

1972 Chevrolet Monte Carlo$8,500

• MILEAGE 78500
  • DESCRIPTIONI'm selling a 72 Monte Carlo with 78,500 original miles, 350 cu. in. engine and 350 turbo transmission. I'm the 2nd owner, bought it in 2004 with 61,000 miles from son of original owner who past. Car came from Clearwater, FL. The car has no rust, runs great (see following improvements), looksgood and is mechanically sound. Improvements: new springs & shocks, tires, fuel pump, fuel lines, fr. brakes, brake lines, proportioning valve, front wheel bearings, suspension bushings, pitman arm, power stearing box seal, universal joints, transmission filter, timing chain, water pump, radiator, battery cables, alternator, MSD distributor, spark plugs & wires, Edlebrock intake & 4bbl carb (have original intake, carb and air filter), dual exhaust with Flowmaster mufflers, valve cover gaskets, repainted covers, Custom Audio Sound AM/FM/cassette radio (dash not cut, have original AM radio), new speakers front & back, sound deading mat on entire floor up to rear deck. Needs: roof liner is dry and ripped along one of the support ribs but not hanging, rear seat vinyl is good, front bench seat vinyl has tear on drivers side and edge piping is worn, AC is intact but not working, have new compressor, previous owner had aftermarket side mirror added to both sides, have replacement original drivers side mirror with wire control, exterior paint is not perfect but not bad either, a few chips and dings. Car used in summer and stored in winter, always garaged. Ride around town and occasionally drive to Maine with no problems. The car is sound and rust free. Either enjoy as is or bring it to the next level. All extra parts come with the car. If you have any questions please send me an email, feel free to include a phone number if you'd like to discuss any particulars or to schedule a time to come see and testdrive the car.
SPECIFICATIONS

• CLASSIC CAR ID The Classic Car ID is a designation assigned by AutoTrader Classics that lets users quickly return to cars they like.
  • CATEGORYMuscle & Pony Cars
  • CONDITION
TRIM & BODY STYLE

• BODYSTYLECoupe
SUSPENSION

ENGINE

• ENGINE8 Cylinder
  • DRIVETRAIN2 wheel drive - rear
TRANSMISSION

• TRANSMISSIONAutomatic
EXTERIOR

• EXTERIOR COLORBrown
INTERIOR

OPTIONS

• COMFORT Air Conditioning Power Steering Power Brakes
  • SOUND AM/FM Radio Cassette Player
  • OTHER FEATURES Custom Wheels
http://www.autotraderclassics.com/classic-car/1972-Chevrolet-Monte+Carlo-545555.xhtml?conversationId=349402
For more infor: Click above link

Old 01-05-2012, 08:05 AM

Monte Of The Month - March 2010

Man Space id love to have that always wanted a first gen

Old 01-05-2012, 08:23 AM

Monte Of The Month -- June 2011
5 Year Member
3 Year Member1 Year Member

That looks nice an seems priced right. I would however remove those side body moldings. I know they serve a purpose but do not look good on that car. They should have stopped it before back wheels. But Yes, I like and sure would love it in my driveway.

Old 01-05-2012, 08:33 AM

Thanks Mike & Jerry, for your posts/feedback..

I often go to Auto Traders Classic to dream about the cars they have for sale & I thought the price & condition of the above Monte was decent I also agree `Jerry that it would look better without the molding...

I not a fan of vinyl tops, & I'd paint it Midnight BLACK
Maybe one of our Member's will get it ?

Yes, Mike I love the 1st Gen's, but I do like certain models of all Gen Monte Carlo's.....I'd love to have one of each
OK, I'm going back to my auto dreamland...Please do not disturb my space ~>
p.s. really, I have 2 get back 2 work

Old 01-05-2012, 08:35 AM

Monte Of The Month -- June 2011
5 Year Member
3 Year Member1 Year Member

I was gonna say Black would be better but didnt want to sound like I was downgrading the car as it is nice.

Old 01-05-2012, 08:38 AM
THE JUDGE
Monte Of The Month -- November 2015
Monte Of The Month -- March 2012
10 Year Member

I wish we had our triple black 72 back - first thing I'd do is get rid of the bench seat and put a console and buckets in. Tuxedo Black was not a standard color for the 72 Monte. Like ours, it was special ordered.

Old 01-05-2012, 08:53 AM

Hi `Amy, I was hoping that you would see this thread & post your thoughts...I thought of your awesome Black Monte when I found the above Monte...Your's was awesome 4-Sure... What did you think of the price on this one ?

Do you miss yours ? Any regrets ?
p.s. do you have any pictures of yours that you can post on this thread ?

Old 01-05-2012, 08:59 AM

Monte Of The Month - March 2010

Wonder if i can trade my GTO for one & get some money back

Old 01-05-2012, 10:26 AM
THE JUDGE
Monte Of The Month -- November 2015
Monte Of The Month -- March 2012
10 Year Member

I think that is a great price for a rust free car. And I totally miss our Monte it was beautiful - it would always win at participant judged show even though it was only a driver - it was clean and straight. The only thing that I don't miss that it barely fit in the garage LOL! I'm almost happy that the next car I get will be downsized to my 05 Monte - much more room in the garage.

Old 01-05-2012, 12:12 PM

Monte Of The Month -- November 2011

i wish i was a fan of the leather top. They don't look bad by any means but i don't think i'd ever own one..that black looks pretty damn good tho

Quick Reply: 1972 Chevy Monte Carlo 4-Sale $8500