General Monte Carlo Talk Talk about the Monte Carlo. Does not have to be your Monte. Can include pics and games.

183.9MPH!!in a monte SS

Search this Thread

Old 07-09-2005, 07:56 PM
Default RE: 183.9MPH!!in a monte SS

ORIGINAL: 04MonteLS

ORIGINAL: montejass

So far I have had mine up to 135, I was too wigged out to go further due to traffic and not having Z rated tires. But, I will have my Z's I hope by the end of August. Not sure if I'll try topping 183 but my goal is to at least bury the needle.

Of course finding the right road to do this on my be a chore. I am considering a road trip to SEMA this year in Vegas, maybe one of those wide open desert highways would be the safest.

so far, I've mine up to......90[&o]

ooooh, SEMA. I've been wanting to go for a while, I'll make it, eventually.
This will be my first time to SEMA.... Sadly this years theme will revolve around the Rustang.... But I am sure we will find plenty of other stuff to see and do.

Old 07-10-2005, 02:53 AM

ORIGINAL: montejass

This will be my first time to SEMA.... Sadly this years theme will revolve around the Rustang.... But I am sure we will find plenty of other stuff to see and do.
No doubt! A friend of mine went last year and had a blast, I tried to talk him out of giving his other ticket to his dad but that didn't work[&o]

Old 07-18-2005, 03:43 PM

Im sorry, but I dont believe it. Do it again and take a pic of your speedo facing straight down just past 90. deg. from the center and then I will.

Old 07-18-2005, 04:41 PM

i dont think that the speedo goes that high..he is saying that he tracked it on GPS, not on a stock speedometer.

and i woudlnt expect any american made 10 second car to get anywhere near 184mph...especially considering the amount of gearing needed to get a small engine moving that fast in the QM...however i would check your friends timeslips, because if he has a streetable 10 second SRT4, it is a record holder and he should immeadiately contact dodge for factory backing.

Old 07-18-2005, 05:46 PM
Photobucket
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

i have to talk with him on it I know he is a sponsard car. It is black with ornge racing strips on it. he has three sponsors that i know of here,

But as far as him contacting Dodge i dont know if he has done that or not,
but now that you menton it i will have to ask him about it again. I know when they dynoed it at one of the shows it came out to about 500hp at the wheels but we didnt belive it at the time and since he has not done a dyno so i dont know if the numbers were right or wrong on that one,

Cassie.

I didnt do it looking at the needel of the guage and guess where it was i did it with two handheld GPS.unitis. but i also dont live in the states so i can do this legaly,I mention that the needel was stright down passed 90 deg. becuse it was as far as trying to take a camera and get a photo at those speeds im sorry i like to live enough that i would not be that stupid.

Not to mention my car wont see those speeds again unless it is somethign i have to do, I have proven to my self what it will do and it was fast enough for me. If you would like to try it then feel free . if my car dose it agian it will be on a track in a more controlled area. and under better conditions. Instead of on the autobahn not worth the risk . when i did this before it was us goofing around and it got ut of hand.

Old 07-20-2005, 05:04 PM

From hanging out on LS1 boards, I know the latest Camaro SS's -- like a 2002 - will go to 168MPH governed, and will actually only do a couple MPH more with the governor de-programmed (regular gears -- 6 speed manual).

I'd think 160-170 would be possible in the MCSS, but I wouldn't want to be inside of it when it's doing it.

Old 07-20-2005, 05:13 PM

ORIGINAL: Hunter_ST

From hanging out on LS1 boards, I know the latest Camaro SS's -- like a 2002 - will go to 168MPH governed, and will actually only do a couple MPH more with the governor de-programmed (regular gears -- 6 speed manual).

I'd think 160-170 would be possible in the MCSS, but I wouldn't want to be inside of it when it's doing it.
I second that one...135 was wiggy enough for me. I wanna at least hit 140 but not till I get my tires..

Old 07-20-2005, 06:03 PM
Photobucket
15 Year Member

well if it helps you feel beeter it dose get eaiser to drive after you get past 130 for some reason . at least mine didnt feel as lose but it was still lose.

Like i said some where in this thread i would love to know if i can calabrate this GPS or not. I would liek to etheir prove it right or wrong etheir way right now this is all i have to go on Tlaking with some piolets and others ere they say they dont know how to say it could be wrong ethier. So i fanyone dose know how let me know I would liek to know how to get it right

Old 07-20-2005, 10:52 PM

It seems to me that simple math should be able to tell us how fast it will go....

When you hit your top speed reset the trip and record the time it takes to travel a set distance or in this case as long as you can hold the speed.

Miles traveled / minutes x 60= MPH

We don't need no stinking GPS....

Old 07-21-2005, 06:04 AM
Photobucket
15 Year Member

lol
well we will see if i feel stupid enough to ty it again if i do i will see what i come up with