General Monte Carlo Talk Talk about the Monte Carlo. Does not have to be your Monte. Can include pics and games.

6th Gen ('00-'05): The 13 Day Holley LS Fest Swap and Turbo Thread

Search this Thread

Old 09-23-2015, 11:00 PM
Monte Of The Month -- May 2012
Monte Of The Year 2012
Monte Of The Month -- February 2017
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Nice extra effort turbo build your putting together. You have come a long way in a short period of time with this, lots of custom work here. Your car pulls pretty hard in the video. Going to be interesting to see your dyno numbers, should be pretty impressive. What MAF are you running, is it a digital air meter? Your going to use a turbo blanket I would assume to keep your air intake cool as possible with the turbo and pipes right under it. Like your out of the box thinking with your design / layout for the turbo's location, left you a lot of room for your custom fabricated crossover pipe and such. We had to bend my T/B up and over my Borg-Warner EFR due to it's location. Your metal work is looking really nice, you doing all that in house, even the custom body braces under the hood? I do like your cutting away of the bumper cover material to expose the I/C to the airflow. Your turbo fender intake is crazy wicked looking, gives your Monte an "All business " appearance. You keep chipping away at this build and your going to have a Mr. Nasty Monte on your hands, way to bring life back to the Monte Carlo name. Nice to see a fresh build of this extent. Hell a fresh engine and all, your doing it right. Love what your doing!! Keep us posted for sure...

Last edited by ZIPPY02; 09-23-2015 at 11:06 PM.
Old 09-28-2015, 08:24 AM
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Made lots of progress this weekend. Time to stuff a sticky tire under it and limit some suspension travel.

40mph rolling into 15psi spun hard had to peddle a few times but still pulls really good. Only on 12-13 deg of timing and pump gas.

Also started sorting out the MSD two-step.

Old 09-28-2015, 09:00 AM

Monte of the Month -- February 2015
Monte Of The Month -- April 2017
3 Year Member
1 Year Member

Wow Brandon. You sure have put a lot of work into this. Thanks for updating..this is so cool to watch the progress!!
Any plans on getting a time slip on the Monte at a local dragstrip?? I'd be curious to see what it will do!!