General Monte Carlo Talk Talk about the Monte Carlo. Does not have to be your Monte. Can include pics and games.

#1 Priority ?

Search this Thread

Old 05-10-2008, 11:52 PM
Default RE: #1 Priority ?

When you decide you need your space and separate yourself from your exotic surroundings, the Veyron is a handy tool. With all-wheel drive and the 8-liter, quad turbo, W-16 offering 1,001 horsepower at 6,000 rpm and 922 lb-ft of torque at just 2,200 rpm, otherworldly speed is achieved with a mere twitch of your foot. The Bugatti Veyron 16.4 moves from 0 to 62 mph in 2.5 seconds, 0 to 124 mph takes 7.3 seconds and 0 to 186 mph only requires 16.7 seconds of your time. The governed top speed is 252 mph.

Bugatti Veyron 16.4 This is performance...

Old 05-11-2008, 12:17 AM

1.performance
2.looks
3.sound

if your going fast enough people can't see what your car looks like anyway right?

Old 05-11-2008, 12:39 AM

Performance, but not high performance is Job-One.
Looks and comfort is Job 1-A.

If I spent the time and money I put into cleaning and cleaning products on performance mods ... I'd have a faster car ... but, not as good looking!
I really appreciate it when somebody says that they like the way my car looks.

Old 05-11-2008, 06:31 AM
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

[align=center]
ORIGINAL: RickCoMatic

I really appreciate it when somebody says that they like the way my car looks.
[/align][align=center][/align][align=center]Hi Rick,[/align][align=center]The BeachBum's & I like the way your Monte Carlo Looks [/align][align=center][/align][align=center]I agree, it's great to hear compliments about the car[/align][align=center]that we own/drive....4-Sure![/align]

Old 05-11-2008, 04:54 PM

My priorities for my 76 Monte are in this order...

#1 - Looks: What I want more than anything right now is to get the body work, paint, new vinyl top and interior done. It kills me how much my Monte looks like crap right now.

#2 - Performance: While looks are very important, I'm one that doesn't want just looks. I want show and go, which is why I dropped in a performance 350 five years ago. While I am still struggling to break into the 13's, I know the power is there. Its just a matter of getting it to the ground and getting the wheels to hook up on the launch. As soon as I pass DEQ, the cats will come off again and I can finally dial in my new carburetor. My times dropped by as much as a full second when I installed a carb and kept the "out of the box" setting. Second gen Monte's are regarded as being too heavy and too slow, there for not worthy of being restored or beefed up power wise. I am one that wants to help change that perspective by running a stock-looking car with a nice beast under the hood.

#3 - MPG: While I want looks and performance, getting decent mileage is starting to get to be an important factor since we're all getting screwed at the gas pump now. Adding a 4-speed automatic and reducing my gear ratio from 3.73 to 3.08, 3.23 or 3.42 will definately improve my mileage. I'll be saving up for this as soon as I can get priority #1 taken care of.

#4 - Sound system: This is the last thing on my mind. I'm not into having my trunk full of subs and amps like a lot of people are. Give me a nice in-dash CD/MP3 player and a nice pair of 6x9's in the package tray and I'm good.

Old 05-12-2008, 09:39 AM
Monte Of The Month -- March 2007
5 Year Member

here's what i want

only i'd paint it to match the car, thats the color of my magnum

AND this is the shaker, i'd paint it silver

Old 05-12-2008, 09:43 AM

man thats sweet josh d00d, hurry up and get that joker so we can see what it looks like on ur squad car

Old 05-12-2008, 09:56 AM

that shaker is sweet!

Old 05-12-2008, 09:58 AM
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

LoL ~ LOL `Chris,
Moderator Wiz Kidd has to get all those super performance
Mod's to be able to Chase Down the SuperSuper Fast
Monte Carlo's : )
Mod `Wiz, those would be super `mod's 4-sure : )
Can't wait to see your pic's, and we hope
that you can take vid's/sound clips.
Can't wait to hear your Hemi Roar : )
Thanks 4 shar'in
Peace/Out `Space

Old 05-12-2008, 10:11 AM

Monte Of The Month -- January 2011
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Let's see,

1st) Maintenance- One to me that is not mentioned (Probably goes without saying) is Maitenance...But this does get overlooked by most...This is my number one priority, to keep the cars running/on the road regardless of what they look like or sound like...Of course when soemthing goes I also like to upgrade it killing 2 birds with one stone...

2nd) I like to upgrade the looks, so when a car passes by someone turns around and looks at it and says whoa what is that? (Weather thats for the good or for the bad remains to be seen lol) But I like it when it is tastfully done...whhen someone can't figure out if an aftermarket part is stock or not is way bettter then something that stands out and SCreams Look at me!!!

3rd) Performance, I like to leave this for last, cause if it is to be done right, then it's gunna be the most expenisve piece and also may have several trial and errors resulting in some downtime for the car, whcih I hate, but it comes along with the hobby...

But for me performance doesn't nessarily mean HP and torque, this isn't the 50's and 60's when everything was a straight line anymore, To me performance is so much more, it is suspension work so your car can take turns and feel like it is on rails, and Brake work so you can stop all that power/weight in a quick fashion

4th) Stereo I used to hold this higher, but I've had my fair share of blown amps and bad wiring, so although my monte has a system, in the future I doubt any of my cars will have sub, probably just do head unit and speaker swaps and call it a day..

5th) MPG....buy a Prius if your that concerned lol....

Joe