General Monte Carlo Talk Talk about the Monte Carlo. Does not have to be your Monte. Can include pics and games.

06/07 Owners

Old 11-24-2006, 12:34 PM
Default 06/07 Owners

I have a new 07 SS on order and have been reading a few post about how the remote start feature also turns on the AC an heated seats. How exactly does this work? Do you have to leave the controls in the "on" position when shutting down the car. Do you have to leave the fan control on at the high speed? Somewhere I read that the system somehow reacts to the outside temperature and adjusts itself accordingly. I know my Mom has an 06 Buick "Allure" (thats what they call it in Canada, they call it a Lacrosse in the US) and the heated seats automatically turn off when the car is turned off, and they must be turned on manually when you get in. I did notice however that the fan is usually running on high until you turn the ignition to the run position, after starting with the remote. Her car however has the automatic climate control, where the Monte dosen't. Just wondering how the Monte system works.

Old 11-24-2006, 01:41 PM
Default RE: 06/07 Owners

Another quick question, the SS logos on the doors and trunk, are they a chrome outline with a white insert???

Old 11-24-2006, 03:27 PM

My 06 SS automatically turns on the heat when the temps are low no matter what the settings were when I turned off the car, and the heated seats do not come on with the remote start, no matter whether they were on when you turn off your car or not. But it does not take the heated seats very long to get warmed up and the lumbar heated part is great for people with back problems. Don't know about the SS emblems but will take a look later today when I go out.

Old 11-24-2006, 03:57 PM

Yes, the "SS" badges are chromme with white inserts. If you dont like the white, theres a company called " Grafxwerks.com, and they have the inserts in differant colors

Old 11-25-2006, 04:41 AM

welcome to the board, stay active.

I wish my monte had automatic heated seats, it was cold today

Old 11-25-2006, 10:31 AM

The remote start feature uses the outside temp gauge/sensor that your car has on it to determine whether to start the AC or turn on the heat. Where the controls are when the car is turned off doesn't matter, however once you insert the key and turn the car to the on position then the HVAC controls will come on to wherever you had them before you turned it off. I absolutely love mine, never thought I'd actually use it when I purchased the vehicle.

Old 11-27-2006, 01:49 PM

My '06 SS has the remote start and the heated seats, makes sense seeing as how I got it in Indiana. When I brought it down to Florida I thought I would never use either. I would normally only use it on cold days to warm up the vehicle. Thats when I figured out that it is based on outside temp. When I remote start, the AC is usually blowing pretty hard when I get in, a nice feature on a hot day. And for the cool mornings in the winter, where its not quite enough to turn on the heat, but the leather seats are pretty chilly, turn the heated seats on for about 2 minutes and its good to go. Both nice features for wherever you own, cold climate or warm.

Old 11-27-2006, 05:46 PM

i just wish i had the remote start. I can turn on the heater my self LOL
Might take it a bit to warm up the car but at least it would help melt the widows while i scrape LOL

man some folks have all the luck LOL

Old 11-27-2006, 07:57 PM

I never have to scrape as mine sits in the garage while at home and in the parking garage while at work.

Old 11-27-2006, 08:41 PM
rj
15 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

My '06 has the remote start feature. Never really used it other then trying it out a couple of times. And now the car sets inside.

From what I read in the owner's manual it recommends you not run the car more then 20 minutes while warming it up. I don't know about you guys but I'm not letting my car set in the drive way running for 20 minutes no matter what.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: 06/07 Owners