General Monte Carlo Talk Talk about the Monte Carlo. Does not have to be your Monte. Can include pics and games.

06-07 GM fog lights?

Search this Thread

Old 10-11-2008, 01:46 AM
dcd
Default 06-07 GM fog lights?

The 2006-2007 SS models come with factory fog lights. All V6 models have the fog light holes in the bumper, with a stupid filling in them.

I have seen 2000-2005 monte's with aftermarket fog lights and no offense to anyone but they are not for me. However I am used to the fogs and I think it makes the car look much better head on. I am interested in purchasing the GM parts for the SS fog lights and installing them in my LT.

My question is for anyone who has done this, or any 06-07 SS owners. How did you wire your fog lights? Is there a switch to control them separately in the SS? Is this something I can do in my driveway? Will the GM parts for the SS fit my LT bumper?

Any advice would be appreciated.
MCF is great!

Old 10-11-2008, 09:33 AM
Default RE: 06-07 GM fog lights?

I have been thinking the same thing. The regular OEM fog lights just look right. As for the wiring, I have looked at a few diagrams on how to wire it up and Im just going to leave it to the pros and have adealership put them in.

Old 10-11-2008, 11:45 AM

Actually my 3.9L LT came with the fog lights, think the LTZ did as well. I'd help you out with the wiring if I could, but I have no idea as to where they go plus, it's 30 degrees today.

Old 10-11-2008, 02:59 PM
dcd

Really! A dealer told me no V6's had them. I should have researched before I took his word for it.
Do you have a switch for them or are they just on with the headlights? Do they come on in the daytime with the running lights?

Old 10-11-2008, 04:24 PM

Just to let you know what you might be dealing with. My '04 was built without Fog Lights. There's a dotted-line surrounding the Fog Light Relay at the Power Block and No Switch or Wiring for either a Switch OR anyplace to Plug-in the Lights on the Wiring Harness.
I acquired a pair of Factory Fog Lights from a Junk Yard. Both Fogs had all the Mounting Framework. It was just a few minutes of Cutting and Sanding-out the Louvers in the Bumper before installing the Fog Lights in their Bumber-Ready Mounting Places.

There was NO Factory Wiring.
I did all my own wiring, following the wiring harness as I powered the Lights.

My installation allows me to have the Lights Switched from a Dash Mounted 3-Way Switch. I can select:
ON w/ High Beams
Off
ON w/ Low Beams

One single wire runs from the Power Block 12-Volt Post down and across the front of the Engine to the Driver Side Fender just ahead of the Strut Tower where a Branch to the Hot Feed supplied LOAD Power to TWO Relays mounted together on the inside of the Fender there.
A Common +12-Volt Hot wire with a "Y" at the end Supplies LOAD Power to BOTH Relays.

The Relays get Triggering Signals from the Driver Side Headlight.
Low Beam On triggering one Relay.
High Beam On triggering the other.
Load FROM Relays wired and spliced together to Power Lights from the appropriately triggered Relay.

Relay Triggers wired with Speaker wire and passed through the Firewall at the Steering Column to a 3-Way Switch Grounded to the Frame.

Old 10-11-2008, 04:47 PM

ORIGINAL: dcd

Really! A dealer told me no V6's had them. I should have researched before I took his word for it.
Do you have a switch for them or are they just on with the headlights? Do they come on in the daytime with the running lights?
Most dealers are full of it. Let me know how this pans out for you, cause this is something I would like to do to my 06. And maybe its an easy job, and im too tired to look at diagrams.

Old 10-11-2008, 07:17 PM
rj
15 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Really! A dealer told me no V6's had them.

Really? Cause my '06 LTZ came with them. And it's a 3.9 V6.

Two of the placesI can think of if you want thefactory fog lights for your Monte.
1. GMpartsdirect.
2. ebay.
Another source.............
3. local salvage yard.

Any dealer will charge you $$$$ for the parts. I know when I wanted to replace the upper grille in my LTZ the local Chevy dealer wanted over $300 for the grille. GMpartsdirect was $59/shipped. It came with a new bow tie already attached to the center of the grille. My Chevy dealer would have charged me for the bow tie.

Old 10-11-2008, 08:04 PM

Get them from Salvage.
Save Big Bucks.

car.part.com

http://www.atlanticsalvage.com/

Old 10-12-2008, 02:45 PM

ORIGINAL: dcd

You know how the headlight switch is that round ****? Well it's basically like turning on the A/C, the whole round part is a button and I just have to push it to turn 'em on.

Here's a picture of the switch...

Old 10-12-2008, 03:49 PM

That's a whole different Switch from what I have in my 04 LS. That looks nice.
What is it that the Panel below the Light Switch controls?

It's going to be a lot easier for you if you already have a Switch and Wiring.
Look down by the Headlights and see if you have Pigtails for the Fog Lights to plug into.

Quick Reply: 06-07 GM fog lights?