General Monte Carlo Talk Talk about the Monte Carlo. Does not have to be your Monte. Can include pics and games.

03 monte to be barried

Search this Thread

Old 11-28-2006, 08:59 PM
Default 03 monte to be barried

hey al..just thought i would let everuone know that i wrote off my car on friday. so my plans of a nice monte died along with it. i plan to buy another monte once i heal (6-7) weeks, i fractured a vertibre in my neck so thats not good. a total of 44 stitches in my head and 28 staples in my hair summed up to the total damage done to me. my car is more likely than wirtten off, the polive and ambulance people said i was lucky to be alive. as soon as i get my money from MPI i will lett ya'll know so you can help me pick out another monte..which hopefully lasts more than 6 months

thanks

ill post some pics of the crash once i am released from hospital later this week

Old 11-29-2006, 10:32 AM
Monte Of The Month -- March 2007
5 Year Member
Default RE: 03 monte to be barried

oh my, well as long as your ok thats the important thing

what happened???

Old 11-29-2006, 07:47 PM

No kidding, the way it sounds you should be grateful to be alive. What happend?

Old 11-29-2006, 08:45 PM
rj
15 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

I gotta agree as long as you're okay.

Sorry to hear about your Monte though.

Old 11-30-2006, 03:32 PM

OOOHHHHH!!!!!! That sucks, man. Glad to hear you survived. I think we all want to know what happened.

Old 11-30-2006, 10:44 PM

well my brother and i were travelling home to see some friends last friday. 2 hours from home i was driving a little faster than i should of been, prolly about 125 km/h. i caught a little bit of gravel with my front passenger tire and my tires were so bawled (i was going home to get them changed) kinda ironic...but the tires were so balwed that it threw me across the 2 lane highway. i know i didnt over correct, i did not jerk it at all..some people said it was slippery out that night, but i didnt notice, so that is another factor. anyway my car did a 180 in the middle of highway and caught both the passneger tires on the gravel on the left side of the highway. i was knocked out with the first role and regained conciosness while in hospital. my brother who was with me tucked into the center console and he exited the vehicle withuoght any broken bones. only minor cuts and scrapes. He pulled me out of the monte and called 911. we should ov been dead and most likely would of been if we werent wearing our seatbelts. the police said we rolled a total of 4 times and finished on our roof. my brother was thoiught i was dead b/c of the huge amount of blood loss i sustained, the part that scares me is that he got me out of the car while i had a broken neck! he didnt know it at the time..but he coulnt leave me upside down untill the ambulance came. i woke up in hospital surrounded by my buddies so that was good..i was then transported to the health science center in winnipeg for treatment. (12 hours on a spinal board was hell!) saturday morning i recieved plastic surgery on my face to reconnect the muscels and tissues that conbtrol my forehead, couple stitches, couple CT scans and they determined that i was extremely lucky b/c even though i fractured my neck..i did not lose any feeling to my hands or feet. so now i can only rest for 6-8 weeks and let my neck heal. only a few days after the accident i was already loooking for a new monte..haha but that is the story about what happened

my buddy went to the impound lot to retreive all my stuff from the car, so he took a few pics of the wreck which i will post once i recieve them

Old 11-30-2006, 11:07 PM

Damn man...sorry to hear that. We are all very glad that you are ok though...could have been a lot worse huh? I have a sligth understanding of what you went through, because I rolled my Tahoe 3 times and didn't wake up til I was in a buddy's car being driven to the hospitol. We were so far behind the mountains an ambulance couldn't get there and the cell phone didn't work. But hey...again, I am glad that you are alright, and terribly sorry about the monte. Get better quick brother.

Old 12-01-2006, 10:29 AM
Monte Of The Month -- March 2007
5 Year Member

oh wow, very lucky your not paralyzed from breaking your neck

glad your ok though, and good to hear your passanger was ok too

Old 12-04-2006, 05:40 PM
rj
15 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Man that does suck.

Glad you're doing oak and your brother is fine.

I understand all TOO well about neck injuries. I got hit head on november 29, 00 after I left my morning job. This woman was out Christmas shopping and said she didn't see me. I was driving a bright red car. One I'd only had for 5 months. While waiting on the cops a full size Dodge pickup slams into the back of my car.

But I have bulging disks at C6, C7 in my neck. I'm in constant pain 24/7 and been on pain bills, nerve pills, a muscle relaxer, and a sleep aid for over 6 years now. Before I was so healthy my family doctor forgot who I was. I used to excerise every day. Did it for 20 years 7 days a week.

Then on septmeber 9, 04 I got rear ended on my way to work by a woman. This get's me a real cool ride to a second hospital in a helicopter where they cut my cloths off among other things and keep me for a few days.

Get better soon.

PS. I forgot the part about the cool neck brace I get to wear while I'm sleeping. It's a real chick magnet.

Old 12-04-2006, 08:25 PM

ya i am sporting a sleek neck brace which i have to wear 24/7 for the next 5 weeks or so. the ladies do love it tho (by ladies i mean my girlfriend) because she feels sorry for me so she makes my life a little easier whenever she can..haha

sounds like you've went thru quite a bit! sorry to hear it, but thanks for sharing

take er easy