General Monte Carlo Talk Talk about the Monte Carlo. Does not have to be your Monte. Can include pics and games.

0 to 60 MPH in 6.5 sec ?

Search this Thread

Old 02-15-2008, 04:26 AM
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member
Default 0 to 60 MPH in 6.5 sec ?

[align=center][align=center][align=center][/align][align=center]You can click more then one above[/align][/align][align=center]Multiple Selection on above [/align][align=center][:-]
Can your V-6 Monte Carlo beat the[/align][align=center]07/08 V-6 Mustang?[/align][align=center][/align][align=center]Chevrolet Monte Carlo[/align][align=center]vs
Ford Mustang coupe

[/align][/align][/align][align=center]______________________[/align][align=center][:-][/align][align=center]2007 Ford Mustang V-6 - Feature
First Place: The Quickest Cars of 2007: Less than $20,000[/align][align=center]Base Price: $19,995
0-to-60-mph time: 6.5 sec
Quarter-mile time: 15.3 sec @ 93 mph
[/align][align=center]Enthusiasts assume that drivers of V-6 Mustangs are dental hygienists and hair stylists plotting revenge on flaky ex-husbands. Call us sexists, but Ford will tell you the same: The majority of V-6 Mustangs get parked on the distaff side of the garage. [/align][align=center]Nowadays, however, the girly-car reputation is increasingly bogus, as the base Mustang's 4.0-liter SOHC V-6 demonstrates. It is an engine familiar to drivers of Explorers, Mountaineers, and Rangers—nothing wimpy about that—producing 240 lb-ft of torque as low as 3500 rpm. Step-off is, well, macho. Fitted with the five-speed manual, this Mustang posts an astounding 6.5-second dash to 60 mph, and even the automatic is only four 10ths behind. [/align][align=center]Thing is, the trip there is somewhat riotous. The shifter is stiff, and the V-6 becomes raucous north of 4000 rpm. By 5000 rpm, pieces of interior trim begin to buzz. At idle, at 70 mph, and at wide-open throttle, this Mustang makes way more racket than any of the five full-size pickup trucks in our April 2007 comparo. [/align][align=center]Perhaps catering to the femmes, Ford has lightened the steering, dialed out the traditional Mustang oversteer, and tuned the suspension for ride, not grip—0.81g on the skidpad, versus the Mustang GT's 0.89. You don't have to be Danica Patrick to notice the difference. Still, this V-6 pony offers decent fuel economy and a quintessentially American driving experience. [/align][align=center]VEHICLE TYPE: front-engine, rear-wheel-drive, 4-passenger, 2-door coupe [/align][align=center]BASE PRICE: $19,995 [/align][align=center]ENGINE TYPE: SOHC 16-valve V-6, iron block and aluminum heads, port fuel injection
Displacement: 245 cu in, 4009cc
Power (SAE net): 210 bhp @ 5300 rpm
Torque (SAE net): 240 lb-ft @ 3500 rpm [/align][align=center]TRANSMISSION: 5-speed manual [/align][align=center]DIMENSIONS:
Wheelbase: 107.1 in
Length: 187.6 in
Width: 73.9 in
Height: 55.4 in

Old 02-15-2008, 04:27 AM
Old 02-15-2008, 04:30 AM
Default RE: 0 to 60 MPH in 6.5 sec ?

[align=center][/align][align=center]POST YOUR COMMENTS BELOW[/align][align=center][/align][align=center][align=center]I found the below test of a 3.8 SuperCharged 240 HP Monte Carlo[/align][align=center][:-][/align][align=center]https://www.neodata.com/hfmus/cdri/print_subs.shtml][/URL][/align][align=center][/align][align=center]Obviously, the biggest upgrade is what lurks under the hood—a Supercharged version of GM’s 3800 Series II pushrod V-6, which makes 240 horsepower at 5200 rpm and 280 pound-feet of torque at 3600 and is paired with a beefier four-speed auto. Compared with the standard SS, that’s an upgrade of 40 horsepower and 55 pound-feet.[/align][align=center][/align][align=center]At the track, the Monte’s newfound power and chassis enhancements were evident.[/align][align=center][/align][align=center]We ripped off:[/align][align=center]0 to 60 mph in 6.5 seconds and the quarter-mile in 15.1 at 93 mph,[/align][align=center]2.1 and 1.5 seconds quicker, respectively, than the numbers put up by a standard SS 3.8[/align][align=center][/align][align=center][:-]Click below 4 Complete Test [:-][/align][align=center]http://www.caranddriver.com/shortroadtests/8212/chevrolet-monte-carlo-supercharged-ss.html[/align][align=center][/align][align=center][/align][align=center]"For the Love of Monte" [/align][align=center]Drive `Me[/align][align=center][/align][align=center][/align][/align][align=center]Thanks[/align][align=center][:-][/align]

Old 02-15-2008, 05:14 AM

[align=center]
2007 Ford Mustang Road Test[/align][align=center]V-6 & V-8
[/align][align=center][/align][align=center]Date Published: 1/23/08
[/align][align=center][/align][align=center][/align][align=center]
Consumer Guide® Road Test Ratings[/align][align=center][/align][align=center]Acceleration

Test V6 coupe did a brisk 6.9 sec 0-60 mph with automatic, but that transmission dulls passing response with reluctant downshifts. And V6 or V8, Mustang's automatic lacks a manual shift gate. GTs are fast--Ford says around 5.2 sec 0-60 with either transmission--but V8 feels a bit weak below 3000 rpm, needs manual transmission for best overall performance. GT500 strong at any speed, though not as brutally fast as other cars that claim 500 hp. Convertibles weigh some 175 lb more than like-equipped coupes, so are a bit slower. No opportunity yet to test Shelby GT. [/align][align=center][/align][align=center][:-][/align][align=center][/align][align=center]http://consumerguideauto.howstuffwor...-mustang-1.htm[/align][align=center][/align][align=center][/align][align=center][/align][align=center]
Chevrolet Monte Carlo[/align][align=center][/align][align=center][/align][align=center]
2006-2007 Chevrolet Monte Carlo Road Test [/align][align=center][/align][align=center]
Pros

Acceleration (SS)

Steering/handling (SS)

Consumer Guide® Road-Test Evaluation[/align][align=center][/align][align=center][:-]
In most respects, performance of the Monte Carlo is similar to that of an Impala with the same powertrain. Regardless of engine, Monte Carlos are peppy from a stop. The 3.5- and 3.9-liter V6s provide similar acceleration in around-town driving, but the 3.9 delivers better passing response in the 35-55 mph range. Chevrolet's V8 furnishes ample power at any speed. Ethanol-blended fuel, called E85, is increasingly available and can be less expensive than regular-grade gasoline, but mileage is reduced. E85 can be used in the 3.5-liter model. A test SS coupe averaged 17.2 mpg with abundant city driving, which is reasonably close to the EPA estimate. Chevrolet recommends regular-grade fuel for V6s, premium for V8s. Monte Carlo's 17-inch tires temper much of the unwanted motion, avoiding the float and wallow that plague Impalas with 16-inch tires. Little comfort penalty must be paid with the SS coupe, despite its sport suspension and 18-inch tires, though larger bumps are felt more readily in a Monte Carlo than an Impala. Expect stable handling, with well-balanced steering. The SS coupe has the sportiest moves, but no Monte Carlo feels truly agile. Stopping power is good, but Chevrolet should have made ABS standard on all models including the LS. Wind rush and tire roar both intrude somewhat-more than in Impala. In rapid acceleration, V6 engines emit a prominent growl. Subdued while cruising, V8s produce a "muscle car" rumble under throttle. As in Impalas, gauges are clearly marked and easy to read. Large radio/climate controls have easy-grip rubberized surfaces and operate smoothly. However, Monte Carlo climate controls are mounted too low for easy use, requiring a protracted look away from the road to adjust. Cabin materials are serviceable, but these models trail most like-priced imports for quality feel. Comfortable front seats offer adequate head and legroom. Decent visibility is compromised more than in Impala by thick rear pillars, sharply angled back window

Old 02-15-2008, 06:22 AM

Fallen to the Dark Side - Resident Ford Man
5 Year Member
3 Year Member1 Year Member

www.conceptcarz.com used to have a lot of quarter mile times... they had one for a Dodge Caravan stock at one time

Old 02-15-2008, 06:51 AM

ORIGINAL: Cowboy6622

www.conceptcarz.com used to have a lot of quarter mile times... they had one for a Dodge Caravan stock at one time
`Duane - Cowboy - LOL
Couldn't find a test on the06/07 SS V-8,onthe above site your posted.
Couldn't find a test on the Caravan -LOL- either : )
Thanks for try'in, Empty `Space

Old 02-15-2008, 08:36 AM

Mustangs going to need more power than that to catch me.

14.33 @ 96.25

Had a really bad traction issue and a horrible reaction time. .954 - I was messing with my helmet at the time because my glasses moved.

If everything goes well I'll be picking up some slicks today.

Old 02-15-2008, 09:17 AM

I don't care what the stats say about these cars I've raced 3 in my town and have smoked them everytime. 2 autos, 1 5speed. Got themby a3-4 lengths each time, the 5 speed one had Maggie catback, and intake and he was a pretty good driver and we took off, pulled away alittle in first then hit 2nd and never looked back. So if they run 15.3, my has to run somewhere aroundhigh 14 toreally low 15's

Old 02-15-2008, 09:38 AM

[align=center]Hi `Steven,[/align][align=center]I agree, the awesome LT3 -3900cc- 242+HPwill run in the[/align][align=center]mid to high 14's, and in the lowto mid 90'sMPH in a 1/4 mile.[/align][align=center]The LT3 was so powerful in the Monte Carlo, that they[/align][align=center]only offered it inthe 2006 Monte Carlo : )[/align][align=center](They are a rare Monte Carlo Option....4-Sure : )[/align][align=center]With a few mod's they should be able to break into the 13's[/align][align=center]and over 100 MPH : )[/align][align=center]You are lucky to have one.....4-Sure...EnJoy the Power[/align][align=center]`Space[/align]

Old 02-15-2008, 09:50 AM

Agree Space this LTZ can run and once I get my intake and exhaust and my PCM tuned from zzperformance after those mods, will see what this thing can really do.

Quick Reply: 0 to 60 MPH in 6.5 sec ?