General Monte Carlo Talk Talk about the Monte Carlo. Does not have to be your Monte. Can include pics and games.

~ Video of 06 SS by MotorWeek + more : )

Search this Thread

Old 06-21-2007, 12:00 PM
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member
Default ~ Video of 06 SS by MotorWeek + more : )

[align=center]*Notice, dial up connections takes some time to load : ([/align][align=center]I went & took a shower & cleaned my apt[/align][align=center]and it finally loaded on my ultra slow[/align][align=center]creep'in dial up connection [X(][/align][align=center]but it was worth it 2 me [/align][align=center][:-][/align][align=center]_____________________________[/align][align=center]Video of [/align][align=center][/align][align=center]
06 Chevrolet Monte Carlo SS[/align][align=center]Plus More[/align][align=center][/align][align=center][/align][align=center]The Test Monte SS is All Black, & looks[/align][align=center]awesome on the Track & Country Roads[/align][align=center]Quarter mile test & Road Course[/align][align=center]Oh, crank up your speakers[/align][align=center]and enjoy the sounds[/align][align=center]of the[/align][align=center]V-8[/align][align=center][/align][align=center]Click below Video for 06SS[/align][align=center][:-]
See Video [/align][align=center][/align][align=center][/align][align=center][/align][align=center][/align][align=center]
[/align][align=center]Members, post your thoughts/comments/video's.[/align][align=center]I know I wish I had one [/align][align=center]Thanks[/align][align=center][:-][/align][align=center]Your `Turn : )[/align][align=center][/align][align=center][/align][align=center]

[/align]

Old 06-21-2007, 01:34 PM
Default RE: ~ Video of 06 SS by MotorWeek + more : )

[align=center]I think the MotorWeek Times on both SS's are high [/align][align=center]and are about one second lower on other test sites.[/align][align=center]I think they need better drivers , but I also [/align][align=center]understand that their Test Cars are brand new[/align][align=center]and not broke it...From other test sites & reviews of[/align][align=center]drag times of both of the SS's tested, there[/align][align=center]is about one second less/lower in 0-60 times &[/align][align=center]1/4 mile times. I would love to be[/align][align=center]a test pilot for new vehicles : )[/align][align=center]What did you think ?[/align][align=center]- Post it -[/align][align=center]Thanks[/align]

Old 06-21-2007, 01:36 PM

Great video.It seeems every time I catch that program they are showing some foreign sedan or SUV.Good find!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 06-21-2007, 05:37 PM
rj
15 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Cool. Wish I could have caught this episode when it first aired.

Thanks for posting the link for us.

Old 06-21-2007, 06:10 PM

Monte Of The Month -- February 2008

Interesting!

Never have see a Malubu Maxx SS around here.

Old 06-21-2007, 08:06 PM

I actually test drove a malibu maxx SS, it scoots. But the monte with the 3.9 still feels stronger i dunno why maybe i just like them better. Great video Space.

Old 06-22-2007, 02:45 PM

ORIGINAL: 06LT3

I actually test drove a malibu maxx SS, it scoots. But the monte with the 3.9 still feels stronger i dunno why maybe i just like them better. Great video Space.
Yeah, I thought 0-60 in 7.5 seconds seemed a little sluggish.

Old 06-22-2007, 02:45 PM

Old 06-22-2007, 07:27 PM

But look at the Intake, maybe they will make intake kits for the MAXX SS whcih could adapt to our 3.9??

[IMG]local://upfiles/2668/24DF324C5F52472880F946680EEEE8D9.jpg[/IMG]

Old 06-23-2007, 08:28 AM

ORIGINAL: SolaraSlayer

GP `Dave, One of my Beach Bum friend has an uncle that has a Malibu Max SS
and his time at
[align=center]
Drag Times[/align][align=center]1/4 Mile ET:
1/4 Mile MPH:
Car Make:
Chevrolet
Car Model:
MAX SS
Car Type:
3.9 SS[/align][align=center]Car Year:
2006[/align][align=center]Driver: [/align][align=center]Michael Dodd[/align][align=center]I think MotorWeek has brand new cars that the engine isn't[/align][align=center]broken in & they most likely ran the AC & didn't turn `off the TC[/align][align=center]and maybe they just got a bad one. I will check for a road test[/align][align=center]report from other sources.[/align][align=center]I think the Driver Skill is way important in Rac'in.[/align][align=center]Two different drivers, two different times : )[/align][align=center]Peace[/align]

Quick Reply: ~ Video of 06 SS by MotorWeek + more : )