General Monte Carlo Talk Talk about the Monte Carlo. Does not have to be your Monte. Can include pics and games.
View Poll Results: How do you feel about your Monte Carlo ?
It's just a ride from point A to B : (
0%
I `Like my Monte Carlo
11.32%
I `Love my Monte Carlo : )
28.30%
I really, really Love My Monte Carlo 4-Sure
58.49%
I don't care..I don't have feelings : (
1.89%
Voters: 53. You may not vote on this poll

~ Monte Feelings ~ ?

Search this Thread

Old 03-16-2011, 11:14 AM

Monte Of The Month -- January 2011
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

This will sound crazy, and all, but the bond between me and my monte is indescribable...I absolutely Love my monte more then anything, I did so from the first day, yes there have been frustraitions/break downs and set backs, but the smile it puts on my face when I'm cruising in it, or just cleaning it, or sitting on my stoop looking at it is priceless...it is an extention of me.

This is evident in the fact that it stays in the garage while the GTO sits outside...even on rainy days the GTO is the car of choice...I do not know why I do not have the same bond with the GTO as I do my Monte, nor do I know if I will ever have this bond with another car again, but with that, I know the monte is not going anywhere, I will have it for life...and then worry about where it goes after....

Joe

Old 03-16-2011, 01:45 PM

Monte Of The Month -- March 2013

I love it so much everyone else thinks i'm crazy, well except for you guys and gals.

Old 03-16-2011, 03:57 PM

Monte Of The Month -- June 2010

Let's just say people think I have a serious problem lol

Old 03-16-2011, 04:31 PM

Originally Posted by SpinEm_90
Let's just say people think I have a serious problem lol

LOL `Brittany, thanks 4 your post ~> LOL ..That's was really funny 2 me, but I understand & can relate...The Bum's use to say that I had a serious problem with the way that I was obsessed with the cars I've own : )

"Some people, just don't understand" I don't think they know what `love is LOL "

I think `if people think U have a serious problem, just tell them they do 2 for not understanding what they are missing : )

* I really like every-one's reason, but Joe's was Great & I've done the same thing with my car...I would clean it and then just sit and admire `it.....I worked hard 4 my rides, and would sit in amazement thinking to myself "It's MINE"....I cried when I had 2 sell..., but I'd have another in time...
Peace/Happiness 2 the readers.

Old 03-16-2011, 09:49 PM

Monte Of The Month -- June 2010

Originally Posted by lougreen03
I love it so much everyone else thinks i'm crazy, well except for you guys and gals.
No we think you are crazy too

Originally Posted by KidSpace

LOL `Brittany, thanks 4 your post ~> LOL ..That's was really funny 2 me, but I understand & can relate...The Bum's use to say that I had a serious problem with the way that I was obsessed with the cars I've own : )

"Some people, just don't understand" I don't think they know what `love is LOL "

I think `if people think U have a serious problem, just tell them they do 2 for not understanding what they are missing : )

* I really like every-one's reason, but Joe's was Great & I've done the same thing with my car...I would clean it and then just sit and admire `it.....I worked hard 4 my rides, and would sit in amazement thinking to myself "It's MINE"....I cried when I had 2 sell..., but I'd have another in time...
Peace/Happiness 2 the readers.
lol well I'm glad you found it funny 'Space. Yeah Joe's post made me think of my relationship with my monte but I didn't wanna sound insane so I didn't wanna say what was really on my mind lol

Old 03-16-2011, 09:51 PM
Default ditto......

Like what everyone else is saying. I love mine as well. It's fun to drive. I have received several compliments and it's just a pleasure to own a piece of classic Americana.
I've said this before : I'll be at a car show when a child with his/her parent will see my car and say....." Look, a Race Car ! " Neat.

Old 03-16-2011, 10:10 PM
Monte Of The Month -- July 2011
Monte Of The Month -- December 2016
10 Year Member

I love mine ......

Old 03-16-2011, 11:04 PM

I stole "my" '03 Monte SS from the wife when it got to 190k miles or so and we got her a new Impala LT. After swapping in the L67/4T65e-HD at 197k miles and doing some suspension work recently, it's not bad for a car that just turned 209k on the odo. I was never a huge fan - it never really fit me right - but it's definitely grown on me. I'm looking forward to doing some intake/exhaust work and maybe some additional suspension work on it this year. I bet I can get that odo to say 300k, that is if I can keep some of the electrical demons at bay a while longer.

Old 03-17-2011, 07:26 AM

Monte Of The Month -- January 2011

Originally Posted by SpinEm_90
Yeah Joe's post made me think of my relationship with my monte but I didn't wanna sound insane so I didn't wanna say what was really on my mind lol
So your trying to say I sound insane? I see how it is...lol...

Joe