General Monte Carlo Talk Talk about the Monte Carlo. Does not have to be your Monte. Can include pics and games.

~ 460 HP V8 95 Monte Carlo ~

Old 04-21-2007, 11:55 AM
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member
Default ~ 460 HP V8 95 Monte Carlo ~

Exclusive: Chevy’s 460HP V8 Monte Carlo
[align=center][/align][align=center][/align]
[/align]
Mad Dr. Moss is at it again. Like the storied Dr. Frankenstein, Jon Moss has created another monster. But unlike in the novel, this factory hot rod is no experiment gone bad. While HOT ROD has featured mad-man Moss’ engineering creations in the past, this Monte Carlo is a bit different. There’s a real chance a version of this car could end up as an honest production piece, following a similar path as the Impala SS that first saw the light of day at the SEMA show a few years ago. Moss calls this car “the Monte Carlo Pro Street.”
When talk turns to performance cars, all rodders make a basic assumption: Real performance cars spin the rear tires, while only pretenders fool around at the front. This is a point that’s not up for debate. It’s accepted fact. Front-wheel drivers have never been able to compete with rear-wheel drivers (RWD). While the new Monte Carlo has made a serious impact on NASCAR Winston Cup racing in its inaugural year, the Monte’s street statement falls seriously short of carrying the Bow-Tie banner, with little more chutzpa than a front-drive V6. Until now.
Moss and his band of “imagineers” decided to inject some “correct-wheel-drive” testosterone into the Monte to pump up its muscle. But it’s more than just another flight-of-fancy concept car. The rumor is that while the green car struts its stuff, there is another RWD V8 Monte skulking outside GM corporate offices that has the potential to be a true production car.
Obviously, we at HOT ROD feel this is a car whose time has come. We believe so strongly in a RWD V8 Monte that we have included a reader ballot with this story to allow you to make your voice heard concerning this car. If you think this Monte should be built, take the time to fill out the ballot and send it to us. We’ll tabulate and publish the results in a future issue, and we’ll make sure that Chevrolet knows about it. Do it as soon as you finish reading this story.
The construction of the Monte Carlo Pro Street was no simple bolt-it-in-and-go operation. Moss and his band began with a production ’95 Monte and immediately ripped the entire floorpan out of the car, replacing it with a ’95 Camaro F-car floorpan. This required lengthening the Monte’s wheelbase by 3 inches, while also spreading the Monte’s ribcage by adding 4 inches to the track width. This modification necessitated bulged front and rear fenders that give the Monte a menacing look.
The F-car floorpan also tucks the engine under the cowl for better weight distribution while utilizing ’95 F-car upper and lower control arms, production rack-and-pinion steering and modified spindles mounting Wilwood calipers and Corvette 13-inch rotors. The front F-car framerails were adapted to the Monte’s front fascia and radiator support, while a special 3x3x.083-inch frame section was constructed utilizing F-car suspension pickup points for the rear suspension. A single-hoop rollbar was also fabricated to reinforce the chassis and the B-pillar area.

With a solid foundation, the real fun began with the buildup of a killer engine and drivetrain[b] to give this Monte the brawn to back up its new image. This Monte demands a stout motor, but a big-block was too heavy to consider, so an all-aluminum 406-inch small-block got the nod while simultaneously improving the Monte’s weight distribution. The block is a Chevy Motorsports aluminum 4.125-inch-

Old 04-21-2007, 09:50 PM
Default RE: ~ 460 HP V8 95 Monte Carlo ~

that is SWEET

imagine the people you could fool when you do a burnout and the rear wheels are the ones burning rubber!

Old 04-21-2007, 09:58 PM

Object in mirror appears to be gaining fast........

[hr]
Yellow Monte, I thought the same thing : ) It's a Sleeper : )

Old 04-22-2007, 03:45 AM

I don't like it considering it's the old body style.

Old 04-22-2007, 10:12 AM

[align=center]
ORIGINAL: cain45

[/align][align=center]Thanks `James for letting the MCF members know that you don't like it[:@][/align][align=center]Congrat's on being in the 600 + post club and sharing you opinions.[/align][align=center]Please post some pictures of your LTZ : )[/align][align=center][/align][align=center]Super Member

Status: offline [/align][align=center]Thank You[/align][align=center][/align][align=center] [/align]

Old 04-22-2007, 09:51 PM

ORIGINAL: cain45

I sure wish there was a conversion for the 6th gens. I'd love to turn my Intimidator into RWD... True NASCAR style!

Old 04-26-2007, 12:04 AM

I myself like it. It would sure be fun to drive.

Old 04-26-2007, 03:30 PM
rj
15 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

It's nice and all. And I'm glad to see someone did a RWD conversion to a late model Monte.

But I too wish it had been done to a '00-07 Monte.

Old 04-26-2007, 10:59 PM

Yeah, I can see it in the car's track width! the rear fender looks funny. Plus, you can easily tell by looking at the wheels, no FWD car has backspacing like that!

Old 06-23-2007, 03:07 PM

thanks for the idea mua hahahahahahahaha

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: ~ 460 HP V8 95 Monte Carlo ~