General Monte Carlo Talk Talk about the Monte Carlo. Does not have to be your Monte. Can include pics and games.

[HELP] Need Cheap Modification Suggestions

Search this Thread

Old 07-10-2011, 12:53 PM
Default [HELP] Need Cheap Modification Suggestions

Hello, I have a silver 2003 Monte Carlo SS. I'm only 16 and this is my first car. I only make about $300 dollars a week which I usually spend on gas and my girlfriend. Right now I'm just starting out small, like today I'm going to paint my brake calipers red. But I'd eventually like a better preforming and eye popping ride. I plan on saving about $1000-$1500 by the end of the summer just for my car. I also do not know much about cars. I have a basic understanding of them, but nothing to great. So what I'm asking of you guys is to give me some modification suggestions and also explain what they do/how they work. Not only do I want to have a nicer looking and preforming car, but I also want to know more about cars. Thanks guys.

Here's some pics of it:

Last edited by Grounded; 07-10-2011 at 01:09 PM.
Old 07-10-2011, 01:00 PM
Monte Of The Month -- August 2011
Monte Of The Month -- April 2014
5 Year Member
3 Year Member1 Year Member

Grounded,

A pic of you car would help others make suggestions when you can post it. My first mod was the pin stripe. It is cheap and is a noticable mod. A K&N air intake (or simalar brand) will run you about 2 hundred $ depending on where you get it and make a noticable improvement in performance and I noteced even a beter sound on acceleration. Check out my Garage or Car domain site. Also how much money for your 1st mod is in your budget? Paining the calipers is fun and easy just take your time masking off the rotors and sunroundiing areas if you ar using the spray type of ceramic paint.

Welcome to the site and have fun with modding your Monte

Last edited by Tadcaster; 07-10-2011 at 01:03 PM.
Old 07-10-2011, 01:12 PM

Originally Posted by Tadcaster
Grounded,

A pic of you car would help others make suggestions when you can post it. My first mod was the pin stripe. It is cheap and is a noticable mod. A K&N air intake (or simalar brand) will run you about 2 hundred $ depending on where you get it and make a noticable improvement in performance and I noteced even a beter sound on acceleration. Check out my Garage or Car domain site. Also how much money for your 1st mod is in your budget? Paining the calipers is fun and easy just take your time masking off the rotors and sunroundiing areas if you ar using the spray type of ceramic paint.

Welcome to the site and have fun with modding your Monte
Thank you very much for your advice. I updated the original post with pictures. I will definitely take a look into the K&N air intake. And well I'd probably save up about $1000-$1500 but if there's something in the $100 range then I can probably buy it right now otherwise I'd have to wait for the end of the summer when I have to quit my job.

Old 07-10-2011, 01:13 PM
Monte Of The Month -- October 2011
Monte Of The Month -- July 2014
RED DEVIL
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

your car would look good with tinted windows

Old 07-10-2011, 01:15 PM

Originally Posted by xxtheshockerxx
your car would look good with tinted windows
Yes, I was thinking about that. I am probably going to do that. However I do understand that it'll run me about $250-$300 and the legal tint in Illinois is only 35% so I don't know how good that would look on it.

Old 07-10-2011, 01:57 PM
Monte Of The Month -- October 2011
Monte Of The Month -- July 2014
RED DEVIL

35% even on the back windows? in iowa we can have whatever on the back windows but the fronts cant really have any tint on the or you will get stopped

Old 07-10-2011, 02:27 PM

wow in Texas 35% on the front 2 and limo anywhere else. Hope all goes well for you youngsta its going to be hard having 2 GF's ! Lol

Old 07-10-2011, 03:47 PM
THE JUDGE
Monte Of The Month -- November 2015
Monte Of The Month -- March 2012
10 Year Member

I thought in IL you can go as dark as you want on the back and rear side windows?

Old 07-10-2011, 04:25 PM
Monte Of The Month -- August 2011
Monte Of The Month -- April 2014
5 Year Member
3 Year Member1 Year Member

Originally Posted by Grounded
Thank you very much for your advice. I updated the original post with pictures. I will definitely take a look into the K&N air intake. And well I'd probably save up about $1000-$1500 but if there's something in the $100 range then I can probably buy it right now otherwise I'd have to wait for the end of the summer when I have to quit my job.
If your budget for right now is $100 then I would do the calipers as you planed and some pin stripe accents. I did mine myself (I have had 35 some years of doing it on my cars since I was a kid) Look around see what pin stripe designs you like and TAKE YOUR TIME!

Make sure the car is clean and not recently waxed before you apply it. I use a micro cloth to gently push out any air bubles as I lay the stripe down. The color is just a matter of preference. On silver my fav is black.

I followed the fender indentations that montes have for my pin strip (just a suggestion) you got to do your own thing.

Head lamps are another point to mod but they are out of your $100 limit right now.

Old 07-10-2011, 05:05 PM

Monte Of The Month -- March 2013

nice car, as far as mods go here's some good reading material and may help you plan a direction.https://montecarloforum.com/forum/he...n-3800s-10942/

Quick Reply: [HELP] Need Cheap Modification Suggestions