General Monte Carlo Talk Talk about the Monte Carlo. Does not have to be your Monte. Can include pics and games.

* Why did you buy a Monte Carlo ?

Search this Thread

Old 05-31-2012, 08:41 AM

Monte Of The Month -- February 2013
5 Year Member
3 Year Member1 Year Member

I bought mine out of necessity:

After my wreck in 1997 and all the rehab..I needed something I could easily get in and out of...

Being an above knee amputee leaves a lot to be desired...A Van wasnt practical, a pickup was a little difficult to get in and out of...i looked a buicks and fords....

But the Montes doors seem to open wide enough for me to easily get in and out of....

So, I figured if im gonna get a Monte Why not get the performance model? (Z-34)
Lumina wasnt my cup of tea...

So since the Monte Was the popular style in NASCAR.....I went for it and ordered it with all the Bells and Whistles......Includeing a sound system Body Kit etc....

And since I am a diehard Chevy Fan it seemed to be the Likely Choice...
13 yrs later and im still very happy with it....

Did i Happen to mention it now has 164,000 miles on it and still runs,rides, and drives like new!

Thats why I bought Mine.....

Old 05-31-2012, 08:45 AM
Taz

Monte Of The Month -- March 2014
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Originally Posted by Space

Why did you buy a Chevrolet Monte Carlo ?
=============================================
We's had this question before, but we now have many new member's...Please post how you got your Monte ?
Why did you choose a Monte Carlo ?
What do you like about your Monte Carlo ?
What don't you like ?
The voices in my head told me to.

Basically, I got tired of the constant engine problems with my previous car. And saw this Monte sitting on a dealership lot. Thought the stripes looked cool, and really liked the idea of having a supercharged engine (never had one before).

The only thing I don't like about my Monte, is I wish it had the V8 LS4 engine that the 2006 & 2007 Monte's have. I know people have modded their 3.8 to get 300 hp, like the LS4's have. But just something about the sound of a V8 engine that doesn't compare with the sound coming out of a V6. Other than that, I like my Monte.

Old 06-01-2012, 02:07 AM

I bought mine because it was so cheap, $500. And it was an 02 Dale Earnhardt! I love Dale Earnhardt.

Old 06-01-2012, 06:03 AM
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Originally Posted by FlamehedCFH
I bought mine because it was so cheap, $500. And it was an 02 Dale Earnhardt! I love Dale Earnhardt.
I'd love him 2 `if I could buy a D.E. 02 for $500 WoW

Thanks Member's for your posts & contributions to the MCF & posting why you bought your Monte Carlo

Old 06-01-2012, 06:06 AM

Can't spell PIMP without an MP
Monte Of The Month -- November 2010
2010 Monte Of The Year

Because I wanted the best value for my money... and the Lincoln LS V8 that I was looking at smelled like cat pee.

Old 06-03-2012, 02:17 PM

Monte Of The Month -- January 2010
10 Year Member

I bought mine because I fell in love with the looks of a black SS on the show room floor at the Chevy dealer (I had gone to look at buying a used Cobalt). The sales rep mentioned he had a brand new V6 (i was concerned about MPG) Monte in the back, that he thought I might like. It was a 2006 and this was in June of 2007. It was brand new, never purchased, less that 100 miles on it. I test drove it, and went back the next day to buy it. I LOVE my Monte!

Old 06-03-2012, 05:44 PM

Wanted a quick coupe that was a v6 and I could fit in. Monte was really my only option. Most other v6 at the years I could afford were weak motors that didn't even have 200 hp. the supercharged monte has almost the same hp in a v6 that the mustang gt for the same year.

Old 06-03-2012, 08:53 PM

Long story short, when I was younger I'd seen a brand new blue SS out front of NAPA and fell in love with the body style and everything about it. As time went on they'd faded in my memory due to living where mainly Eclipses Grand Am GTs and Grand Prix GTs were the popular thing to drive. Anyway when I'd come into some money from child support backpayments I went out and bought and 03 Grand Am GT and loved it. Interest shifted when I got older and I traded it for a 86 Camaro Iroc Z. Well the motor and exhaust were going abd and then I noticed some paint flaws that I really didn't wanna fix. Well while I had it for sale my buddy had bought a 2000 Monte Carlo SS and gave me a ride in it. My childhood memory sunk in and I was instantly reunited with my love of that generation Monte carlo (6th gen) so I did everything I could to try and sell the car and get an SS but settled for my first ever Monte by trading the Camaro to a guy who basically traded and traded cars until he got something he liked. I ended up with a 2004 Monte Carlo LS (prior Salvage title) which I'd had my mechanic look over and give me an opinion on. Anyway I loved the car with its 75k miles and its body lines but I knew I still loved and wanted an SS. Anyway my grandparents had went on a motorcyle ride and founda black and silver monte along the road for sale. I went out and to my suprise it was a 05 Supercharged SS with 77k which needed tires and o2 sensor and a cat. We drove it and also found out it needed rotors so we worked the price down to $5,600 and got it. The guy used it for a downpayment on his current 2011 Chevy 1500 and I got a beautiful monte which I love for a good price.

Old 06-04-2012, 11:21 AM
Default < Thanks >

Thanks Member's for your posts & contributions.

I've enjoyed reading your stories about why you purchased a Monte Carlo...You all must be very intelligent human beings 4-Sure...

I believe the Monte Carlo is a great investment, and all generations offer the owner(s)/driver(s) a lot for there $'s 4-Sure

Old 06-04-2012, 11:28 AM

Monte Of The Month -- February 2013
5 Year Member
3 Year Member1 Year Member

Your Welcome Space!

Quick Reply: * Why did you buy a Monte Carlo ?