General Monte Carlo Talk Talk about the Monte Carlo. Does not have to be your Monte. Can include pics and games.

* What type of Gas are you feeding your Monte ?

Search this Thread

Old 07-11-2007, 08:52 AM
Default RE: * What type of Gas are you feeding your Monte ?

$3.59 here for Mobil 93... $7.69 for the CAM2 100 octane...

Old 07-11-2007, 10:21 AM
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

[align=center][/align][align=center]I just heard on CNN Radio that the price of Gas in August[/align][align=center]will again be over $3.07 a gallon : ( [X(][X(][/align][align=center]Doesany member have any information on this ?[/align][align=center]
G A SP R I C E S
Lowest Price:
$2.20

TALLULAH, LA

Highest Price:
$3.90
KAUNAKAKAI, HI

[/align]

Old 07-11-2007, 12:07 PM
rj
15 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

People who own gasoline in this country are A-#1 crooks.

For regular our gas was $2.89. Today it's $3.19.

Old 07-11-2007, 01:03 PM

[align=center][/align][align=center][:-]
Spending is hotter than the 4th of July
By Marco R. della Cava, USA TODAY,[/align]
USA Today
[align=center][/align]
Posted: 2007-07-03 07:08:06
[align=center][/align]

Gas prices make fill-ups miserable[X(]. Personal debt is climbing. [X(]The mighty euro is sapping the dollar's purchasing power.[X(] And yet many Americans are spending as if happy days were here again.

"There's no way the cost of fuel or anything else is going to stop us from enjoying life," says Cam Colon, 68, who runs a contractor licensing business in Tampa. He's cruising the East Coast with his wife, Rita, in their $600,000 recreational vehicle, which costs about $550 to top off at the pump. "This isn't a dress rehearsal for life - this is it. We're curtailing nothing."

He's got company. The semi-retired Colon is just part of a nation of spenders who plan to roll through summer in a fierce pursuit of happiness at any cost.

Many will hit the road in cavernous comfort. After a temporary fuel-price-induced dip, SUV sales rose nearly 6% in the first three months of 2007. And the bigger the SUV, the hotter the sales, according to Edmunds.com, an automotive research website.

Leisure travel is expected to increase over last year. Travel Industry Association research indicates it would take gasoline hitting $3.50 a gallon for regular unleaded to force consumers to radically alter travel plans. Meanwhile, the European Travel Commission expects no letup of visitors from the USA.
[align=center][/align]
Click below for complete story
[align=center][/align][/align][/align][/align]

Old 07-11-2007, 05:05 PM

In-the-Octane-Know
How to tame the octane octopus

by M Bumbeck

Every time gas prices creep higher, you might find yourself wondering if you really need to pay the extra change for the upgrade to premium or super duper grade gasoline.
[center]The answer to that question is no. Unless you're driving one of the very small percentages of performance vehicles with an engine designed specifically to utilize the properties of higher-octane premium gasoline, there is no performance gain in using premium. It might make you feel better, but your engine won't know the difference.
For the most part, vehicles made after 1985 or so should run just fine on regular 87-octane gasoline. The good majority of engines out on the road today have relatively low compression ratios, and are well suited to use with regular gasoline. There are of course exceptions to every rule: if you're out on the street running a high-compression engine in a racecar disguised as a grocery getter, then you know who you are and know what you need. Understanding what octane is and why there are different grades of gasoline begins with a simplified version of engine operation and straight chain hydrocarbons.
Knock. Ping. Detonate. [/align]In a four-stroke engine, the pistons are doing one of four things: taking in a breath of fuel and air into the cylinder through the intake valve, compressing the air and fuel mixture for a spark induced burn, turning the energy created by that burn into a downward power stroke, or expelling that same burnt up mixture out an open exhaust valve on the upstroke. When a piston travels up in the cylinder it reaches the point called top dead center. At this point the piston can travel up no more and, by virtue of being connected to an ever-spinning crankshaft via a connecting rod, must travel back down the cylinder again. For peak efficiency the compressed fuel should start to burn only an instant after the piston reaches top dead center on the compression stroke and the spark lights the mixture.
[/align]Even more importantly the fuel-air mixture must burn in an even flame front originating from the spark created by the spark plug. If the fuel-air mixture ignites on its own before it is sparked, this out-of-time explosion produces an audible knock that makes your engine suddenly sound like a clothes dryer full of rocks. What's happening is that an explosion is occurring out of time and ahead of the burning mixture created by the spark. Instead of one even burn propelling the piston back down the cylinder to make power, two out-of-time-explosions are competing against each other. The sound this competition creates is known as knocking, pinging, or detonation and is unfortunately the sound of engine damage!
[/align]Detonation is extremely tough on pistons, valves, connecting rods, bearings, and cylinder walls. If your vehicle is not one of the high performance few, but knocks away anyway when you hit the gas after pouring the 87 octane in the tank, then there are more nefarious causes at work under your hood.
Hexane, Heptane, Octane, Flame [/align]From the sludge that is crude oil, straight chain hydrocarbons are refined and lined up in a row to put the tiger in your tank. The greater number of molecules in the chain, the more resistant to compression-induced ignition the fuel is. Octane has eight molecules in the chain like an Octopus has eight legs. The real difference between 87-octane regular gasoline and 91-octane premium is the rate at which it burns when compressed and ignited while inside your engine.
[/align][b]The compres

Old 07-11-2007, 10:27 PM

I use Premium. On a trip up to Olympia, Washington I averaged 12.9 MPG cruising between 60 and 80 mph. 350-horse 350 V8, 4-barrel Holley, 3-speed Turbo 350 and 3.73 gears. In the trunk I had my bumper jack, lug wrench, full size spare, and large tool box. In the passenger compartment me and my girlfriend as well as a 12 pack of pepsi. I filled up two days prior at the station I work at (Fred Meyer) for $3.089/gal then I filled up for $3.289/gal at a Shell station in Washington when I was coming back to Portland. I then re-filled my tank on Monday for $3.089/gal. I averaged 13.3 MPG on that tank. That's probably 90% highway driving.

Old 07-12-2007, 12:13 AM

Gabe, East Central Iowa. I work in Anamosa, and that's where I got the 91 at 2.989, 93 was 3.089 and regular89was 2.889. (all ethanol blend)

Anywhere else you go 91 octane is 3.249!

Old 07-12-2007, 10:41 AM

I can't remember how to determine how much gas I get per gallon. But all I can say is I use regular unleaded. And it runs fun. But depending on my driving and I went 194 miles before filling up again.

Old 07-12-2007, 10:44 AM
THE JUDGE
Monte Of The Month -- November 2015
Monte Of The Month -- March 2012
10 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

87 oct and usually Shell sometimes Marathon and BP

Old 07-12-2007, 10:46 AM

[align=center]The Gas Game[/align][align=center][/align][align=center]

Check out the Forum!

Now added- The Gas Game Forum!
Have a question you’d like answered? Want to vent over high gasoline prices? Care to share how you found TheGasGame.com?
Please give us some input or ask a question!
Find the forum by clicking the “Forum” button under the logo.