General Monte Carlo Talk Talk about the Monte Carlo. Does not have to be your Monte. Can include pics and games.

"SS" Headrests in a Monte Carlo?

Search this Thread

Old 01-02-2007, 05:47 PM
Default "SS" Headrests in a Monte Carlo?

Has anyone thought about adding "SS" headrests from a 06/07 "SS" Impala into their 06/07 Monte? I think that would be an awesome upgrade!

Jason

Old 01-02-2007, 05:53 PM
Default RE: "SS" Headrests in a Monte Carlo?

I agree, I think the embroiderd jobs look super, a real nice classytouch for the SS models.Really sets the car apart from the other models. Don't know why the Impala has them and the Monte doesn't. IMHO the Monte deserves them more so than the Impala.

If you were to add them, I guess you would have to buy a set from the Stealership. I'd hate to see what that would cost. (But I would like to know if anyone can find out)

Old 01-02-2007, 05:56 PM

I called about 6 months ago to see if they were available and they were, but only in the "grey" colour and were not available in Ebony yet, I remember when I called before they were like 160 a piece Canadian, so obviously a little cheaper for those down south.

I almsot get cost at the dealership, so we will see what I can get them for now, and hopefully they are available in black this time.

I suppose cain you wont like this mod either... LOL

Jason

Old 01-02-2007, 06:47 PM
Monte Of The Month -- March 2007
5 Year Member

yah, that would be a pretty nice addition the car, only bad thing is the cost, but it would still look good

Old 01-02-2007, 07:03 PM
THE JUDGE
Monte Of The Month -- November 2015
Monte Of The Month -- March 2012
10 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

There's gotta be after market places that do that. I think if you can remove your head rest you can send it away to get it emroidered somewhere.

Old 01-02-2007, 07:26 PM
5 Year Member

yes, unless you find someone really friendly that does that, they're usually too busy to have the time of day for that or they rip you off big time, i priced out something like that for my dakota when i had it, and he wanted 500 bucks to have the dodge logos' embroidered into the headreasts... i said ok no thanks

Old 01-02-2007, 07:42 PM

Ok
I just got home from work, Cost is $140 Canadian per side for leather embroidered headrests. Not bad I dont think. I ordered 2 of them. To get them custom stiched would cost a forture, almost the same as buying 2 new..

Lansing has 36 ebony in stock, well, 34 now!

Jason

Old 01-02-2007, 07:45 PM
5 Year Member

oh you gotta get pics when they're in should look really good

Old 01-02-2007, 08:56 PM

yeah, but what about the seatbelt guide that is on the Monte headrest?? the impala's don't have it... or does that piece come off and you can put it on the impala headrest??

it'd be interesting to find out, since I've wanted to do this since 2005 when I got my monte... I said all the same things that were mentioned here - "why on a 4-door family sedan, and not the Monte??!!" "why aren't they even offered on the monte??!!" LOL

and back then when I asked about getting them, there was no black, and they were $140 each U.S.

Old 01-02-2007, 09:16 PM

Yeah I thought about the headrest guides, they are actually 1 piece attached into the monte headrest ,so you cant swap them over. But I dont really care about them, I think it will look amazing and have a cleaner look with just the SS headrests...

Quick Reply: "SS" Headrests in a Monte Carlo?