General Monte Carlo Talk Talk about the Monte Carlo. Does not have to be your Monte. Can include pics and games.

"Conveyance fee" ???

Search this Thread

Old 11-10-2005, 03:12 AM
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member
Default "Conveyance fee" ???

What is this so-called "conveyance fee" for real - document prep?? $300 for that??

A dealer I visited charges $300 for a "conveyance fee" - PLUS - adds it to the sticker price of the vehicle BEFORE figuring out the state sales tax on the vehicle.

Is this legit?? $300 seems kinda steep - and to add it to the vehicle price BEFORE figuring out state sales tax on the vehicle doesn't seem right either... why should I have to pay sales tax on their fee???

Seems like something I shouldn't have to pay for... doing paperwork is part of their job and something they already get paid for...

anyone else ever run into this, or have any ideas/input?

thanks!

>>>> EDIT: found info on cars.com for it...

"doc or conveyance fee: This stands for documentation fee, purportedly to cover the cost of paperwork..."

http://www.cars.com/carsapp/national..._deal_yet.tmpl

so, it still sounds like something I shouldn't have to pay them to do, since it's part of their job and they already get paid to do it... interesting...

Old 11-10-2005, 08:39 PM
Default RE: "Conveyance fee" ???

ya dude dealers will make up anything with fee at the end of their sentence to rip you off,sorry that happened to you. their like some cops,if you dont know your rights then theyll take advantage of you. they tried to get me with my warranty talkin bout they cant diagnos my car cuz of my aftermarket exhaust, i told them prove to me that thats what caused the problem , and then ill pay the 97 dollars they tried to get off me, yea they felt pretty dumb when the management was backing me up, not to mention, and these were his exact words..."its his job to get the most money out of you" yea so watch it guys.