Engine/Transmission/Performance Adders Chat about your engine, transmission, nitrous, superchargers, turbos, and tuning.

ZZP oversized radiator

Search this Thread

Old 04-22-2011, 10:55 AM
Default ZZP oversized radiator

ZZP does not kno what can be done to make their radiator fit on a Monte Carlo
According to their site it specifally states in red " does not fit in ANY year Monte carlo" it has been done. They have cars listed in their members page running their rad on a Monte Carlo. Any leads would be greatly appreciated. ZZP referred me here so I'm hoping someone has some info

Old 04-22-2011, 11:24 AM
Monte Of The Month -- March 2011
5 Year Member
3 Year Member1 Year Member

That's strange. I'm not sure why it wouldn't fit any Monte, especially a 6th Monte (since they're just about the same car as a GP).

I'm curious though, why do you want an oversized radiator? I'm still rocking my stock one and am doing fine.

Old 04-25-2011, 04:21 PM

Originally Posted by zipper
That's strange. I'm not sure why it wouldn't fit any Monte, especially a 6th Monte (since they're just about the same car as a GP).

I'm curious though, why do you want an oversized radiator? I'm still rocking my stock one and am doing fine.
Yea. They said they mainly deal with grand prixs. Found a guy in Ohio that made it fit and knew why it wont fit "directly" in the montes or even impalas. Grand prix has a different rad mounting bracket and the fans wont bold to the rad cause they have different mounts. Imp/Monte are bolted and grand prix uses clips for the fan to be held against the rad... After reading a few more forums on another site people have been using the oversized rad made from spectre that Was made for a 99 body style Monte carlo. 1 1/4" thick core. It'll fit as long as the lower hose from a 99 is used from what I've read. I guess I'll find out soon.. The reason I want an oversized rad is because I cracked the oem due to bad cap. And I'm willing to pay an extra 50-60$ to get something better then oem while it's being replaced if not all that complicated to make work while the

Old 04-25-2011, 04:34 PM
Monte Of The Month -- September 2010
10 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

i'm pretty sure the oversized fits fine.

look around on clubgp, i thought i heard over there it fits the montes fine