Engine/Transmission/Performance Adders Chat about your engine, transmission, nitrous, superchargers, turbos, and tuning.

Where is he transmisson connector in engine bay?

Search this Thread

Old 12-22-2012, 04:37 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member
Default Where is he transmisson connector in engine bay?

I re did the intake gaskets on the 3800 and now i have 753,758, and 1860 code for the trans. I believe its in limp mode. Im thinking maybe the connector isnt all the way in or its dirty. Any ideas?

Old 12-22-2012, 04:40 PM
Monte Of The Month -- February 2012

Well the solenoids are prone to go out on these transmissions. But the conector you're looking for is right underneath the exhaust crossover towards the drivers side wheel. If you look it's grey in color and has an arrow pointing at the transmission on the top of it for orientation purposes.

Old 12-22-2012, 04:51 PM
10 Year Member

Okay ill check that tomorrow, anyone have a picture of it maybe? And it cant be my solonoids going. The transmission was working perfectly till the day i did the intake swap> never showed a sign of dieing...

Old 12-22-2012, 05:29 PM

I've had my Monte Carlo 2001 since March this year. When I purchased this car it had 126,000 miles on it. It never really blew heat and the low coolant light would occasionally come on then off. Now with 155,000 miles the car is running hot and screams high coolant level but when I pop the hood, it doesn't seem hot but I do hear bubbling. I've had a radiator flush, which gave me nice warm heat for about a day. So, I took it back to the mechanic and he said thermostat, replaced the thermostat, car still running hot Now the mechanic is saying head gaskets, SAY IT AINT SO! I was wondering if they did a pressure test on it and is that a common service when diagnosing this problem? I read that the head gaskets don't blow often on the Monte 01 and it could be the plastic elbows that connect the intake and water pump to the tensioner pulley bracket, whatever that is?!?! My exhaust isn't blowing white smoke & my oil dipstick looks like it should. HAS ANYONE ELSE EXPERIENCED THIS PROBLEM WITH THEIR MONTE CARLO? Im really depending on this car for at least 50,000 more miles. WHAT SHOULD I DO?

Old 12-22-2012, 06:20 PM

Your mechanic should do a pressure test to see if its leaking anywhere, if it doesn't hold pressure you have a leak somewhere. At that mileage have the intake manifold gaskets been replaced with the redesigned ones? I got my car in feburary and it smelled like antifreeze, mechanic assumed it was antifreeze on the intake manifold from the thermostat being changed. My engine light came on less than a month later from leaking vacuum, ended up being the lower gasket was leaking vacuum, and the upper was leaking coolant. Ended up needing the upper and lower intake manifold gaskets replaced, mechanic used the updated aluminum gaskets. I don't know your mechanic but it almost sounds like he is just throwing parts at it, unless he did his research. Sorry if we stole the thread lorenzo.

Old 12-23-2012, 07:53 AM
10 Year Member

Please guys stay on Topic, Make your own thread if you need help Any Ideas on what could cause this? Is there maybe a way to reset the PCM? Im thinking that the computer didnt like something and maybe threw it into limp mode? Could this be why that when i put the car in Park my doors dont unlock? When i put it into reverse my doors lock though.

Old 12-23-2012, 07:55 AM
10 Year Member

Just read this " By the way, interestingly and just as a side note, if the cable harness going to your transmission was ever to become detached, severed or damaged, your transmission would also go into 'limp mode'. (A situation that occurred for a friend of mine while he was out bush trailing)." From What is Limp Mode?. Could this be the case? If it i did detach it while taking the harness off does the computer think its still missing?

Old 12-23-2012, 08:30 AM
10 Year Member

Just took a look at the connector and there is no way in hell that i would have even come close to disconnecting it

Old 12-23-2012, 09:07 AM

Sorry Lorenzo Im a new member and just figured how to post a new thread good luck with fixing your car.