Engine/Transmission/Performance Adders Chat about your engine, transmission, nitrous, superchargers, turbos, and tuning.

What Type of Fuel do u run in your Monte?

Search this Thread

Old 06-12-2005, 12:10 PM
Photobucket
Default What Type of Fuel do u run in your Monte?

I just wanted to see what type of fuel everyone runs in their Monte...

I run 2.5 Gal VP Racing 110 octaine mix with 12.5 Gal Sunoco 94 Octaine on the street, and im now running at the track 2.5 Gal VP Racing C16 mix with 5 Gal of 94 Octaine...

VP Racing Fuel Prices:
110 Octaine - 5.75/gal
C16 114 Octaine - 9.00/gal

Went to Atco Raceway and picked me up 10 Gal of 110 Octaine and 2 New Race Jugs for $110. Now the car runs unbelivable and doesn't break up at low RPMs

Old 06-12-2005, 02:17 PM
Default RE: What Type of Fuel do u run in your Monte?

87 octane

Old 06-12-2005, 05:00 PM
Monte Of The Month - July 2005

93 oct. and some times i try to get some octain booster in there i think it helps a little bit but it may just be in my head

Old 06-12-2005, 06:00 PM

ORIGINAL: big green dog

93 oct. and some times i try to get some octain booster in there i think it helps a little bit but it may just be in my head
well, I guess that depends on what you think it helps with.

Old 06-12-2005, 06:27 PM

ORIGINAL: 04MonteLS

I use 87 Octane. For anyone who doesnt know. the higher the octane, the more additives in the fuel. the more additives in the fuel, the more difficult it is to combust that fuel. Higher octane fuel is for engines with higher compression ratios. in a stock 3.8L the compression ratio isnt high enough to use even 89. High octane in a low compression engine just builds up sludge and gum becuase the engine doesnt burn hot enough for that fuel. People automatically assume that higher octane means more power, and the petrol companys let you believe that so you pay more for high octane. In reality, high octane can be bad for your engine if it doesnt burn hot enough (high compression)
If you don't believe me, try it, put in some really high octane fuel and drive around for a while, then completely drain the tank and put in the low octane stuff and tell me if you notice better low to mid power with the 87.

Old 06-12-2005, 09:20 PM

I run 93 and I can tell ya I do notice the difference. It seems that it runs way more sluggish if I use the lower grades of gas.

Hypertech also notes to use high test for certain programs...

TVW

Old 06-12-2005, 10:37 PM

ORIGINAL: SoCalSS

I use 87 Octane. For anyone who doesnt know. the higher the octane, the more additives in the fuel. the more additives in the fuel, the more difficult it is to combust that fuel. Higher octane fuel is for engines with higher compression ratios. in a stock 3.8L the compression ratio isnt high enough to use even 89. High octane in a low compression engine just builds up sludge and gum becuase the engine doesnt burn hot enough for that fuel. People automatically assume that higher octane means more power, and the petrol companys let you believe that so you pay more for high octane. In reality, high octane can be bad for your engine if it doesnt burn hot enough (high compression)
If you don't believe me, try it, put in some really high octane fuel and drive around for a while, then completely drain the tank and put in the low octane stuff and tell me if you notice better low to mid power with the 87.
let em know mang! Alot of people have misconceptions about gas and octane, and I ain't even gonna front, I did too. I thought my car (89 Civic 1.5L) ran better w/ 91 octane[] But then I got schooled and that was that.

Old 06-12-2005, 11:18 PM

let em know mang! Alot of people have misconceptions about gas and octane, and I ain't even gonna front, I did too. I thought my car (89 Civic 1.5L) ran better w/ 91 octane[] But then I got schooled and that was that.
Thanks man, at least i got someone on my side.[8D]

Old 06-12-2005, 11:22 PM

No doubt!

Old 06-13-2005, 02:07 AM

No doubt!

Now we just need to school all these NUBS huh?

Quick Reply: What Type of Fuel do u run in your Monte?