Engine/Transmission/Performance Adders Chat about your engine, transmission, nitrous, superchargers, turbos, and tuning.

What is Gen3 M90 Worth?

Old 08-31-2018, 06:30 PM
3 Year Member
1 Year Member
Default What is Gen3 M90 Worth?

I'm think about selling my M90 and lower intake manifold from my 2004 Monte Carlo Supercharged SS.
My car has 45,000 original miles and the blower doesn't make any odd noises and works perfect.

Old 08-31-2018, 08:01 PM

Not much unfortunately. There are a zillion of them out there, and by itself it's not an upgrade for anyone. A lot seems to depend on the local market though as they're expensive to ship due to the weight.

For just the m90 and LIM, I'd probably start at $150 and go down until you get a bite.

Are you parting out the car? I only ask because you can make it more valuable by pulling off all the rest of the parts someone would need for a top swap and market it to the NA crowd.

Old 09-01-2018, 12:24 PM
3 Year Member
1 Year Member

I just bought the car about a month ago and i'm thinking about switching to a turbo kit. So i figured if someone needed the
M90 and the LIM i will sell it here.

Old 09-01-2018, 07:07 PM

Originally Posted by 2004DaleJr.SS
I just bought the car about a month ago and i'm thinking about switching to a turbo kit. So i figured if someone needed the
M90 and the LIM i will sell it here.
That's the bad thing, the m90 and LIM are kinda worthless without the rest of the parts for a top swap (heads, fuel rails, injectors, balancer, etc). Would be different if it was a gen 5 as people buy those as an upgrade.

The only real market would be for the blower alone as a lower mileage replacement for someone with really highs miles, but with how abundant they are in junkyards, you've got to be low enough in price to compete while accounting for shipping.

IMO, I wouldn't bother - I'd just pull the snout and buy a block off plate when you go turbo.

Old 09-03-2018, 03:07 AM
3 Year Member
1 Year Member

I see what u mean. This car is in such good shape I'm getting a lot of people telling me I'm crazy if I turn one bolt on my car. So maybe keeping the blower and just adding a S2 intercooler from ZZP and a pulley could be in the cards. If I do add a turbo kit I hope Cartuning will still make their kit when I can afford it in a year. Thanks for your help.

Last edited by 2004DaleJr.SS; 09-03-2018 at 09:58 AM.
Old 09-03-2018, 07:02 AM

For the price of a turbo kit (and you seem to be interested in new, not used) you can do a ton of stuff to the car and I mean A TON.. Even upgrade to the gen 5 then do all the common upgrades and still be under what that turbo kit will be.

Plus, you will have the power when you want it. Not have to deal with turbo lag or anything..

Idk, just my two cents.

Old 09-03-2018, 10:15 AM
3 Year Member
1 Year Member

Originally Posted by wht02monte
For the price of a turbo kit (and you seem to be interested in new, not used) you can do a ton of stuff to the car and I mean A TON.. Even upgrade to the gen 5 then do all the common upgrades and still be under what that turbo kit will be.

Plus, you will have the power when you want it. Not have to deal with turbo lag or anything..

Idk, just my two cents.
From what i've been reading for the last 5 years turbo lag isn't really an issue with the ZZP Z7, Z3, or the Cartuning kits. I priced a list of mods i would do like a ported blower inlet and outlet, ZZP S2 intercooler kit, adding a 3.4 pulley, ported TB, ported LIM, ZZP front power log, a ZZP down pipe. It comes out to a little over $2,000. Now for $1,600 more i can turbo the car. I would most likely do a VS cam as well and a ZZP 2.5" catback. So modding the stock parts or turbocharging are pretty close in price which is great. I always owned 4th gen. f-bodies with the LT1 and LS1 but these cars are cool when it comes to modding and can be very quick.

Old 09-03-2018, 09:29 PM

I see what u mean. This car is in such good shape I'm getting a lot of people telling me I'm crazy if I turn one bolt on my car. So maybe keeping the blower and just adding a S2 intercooler from ZZP and a pulley could be in the cards.
I wouldn't worry much about the condition of the car in terms of modding. No offense, but it isn't worth anything as a collectors car, so you may as well enjoy it. Just feel bad seeing people with 6th gen montes go through Barrett Jackson with near zero miles and the cars can't even make it to original sticker price (not even talking inflation rates). I'd mod and enjoy away!

Old 09-03-2018, 09:33 PM

From what i've been reading for the last 5 years turbo lag isn't really an issue
You are right, it's not like some crazy monster 80s aftermarket turbo that spools in seconds. Modern turbos that are sized right spool pretty quick. I totally see what he means though, even if it spools lightning fast, they'll never get into boost like a blower car. I definitely get this on my wife's Ford Edge - that tiny turbo spools instantly being mounted inches from the head, but there is still delay there.

I priced a list of mods i would do like a ported blower inlet and outlet, ZZP S2 intercooler kit, adding a 3.4 pulley, ported TB, ported LIM, ZZP front power log, a ZZP down pipe. It comes out to a little over $2,000. Now for $1,600 more i can turbo the car.
Definitely wouldn't go with a 3.4" with an IC, it'll be a dog for the money. IC and a cam can easily support a 3.0".

For $2k, that getting pretty close to a Z3 kit though, either is a good option though - pros and cons each way as long as you're not shooting for the moon on power.

Old 09-04-2018, 11:29 AM
3 Year Member
1 Year Member

I would need bigger injectors with a 3.0 pulley right? What size would I need, 42's?

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: What is Gen3 M90 Worth?