Engine/Transmission/Performance Adders Chat about your engine, transmission, nitrous, superchargers, turbos, and tuning.

Turbo LS7 SS : )

Search this Thread

Old 06-19-2009, 05:44 AM
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member
Thumbs up Turbo LS7 SS : )

Hi Member's, below is a email I got from Sam
on a update on his Monte.
Click the below link & check out a few of his pic's.
WoW

Exhaust housing on GT4202 turbo

[Kid: Remember me - I'm the guy putting an LS7 in my SS - Well things are underway and I have a link with a few pictures to show you. The people helping me with this project are making a photo album for me (seeing I have no idea how to take pictures) and they sent me a few to look at.

With all the research I have been doing - it was determined that the block and head combination on an all out drag car (which this is not) could handle probably 1400 HP but of course with my weak tranny I am no where near going there. This will be a street driver with 650 WHP on the motor and with the Turbo with 2-5# of boost over 800 HP. And still I worry about the transmission. I have had special machined parts made to replace the junk steel parts in the trans to strengthen it and also treated other parts to hardened them to withstand the wear and tear that this trans will have and upgraded everything possible. Anyway take a look at the beginning, this link should keep you updated. Thanks for your time. Sam Buscemi - oh by the way - everything I don't use will be for sale. All the old 5.3 stuff.

Last edited by Space; 06-20-2009 at 06:46 AM.
Old 06-19-2009, 06:52 AM

YouTube - ultima can am twin turbo ls7

3 min 49 sec - May 6, 2007
LS7 twin turbo engine built by: Schwartz Extreme Performance 1000+ hp at the crank. Dry Sump oiling system twin gt35 turbos custom intercooler ...
www.youtube.com/watch?v=WuxYVjZ41ic

<LI class="g s">YouTube - Mallett LS7 Twin Turbo on dyno

Katech Air Attack LS7 Twin Turbo engine dyno 1008hp ... LS7 Single Turbo Pontiac Solstice By Mallett Cars · Added. 0:48. LS7 Single Turbo ...
www.youtube.com/watch?v=wz1a3E6ZLkQ
<LI class=g>2006 Chevrolet Corvette Z06 Twin Turbo LS7 Engine Photo

View this 2006 Chevrolet Corvette Z06 Twin Turbo LS7 Engine photos. Twin turbos and 700 rear wheel horsepower make this C6 Z06 anything but an ordinary ...
www.vetteweb.com/features/vemp...z06/photo_03.html - Cached - Similar
<LI style="MARGIN-LEFT: 3em" class=g>2006 Chevrolet Corvette Z06 - Twin-Turbo LS7 Engine - Vette Magazine

Twin turbos and 700 rear wheel horsepower make this C6 Z06 anything but an ordinary Corvette - Vette Magazine.
www.vetteweb.com/...z06/twin_turbo_ls7_engine.html - Cached - Similar
<LI class=g>Late Model Racecraft Twin Turbo Ls7 Engine Combo Photo

View this Late Model Racecraft Twin Turbo Ls7 Engine Combo photos. Check out this Power Adder Street Combos Guide for LS and LT engines.
www.gmhightechperformance.com/...engine.../photo_07.html - Cached - Similar
<LI class=g>SEMA 2007 Spotlight: APS C6 ZO6 LS7 twin turbo kit

Nov 3, 2007 ... SEMA 2007 Spotlight: APS C6 ZO6 LS7 twin turbo kit ... The LS7 engine puts out 505 horsepower in stock form, so it could really use about ...
www.audiportal.com/.../SEMA-2007-Spotlight-APS-C6-ZO6-LS7-twin-turbo-kit.html - Cached - Similar
<LI class=g>Powertv & Wheel To Wheel Powertrain To Build Ls7 Twin Turbo ...

1 post - 1 author - Last post: May 6, 2007
Powertv & Wheel To Wheel Powertrain To Build Ls7 Twin Turbo Mustang, ... “We like the idea of combining the GM LS7 engine with the excellent ...
www.powertvonline.com/forum/showthread.php?t=333 - Cached - Similar
<LI class=g>BREAKING NEWS - APS Z06 Twin Turbo Kit

BREAKING NEWS: APS Z06 Twin Turbo Kit. Shortly after the release of the new ... Clearly the heart of this beast, each LS7 engine is hand-assembled by a ...
mzmperformance.com/aps/z06.html - Cached - Similar
<LI class=g>Jalopnik - Turbo LS7-Powered 800 HP Lingenfelter Camaro SS Mullet ...

May 6, 2009 ... Engine removal, disassembly and inspection - Chevrolet LS7 7.0 L aluminum ... Lingenfelter turbo compressor housings & exhaust housings with ...
jalopnik.com/.../turbo-ls7+powered-800-hp-lingenfelter-camaro-ss-mullet+mobile - Similar

Old 06-19-2009, 12:01 PM

Late Model Racecraft Twin Turbo Ls7 Engine Combo Photo
View this Late Model Racecraft Twin Turbo Ls7 Engine Combo photos. Check out this Power Adder Street Combos Guide for LS and LT engines.
www.gmhightechperformance.com/...lt.../photo_07.html - Cached - Similar

Last edited by Space; 06-21-2009 at 05:49 AM.
Old 06-19-2009, 01:12 PM

From looking at the pics- it appears that the car will still be FWD, I hope he's got something else planned for the car- a 4t65 definitely isn't going to handle 800whp in a street car, regardless what parts are in it.

Also seems like there would be no way you could hook that much power FWD on street tires either.

Old 06-19-2009, 03:11 PM

Originally Posted by bumpin96monte
From looking at the pics- it appears that the car will still be FWD, I hope he's got something else planned for the car- a 4t65 definitely isn't going to handle 800whp in a street car, regardless what parts are in it.

Also seems like there would be no way you could hook that much power FWD on street tires either.
You'd be surprised with what you can do with a front wheel drive platform. I've seen plenty of front-drive imports pushing 5-800 hp that hook good and are fairly reliable. Grant it, they are typically lighter and have manual transmissions. If it's done right, I think it'll work. I do agree that the trans and half shafts/axles are going to be weak points. I have a friend who was running 11's with his 3.8 sc gtp and he had a bunch of hardened parts but kept breaking stuff.

Old 06-19-2009, 03:24 PM

Hi Noah & Chad,
Thanks for your post/input.
I know `Sam in putting big $'s in his 07SS & I give him
credit for all that he is doing. I think it's going to be a
wild ride 4-Sure.
He will be keeping us updated on progress & pic's.
I can't wait till it hit the streets & the Track.
`Noah, would love 2 C pic's of your Friends GTP SC
running in the 11's : )
I know when `Sam first joined & posted what he was going to
do I thought it would be a lot of power for a FWD,
but he has pro's work'in on it, & it's going to be one of a
kind 4-Sure...
Looking 4ward to his updates.
Thanks you both for being super contributor's to the
MCF...We learn a lot from your posts.
Wish EveryOne Reading a SuperFunWeekEnd.
EnJoy

Old 06-19-2009, 04:31 PM

for the money hes putting up, i sure hope everything is perfect. did he exactly say how much all this work is going to cost?

Old 06-20-2009, 06:24 AM

Originally Posted by sonin66
for the money hes putting up, i sure hope everything is perfect. did he exactly say how much all this work is going to cost?

Hi `Chris, I don't know how much Money $ `Sam has invested
in his 07SS, but it's going to be one of a kind 4-Sure.
I will be looking forward to his updates, and more
pic's & hopefully a vid in the near future.
It's going to be `AmaZing : )
Stand by for
Updates

Old 06-20-2009, 07:20 AM

Monte Of The Month -- August 2007

ZZPerformance hit high 8's in the 1/4 with their 3.8 FWD GP. That's a 900+hp car, running a 4T65E-HD. The axles are the week point.

Old 06-20-2009, 04:53 PM

You'd be surprised with what you can do with a front wheel drive platform. I've seen plenty of front-drive imports pushing 5-800 hp that hook good and are fairly reliable. Grant it, they are typically lighter and have manual transmissions. If it's done right, I think it'll work. I do agree that the trans and half shafts/axles are going to be weak points. I have a friend who was running 11's with his 3.8 sc gtp and he had a bunch of hardened parts but kept breaking stuff.
Trust me, I've been around wbodys enough to know what they're capable of- the big problem is that the 4t65e is not made to handle nearly that kind of power. The stock LS4 guys have reliability problems, as do modded 3800 guys. When you start getting into the 500+ whp level, even a heavily modded transmission just simply isn't strong enough if you have real tires. I don't know how many threads I've seen on clubgp of guys with 450-600 whp turbo 3800 setups do a complete demod due to transmission breakages, and he plans on 30-40% more power than that!
Now that the 1" GMR chain is discontinued, the problems are just going to be worse; as the chains in service now stretch, they're going to have to buy up other sets to replace theirs.

The other sticking point will be traction- this guy is planning 800whp with boost, and you figure the max width you can run is what- a 255 or so? The thing will have to run DR's on the street to have any hope of traction. Slicks would be the only garauntee of traction, but then that kills the ability to use the car on the street much- and forces you back into the broken transmission problem.

ZZPerformance hit high 8's in the 1/4 with their 3.8 FWD GP. That's a 900+hp car, running a 4T65E-HD. The axles are the week point.
IMO thats an apples to oranges comparison. You could also argue that the GM race team ran the 4t65e in their 1000+ hp cobalt drag cars.

However, there are a few key differences here- one being that the ZZP car is nowhere near street trim- that thing has been weight-modded to the max, and I'd bet its almost a 1000 lb difference between that thing and a regular street car (add to that a passenger, and cargo on a street car). The other thing is, they don't use the zzp drag car for street driving, so it doesn't rack up any mileage or wear and tear from daily use, and they rebuild transmissions in house; so the only downside to blowing a transmission is having to pack up early at the track. For a consumer, having to keep rebuilding the transmissions (especially with a hard part failure) gets too costly too quickly.

The axles would be the least of my worrys with a car like that- you just buy the adaptors from GM to run the Porsche axles like they do in their drag car, and they should be pretty non-issue.

Last edited by bumpin96monte; 06-20-2009 at 04:56 PM.

Quick Reply: Turbo LS7 SS : )