Engine/Transmission/Performance Adders Chat about your engine, transmission, nitrous, superchargers, turbos, and tuning.

The Sweet Sound (and smell) of success

Search this Thread

Old 06-30-2007, 09:49 PM
Default The Sweet Sound (and smell) of success

After three days worth of work and not much more than a basic tune up I was able to bring the neglected motor back to life.
I did the usual plugs, wires, rotor, distributor cap, belts, filters, pcv valve etc. I squirted some Mystery Oil into the cylinders and carb and spun the balancer with a wrench to loosen everything up.
A buddy of mine brought something called "sea foam" over and shot it into the carb to clean everything out.
After pumping the gas a few times she fired up.Not bad for sitting untouched in a driveway for 5 years or so. She sounds great. The whole neighborhood was filled with blue smoke as the Mystery Oil burned off. It smelled wonderful.
I just need to set the timing, change the coolant and the tranny fluidand she will be ready to be registered.

Sorry, but I am really excited!

Old 07-01-2007, 09:06 PM
Default RE: The Sweet Sound (and smell) of success

Dont be sorry, thats sweet! Good luck, my experience with trannies tho, if its not Borke dont fix it. My caprice has over 240k on it and have never changed the tranny fluid. Dont know if its good or bad, but every other car i had before i changed the fluid or had it flushed and then it started to act up. So just my opinion. Good luck.