Engine/Transmission/Performance Adders Chat about your engine, transmission, nitrous, superchargers, turbos, and tuning.

Startin

Search this Thread

Old 02-25-2008, 08:44 AM
Default Startin

My car has been startin kinda rough as of late... Iunno what it is, it's like it..... when you turn the key it starts but then it acts like it wants to cut off but it neva does... Iunno maybe someone has seen or had this before.

Old 02-25-2008, 09:00 AM
Default RE: Startin

[align=center]Hi Anthony,[/align][align=center]It could be many things ?[/align][align=center]When was the last timeyou had a tune up ?[/align][align=center]Fuel/Air Filter Change ?[/align][align=center]Have you ever tried SeaFoam run through your system ?[/align][align=center]There are many sensor's that can go wrong ?
*Post more details on prob `ok
[/align][align=center]Is it the original CAT ?[/align][align=center]How many miles are on your Monte ?[/align][align=center]Will check back for your future posts/infor.[/align][align=center]I hope with more infor that a member can `help[/align][align=center]Good Luck[/align]

Old 02-25-2008, 12:58 PM

I haven't had the car long.... it had 114k on it when i got it now it has 116k.. the oil was changed when i got it... I'll have to check the filter today, I dont think it's any of my sensors, and the car runs perfect pther than the start because when you turn the key for the car to start and it begins to start it's like it wants to cut off then then just rushes to start.... i'll be sure to check the air filter today and this seanfoam you speak of where do I put it to be ran through? and it has the orginal CAT, i'm about to put a cherry bomb on it tho...

Old 02-25-2008, 01:08 PM

Hi Anthony,
Sounds like the starter is drag'in ?
Is the engine running smooth after it does start ?
It could be a lose starter ? Bendix Switch that kick's
the starter in ? Solnoid ?
I hope one of our expert member's can post their idea's/solutions.
Good Luck,
and keep posting as much information as you can.
The more infor you post about your prob,
the better it is for a member to suggest a solutions.

Old 02-25-2008, 01:37 PM

runs perfect after the start, i firgured it was the starter goin bad i think it's stil lgot some life in it

Old 02-25-2008, 02:52 PM

well, i would think that the only reason it would be the starter itself is if it struggles to turn over. if theres problems with it when its first started, not getting it started, then I would think it would be something else.

Old 02-27-2008, 01:51 PM
Taz

Monte Of The Month -- March 2014
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

If the car still has the original starter in it, that may be your problem. What you're describing sounds like what I had in a previous car, when the starter went.It had a dead spot in it.

To me it sounds like your starter is going on you.

Old 03-07-2008, 12:46 PM

My car sometimes does the same I have a "99" Z34 but to day I went to start it and it would sound like it wants to start but it would shut off right away like the plugs weren’t firing or the starter was going bad or maybe the fuel pump maybe ? How can you tell when these components are failing?

Old 03-07-2008, 01:06 PM

you can tell when you car starts to act different and make differetn sounds

Old 03-07-2008, 01:25 PM

Monte Of The Month -- February 2008

I had the problem with my Caddy, it was the TPS.