Engine/Transmission/Performance Adders Chat about your engine, transmission, nitrous, superchargers, turbos, and tuning.

SS hood?

Search this Thread

Old 08-22-2008, 09:15 PM
Photobucket
Monte Of The Month -- May 2009
15 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member
Default SS hood?

So i was in an accident the other day, a guy cut me off turning left and failed to yeild. My bumper, HID's, grille, right fender, and hood are all messed up. I was brainstorming, since i've wanted a SS hood for the longest time and i got the courage to ask the body shop that is doing the repairs if they could order the SS hood for me, prep and paint it for me and i would just pay the difference of the actual hood since insurance was gonna prep and paint the new OEM hood for me anyways. They went for it, no problem! so the OEM hood came out to be 546 bucks, so the PFYC website i can get it for 709 + shipping! pretty sweet. I just ordered the SLP CAI but did it before the accident, so i got the one that doesnt work with the hood. gotta send it back and get the one that works with the hood now. I did tons of searching on the SS hood, but i really like the 06-07 SS hood, does anyone know where i could get one for my 2003? if not, i will just get the older SS hood, still looks good. Anybody have anything i should want to look out for or any tips for this hood?

Sorry, might have posted in wrong section but couldnt figure out where this post would belong haha.

Thanks

(P.S. rent-a-cars are NOT the same but it is fun because i can not care about the tires, and its a G6 GT)

Old 08-23-2008, 02:45 AM
Photobucket
15 Year Member
Default RE: SS hood?

BTW, i just found this hood on andysautosport.com close to the SS hood, but has two extras on the sides. Anyone have this or know if its any good? its certainly cheaper, only 450 bucks!

Old 08-23-2008, 02:51 AM
Photobucket
15 Year Member
Old 08-23-2008, 05:45 AM

I'm curious if anyone on this thread has used one of these and figured out how to make use of a real CAI system with this hood?

Old 08-24-2008, 08:11 PM

i actually have that hood on my camaro now. i don't have a pic but i can tell you that extreme dimension products are garbage. the fiberglass hood that i bought from them was so thin that my body guy couldn't even apply filler to get the waves out of it. it just bowed in when he tried. anyhow, i had to cut the hood apart and lay down some more fiberglass to reinforce it and then fiberglass it back together. major pain in the butt, but it came out good. i wish i would have gone with a harwood or another more reputable company in the first place.

Old 08-25-2008, 12:23 AM

Monte Of The Month -- January 2009

Here is an actual Functional hood scoop by mpd-inc.net

I know its a little more but you will definately get the best performance air intake wise with this hood and their intake wich is ducted straight from the hood through the intake.

Here is the link

http://www.mpd-inc.net/mc.htm

Old 08-25-2008, 12:29 AM

Monte Of The Month -- January 2009

Here is another pic, there is a whole at the top under the hood and feeds directly into the air box. Call them up and tell them your a member on monte carlo forum, and see if they can give you a nice speacial price for the hood and the intake and plenum. The guy there is great and does a really nice job.

PLEASE SCROLL UP AND DOWN SIDE TO SIDE TO SEE THESE BIG PICTURES, I POSTED LARGE PICTURES SO YOU CAN SEE ALL THE DETAILS IN THEM.

Old 08-25-2008, 03:11 PM

looks likes a really nice setup. it be really nice if we could find a place to do a group buy on some of these things. (unfortuantly, I cant because im sure my 3.4 wont work with it)

Old 08-25-2008, 06:24 PM

ORIGINAL: vita

looks likes a really nice setup. it be really nice if we could find a place to do a group buy on some of these things. (unfortuantly, I cant because im sure my 3.4 wont work with it)
so just drop in a 3.8 =P

Old 08-25-2008, 07:49 PM

I like my 28+ mpg.

Quick Reply: SS hood?