Monte Carlo Forum - Monte Carlo Enthusiast Forums

Monte Carlo Forum - Monte Carlo Enthusiast Forums (https://montecarloforum.com/forum/)
-   Engine/Transmission/Performance Adders (https://montecarloforum.com/forum/engine-transmission-performance-adders-12/)
-   -   6th Gen ('00-'05): Redline without shifting to third!!!!!!! Help (https://montecarloforum.com/forum/engine-transmission-performance-adders-12/redline-without-shifting-third-help-39138/)

Manning95444 09-30-2012 01:48 PM

Redline without shifting to third!!!!!!! Help

I have a 2003 monte carlo pacecar shifts through all gears smooth and has always been takin care of, i have noticed that when you give it WOT it will reach 45-50mph and wont shift just redline until you let off the throttle what could cause this?
If my neighbors dang neon beats me again because of this im goona be pissed :mad:

STUMPMI 09-30-2012 04:06 PM

Whens the last time you did a fluid filter change on the trans???
ounds like a dirty,clogged filter to me...

Manning95444 09-30-2012 05:46 PM

I just did a full flush to include torque con. and cooler plus lines. I also replaced both shift noids and some other sensors on the valve body. Fixed all problems i was having with late shifts and not shifting but this problem is still not fixed. Kind of a bummer to alot of time and work in fixing it, atlease its shifting smooth and reliable now, just would like to know what causes it to redline without shifting?

2005ssmonte 10-02-2012 12:43 PM

your not supposed to flush the trannys in this car. Most reputable mechanics will tell you flushing actually hurts your tranny more than fixing it. If you do a fluid change it needs to be a series of pan drops. I think you may have a tranny issue maybe a bad solenoid

STUMPMI 10-02-2012 01:46 PM

Originally Posted by Manning95444 (Post 498492)
I just did a full flush to include torque con. and cooler plus lines. I also replaced both shift noids and some other sensors on the valve body. Fixed all problems i was having with late shifts and not shifting but this problem is still not fixed. Kind of a bummer to alot of time and work in fixing it, atlease its shifting smooth and reliable now, just would like to know what causes it to redline without shifting?

Did you drop the trans to do the flush?
Or did u use one of those oil change trans flush places?
If you did..then you have a huge problem....The way the do it thru line reverse flush...DOES NOT DO THE TORQUE CONVERTER.... You need to have it done by a trans shop and they do a full "HOT" flush of the whole system...by removeing the trans, filter and torque converter...

Those oil change places that do a flush...ends up crushing the plastic framed filter in the trans..and its only gonna get worse...causeing the fluid flow to be constricted and doesnt flow properly thru the filter...

Habbibie 10-02-2012 04:43 PM

Originally Posted by STUMPMI (Post 498945)
Did you drop the trans to do the flush?
Or did u use one of those oil change trans flush places?
If you did..then you have a huge problem....The way the do it thru line reverse flush...DOES NOT DO THE TORQUE CONVERTER.... You need to have it done by a trans shop and they do a full "HOT" flush of the whole system...by removeing the trans, filter and torque converter...

Those oil change places that do a flush...ends up crushing the plastic framed filter in the trans..and its only gonna get worse...causeing the fluid flow to be constricted and doesnt flow properly thru the filter...

Man Stumpmi that is some useful info. Thanks for sharing

Manning95444 10-06-2012 08:22 PM

Vola!

:congrats:Thanks for the great advice sorry its been a minute. I did a pan cycle flush dropped it four times and its running like a champ. This will be my new aproach to any tranny flush from now on a little pricy on fluid but worth not having to rebuild.

STUMPMI 10-06-2012 09:18 PM

Originally Posted by Habbibie (Post 498971)
Man Stumpmi that is some useful info. Thanks for sharing

Your quite welcome... had to learn that lesson the hard way!
By the time I figured out what the problem was..it blew my trans..
Cost me $1000.00 to get it rebuilt!...:nono: