Engine/Transmission/Performance Adders Chat about your engine, transmission, nitrous, superchargers, turbos, and tuning.

Put MY Monte on the Bottle :)

Search this Thread

Old 11-24-2008, 05:48 AM
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member
Default Put MY Monte on the Bottle :)

Hey Evryone,

I havent been on this board i a LONG time, but i figured i would take the time to share that last night i put my L67 Powered Monte on the Bottle

The trunk isn't completely done yet, but the bottle is hooked up and we sprayed for the first time last night.....

I will have some pics and detailed specs this evening. Check back around 5:00

Old 11-24-2008, 07:02 AM
Default RE: Put MY Monte on the Bottle :)

Can't wait too see! Are you gunna dyno it in the future, I'd like to sse what numbers your pushin.

Old 11-24-2008, 08:41 AM

when myother stuffis done, then yes there will be some numbers.
Mongello Motorsports are the HP Tuner kings and they should be able to setup a nice tune. Mine is basic.

for now....its all seat of the pants, and all i can say is that she rips pretty nice for a small shot.

Old 11-24-2008, 01:31 PM

whoa a supercharged and nitrous charged monte ! it should make good power
did you spray it at a track ? do you have times ?

Old 11-24-2008, 04:14 PM

Ihope you're doing a dry shot if you're shooting before the blower.

Old 11-25-2008, 06:06 AM

Sorry guys,

It was a longone at the shop last night and when I got home I just crashed.

88ss408- No I did not spray at the track yet. All of the tracks in my area are closed for the season I believe. My car went 13.80 with no bottle (intake headers exhaust and a pulley, full interior). On the bottle, it feels like a 12.90 car.

bumpin96monte- I know what you are getting at. Let me elaborate a little further than the internet junkies. First off, Yes I am running a wet shot. Second, NO; the coating on my rotor pack is not going to fall off
I know a ton of nitrous guys who spray through roots blowers, and after years of abuse the last thing to worry about is the rotor pack. That whole myth seemed to have started over on clubgp, which is exactly why I dont post over there. It is a bunch of guys who read way too much and post what you should or should'nt do to your vehicle despite that many of them have never even tried. (not saying your one of those guys so please don't take offense).
The only concern you should have when spraying nitrous through a blower is the fact that automotive/ industrial grade nitrous has a mild sulfer content. Sulfer DOES have the potential to damage rotor coatings, but the amount by volume is so small that there will be practically no chance of damage (and whats the worst that could happen? I have to go down to the bown yard and buy another 100.00 blower?)

As for my setup:
Primarily I am running a ZEX 82021P Wet Setup.
For those of you who are not familiar with ZEX, or if you are a first timer thinking of getting into Nitrous, they are an amazing resource. There kits are very straight forward and easy to install. It comes with evrything you could possibly need to plum a high quality starter system.

This is by no means my first davel with Nitrous. I managed to pick up this 700.00 kit for 400.00 and I am in the process of adding more components.

My nozzle is plummed right behind the throttle body in what used to be the old "evap" vaccum source. I removed the vaccum fitting, tapped the hole and bored out the inside so i could flush the nitrous nozzle into place.

Fuel is supplied via the shrader valve. The nice thing about the ZEX kits, is the fact they supply a valve stem removal tool as well as an adapter to use the shrader valve as a fuel feed for the nitrous.

All of my lines have been individually wrapped and loomed so it appears to be a wiring harness (you will understand later when I post the pics).

I will have some more details and photos hopefully this evening!

Old 11-25-2008, 07:06 PM

Only reason I mention it is I had a buddy in college runningWIsprayed before the blower and it really stripped the rotors clean. I realize that the volume of fuel you're injecting through a wet shot is way less though, and you are right- the blowers are dirt cheap now anyways.

Old 11-27-2008, 10:03 AM

ok....so it took me a few days...

but here are the pics of the install thus far:

Now take note. When the engine cover is on, the only sign of nitrous is the solenoid box on the strut tower. Also notice that all the lines and wiring are "loomed" to look like a factory harness. I plan on taking a spare fuse box from a Grand Prix I have and gutting the backside to fit over the solenoid box and appear as factory wiring

Pretty slick, no?

As you can see here, fuel is pulled from the shradder valve with an adapter provided by ZEX. It really makes for a clean install. The up-close picture also shows the placement of the nitrous nozzel directly after the TB plate where the vaccum line for evap used to be. The vaccum line was relocated to a spare port on top of the blower case. Even under the cover the only signs of nitrous are purple

The trunk is unfinished as well. If you look close at the front of the pic you can see the false floor that I made of MDF and carpeted. The floor that the bottle sits on is actually going to be the home of a sub box. You wont be able to see the nitrous bottle AT ALL!

....and this is the activation switch

so what do you guys think?

Old 11-27-2008, 10:07 AM

looks good! so do u now have cruise control anymore

Old 11-27-2008, 10:42 AM

Cruise still works....

The Zex Controller requires two inputs in order to spray. First it needs to see an activation switch for power (the cruise button), followed by seeing 100% throttle from the TPS sensor.

So If I activate the cruise control, all I am doing is arming the unit....so yes, I still can use cruise and it wont spray juice unless I put the pedal to the boards.

Quick Reply: Put MY Monte on the Bottle :)