Engine/Transmission/Performance Adders Chat about your engine, transmission, nitrous, superchargers, turbos, and tuning.

Programmers

Old 09-08-2007, 07:33 PM
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member
Default Programmers

Has anybodyreprogrammed their car and what would you suggest?

Old 09-09-2007, 12:21 PM
Default RE: Programmers

depends alot on the year of your car and what motor you have,

I have a 03 SS that i have done this to and loved it for what it could do for me But then again as a programmer i would sugest something other then the hypertech unit. they are verry basic. There are way to many other tunners out there that are so much better for the person willing to learn how to tweak the car so it can preform to its potential.

But if you want a hypertech and mine will work for you i will be gladf to sell it to ya cheap. Im selling the car so i wont be needing it any more

Old 09-09-2007, 02:24 PM

selling the car? what you getting?

i have a DHP Powertuner and love it. there is nothing better then having a car with 175k miles that gets 2mpg better then stock and is over a second faster in the 1/4 mile!

Old 09-09-2007, 05:02 PM

yeah im selling the car. not by want as much as need. looking to get some kind of truck.

need to get something i can beat up for a while. and also somthing to take hunting.

kind of hard to put a deer in teh montes pass. side. they look at ya funny for it

Old 09-09-2007, 06:16 PM

will it work on my car mickey? and phoenix wanna sell yours?

Old 09-09-2007, 08:57 PM

ORIGINAL: z34phoenix

selling the car? what you getting?

i have a DHP Powertuner and love it. there is nothing better then having a car with 175k miles that gets 2mpg better then stock and is over a second faster in the 1/4 mile!
Big smile tonight. One of the cool things with the HP Tuners is the graphing you can do, but I found a way to graph correctly in Excel that does the same thing I was looking for on fuel mapping.

Just waiting for some answers from DHP now.

Old 09-12-2007, 08:40 PM

alright well what kinda of programmer would you suggest

Old 09-12-2007, 11:34 PM

Finally got my answer from DHP and found out they don't lock their PCM's anymore so I can reprogram it.

As for choice, seriously the only 2 to go with is DHP Powrtuner or HP Tuners.

More people have the DHP tuner because of the cost $419 and it does ALOT of stuff. The big negative is it is restricted to 3.1, 3.4, and 3.8 engines and their similar counterparts. They also have a pretty good forum, but I have yet to receive an email back from them... in fact 2 of their email addresses don't work anymore. It also sounds like the owners have full time jobs and do this on the side.
http://65.109.52.43/home_index.htm

The HP Tuners costs more $500 but does the same stuff but also has graphing, quicker read/writes,supports an azzload of vehicles and emails are usually responded to within hours. If you want to use it on another GM car you usually have to pay $100 but then that car is wide open to tune. You can tune any of the vehicles with them as it is open license and sell your tunes to others if you are so inclined. This is the one I plan to order in 2 weeks short of any emergency funding issues. It also seems more and more people on ClubGP are going this route as well as they claim the scanner is better.
http://www.hptuners.com/

Old 09-13-2007, 12:11 PM

kewl well thanks for your help i think im gonna go with the DHP programmer...it just fits my budget better

Old 09-13-2007, 07:01 PM

sorry bud, wished i could help ya out . You could always buy the car and then it would LOL

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Programmers