Engine/Transmission/Performance Adders Chat about your engine, transmission, nitrous, superchargers, turbos, and tuning.

Performance Chip for 6th gen Monte?

Search this Thread

Old 03-27-2016, 10:55 AM
1 Year Member
1 Year Member
Default Performance Chip for 6th gen Monte?

I was bored one day looking on Amazon and I saw something that caught my attention. It is a performance chip that is made specifically for a 6th gen Monte Carlo. The description claims that it adds up to 35 hp and 5 mpg. The cost is around $70. I was curious if anyone here has any experience with performance chips in their Monte. Is it worth it? If so, what brand would you recommend?

Old 03-27-2016, 11:05 AM

Hi Adam, do you have more information or the name of the chip ? It will help our expert member's reply to your question ? It sounds or their claims sound to good to be true

Please post more information. Thank You & Happy Easter

Old 03-27-2016, 11:08 AM
1 Year Member
1 Year Member

Originally Posted by BeachBumMike
Hi Adam, do you have more information or the name of the chip ? It will help our expert member's reply to your question ? It sounds or their claims sound to good to be true

Please post more information. Thank You & Happy Easter
The brand name is "Innovative Performance Chips"

Old 03-27-2016, 11:14 AM

Monte Of The Month -- November 2012
Monte Of The Month -- June 2014
Monte Of The Month -- July 2016
10 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Performance chips do not work for these cars it is just wasted money, if you want a little extra power/mpg take your money and get your car dyno tuned or mail order tuned

Old 03-27-2016, 11:19 AM

Thanks for the name, this will help member's give their opinion(s)

Amazon.com: Innovative Performance Chip/Power Programmer for Chevrolet Monte Carlo 3.1L, 3.4L, 3.5L, 3.8L, 3.9L & 5.3L - Improve Fuel Mileage & Gain More MPG, Increase Horsepower & Torque with this Engine Amazon.com: Innovative Performance Chip/Power Programmer for Chevrolet Monte Carlo 3.1L, 3.4L, 3.5L, 3.8L, 3.9L & 5.3L - Improve Fuel Mileage & Gain More MPG, Increase Horsepower & Torque with this Engine
click

Tuner!: Automotive Performance Chip/Power Programmer for Chevrolet Monte Carlo 3.1L, 3.4L, 3.5L, 3.8L, 3.9L & 5.3L - Improve Fuel Mileage & Gain More MPG, Increase Horsepower & Torque with this Engine Tuner!by Innovative Performance Chips4 out of 5 stars 1 customer review Price: $149.95Sale: $69.95 & FREE Shipping. DetailsYou Save: $80.00 (53%)Only 5 left in stock.Want it Tuesday, March 29? Order within 12 hrs 58 mins and choose Two-Day Shipping at checkout. DetailsSold by innovative_performance_chips and Fulfilled by Amazon. Gift-wrap available.Boost your Chevrolet Monte Carlo's horsepower, torque, throttle response and fuel economy with the advanced Innovative Performance Chip! Safely gain up to +35 HP and up to +5 MPG in fuel mileage in your Chevrolet Monte Carlo by safely optimizing your air/fuel ratio and timing curve for increased efficiency!Easily installs in less than 10 minutes, with absolutely no mechanical experience required! All Chevrolet Monte Carlo performance chips come with an installation kit, including detailed installation instructions with easy to follow step-by-step pictures!Makes NO permanent changes to your Chevrolet Monte Carlo's computer! It will not void your Chevrolet factory warranty, and it's completely emissions safe. The performance chip is fully compatible with all trims, including Indianapolis 500 Pace Car, LS, LS Competition, LS Sport, LT, LTZ, SS, SS 35th Anniversary Edition, SS Dale Earnhardt Signature Edition, SS High Sport, SS Pace Car and Z34 models with 3.1L, 3.4L, 3.5L, 3.8L, 3.9L and 5.3L engines.We strived to create the most high quality product in every aspect, delivering you the most affordable product without sacrificing quality. All Chevrolet Monte Carlo performance chips feature a high-end aluminum enclosure with an extremely durable, high quality anodized finish. It's a thousand tiny details that add up to something big.All Chevrolet Monte Carlo performance chips are proudly backed by our unmatched 100% Money-Back Guarantee & Lifetime Warranty!› See more product details2 new from $69.95

Old 03-27-2016, 11:21 AM

The Pros & Cons of Performance Chips - Do Performance ...

www.autoanything.com › Performance Chips

What's the Right Performance Chip for You? ... f150 performance chips review · truckperformance chips for chevy silverado 2011 · super chips ... Best Performance Chipsfor Chevy Monte Carlo, Best Performance Chips for Chevy S10 Pickup ...

Chevy Monte Carlo Performance Chips - Reviews on ...

www.autoanything.com/performance-chips/Chevy/Monte-Carlo/110A50...

Chevy Monte Carlo Superchips Cortex Programmer ... Chevy Monte Carlo InnovateMotorsports OT-2 OBD-II Scanner & WiFi ... Latest Customer Reviews ...

Chevy Monte Carlo Performance Chips & Power Programmers

www.carid.com › ... › Performance Parts › Performance Chips › Chevy

Products 1 - 15 of 130 - We have the performance chips & programmers that make it easy. ... 2007; 2006; 2005; 2004; 2003; 2002; 2001; 2000; 1999; 1998; 1997; 1996; 1995; 1988; 1987 ... Innovate Motorsports ... Chevy Monte Carlo performance chipsand programmers contain performance 'tunes' developed ... (1 reviews).

Old 03-27-2016, 05:27 PM
Monte Of The Month -- June 2013
Monte Of The Month -- December 2015
5 Year Member
3 Year Member1 Year Member

What Devin said, don't waste your money on potato chips. Visit a shop for a dyno tune or an online vendor such as Overkill Motorsports for a mail order pcm tune.

Old 03-27-2016, 05:46 PM
1 Year Member
1 Year Member

Originally Posted by Leprechaun93
What Devin said, don't waste your money on potato chips. Visit a shop for a dyno tune or an online vendor such as Overkill Motorsports for a mail order pcm tune.
Can you tell me more about pcm tune? What difference/benefits are between a pcm tune and a performance chip?

Old 03-27-2016, 05:52 PM
1 Year Member
1 Year Member

Originally Posted by Leprechaun93
Side note: I have a 3.4 V6 in my Monte. It's a lot harder to find performance parts/products for my vehicle than the 3.8 in the SS Monte Carlo. With my luck, they wouldn't be able to tune the pcm with my engine

Old 03-27-2016, 06:01 PM
Monte Of The Month -- June 2013
Monte Of The Month -- December 2015
5 Year Member
3 Year Member1 Year Member

Chips are quite literally a waste of money as many of them literally do nothing. PCM tuning is much more in depth. The person can access many parameters in the computer such as fueling tables, transmission shift points and speeds, spark advance and so on. You are right it is harder to find stuff for a 3400 and to be honest the gains would be rather minimal on a stock car. I belive Milzy Motorsports does 3400 tuning, or you could ask around locally or find someone with HP Tuners to help you out.

Quick Reply: Performance Chip for 6th gen Monte?