Engine/Transmission/Performance Adders Chat about your engine, transmission, nitrous, superchargers, turbos, and tuning.

pcm tuning in wisconsin????

Search this Thread

Old 07-08-2010, 09:24 PM
Default pcm tuning in wisconsin????

allright this is for the guys in the great state of wisconsin. i've been looking into pcm tuning online and found some great prices at miltzy and zzp for my 3400. thats all well and good but is there a good place anyone in wisconsin that i could go to. also if anyone else has an idea that has knowledge about this please get back to me, thanks!

Old 07-08-2010, 10:53 PM
Monte Of The Month -- September 2010
10 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

i havent found one yet, i sent mine to milzy

Old 07-09-2010, 10:40 AM

dang! oh well, i heard good things about miltzy but they're slow. do u send them your pcm then they tune it or do they send u a new one? for now my montes my daily driver and i need it to get to my job cant really afford that being down for a while

Old 07-09-2010, 12:28 PM

Originally Posted by silverstreak
dang! oh well, i heard good things about miltzy but they're slow. do u send them your pcm then they tune it or do they send u a new one? for now my montes my daily driver and i need it to get to my job cant really afford that being down for a while
There are also people who have had bad experiences with Milzy also- may want to read into them as well.

You can do it either way- you can have them send you a pcm and charge you a 'core charge' which is refunded when you send your old pcm back; or you can send yours in first and not be out the extra money for a couple weeks.

I highly recommend paying the core charge, and having them send you a new pcm regardless which company you go through; because people have received pcms that were programmed to the wrong car, and don't work (and if you sent your old pcm in first, your car is dead until you can get a replacement). Sure you're out $50 for a couple weeks, but if you put it on a credit card, you'll get your money credited back before you're even charged interest.

Old 07-09-2010, 12:42 PM
THE JUDGE
Monte Of The Month -- November 2015
Monte Of The Month -- March 2012
10 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

That's what I did for ZZP. I had them send me out one of their reprogrammed PCMs and I had to do the whole security relearn thing. I finaly got my car to start, but the stupid air bag light came on and stayed on. I ended up sending my original PCM to ZZP and they reprogrammed it, but I was still able to drive my car (with the air bag light on). After I got my original reprogrammed PCM back - haven't had any problems with it!

Old 07-09-2010, 02:42 PM

alright one more question, do you get all the options they have listed for about 100 bucks or do u pick an choose and pay for each option?

Old 07-09-2010, 04:15 PM

Originally Posted by silverstreak
alright one more question, do you get all the options they have listed for about 100 bucks or do u pick an choose and pay for each option?
On the ZZP pcm- you wouldn't check any options- and you'd get all the features in the list for $100.

The options are only if you have an after market cam, turbo, trans sprocket set, injectors, or some sort of swap vehicle.

Old 07-10-2010, 11:19 AM

alright cool i think i'll go with zzp, sounds like the best option to me. i'll go from there, the only mods i have right now are a cold air intake and dual exhaust, i know its not much but i figure thats about all i can do for performance with a 3400 (also the downpipe but i'll get that from zzp soon also). eventually if its feasable i want to drop an L67 in the monte like u bumpin but like i said before this is my daily driver... for now. thanks for all the quick replies!

Old 07-10-2010, 12:21 PM

I was suggest to get some knock Retard reducing mods, Heres the email Milzy Motorsports sent to me. One concern of mine was running 93 octane, i didnt want pay 3+dollars a gallon.

Our standard pcm's don't require 93 or higher octane. Some cars may be able to run ok on 87, some may need mid-grade, just depends how much knock retard you currently have. Even stock cars can have a decent amount of knock. A few years ago, my brother's stock grand prix gt had 14 degrees on his completely stock car before we did a tune-up. It's always good to do some cheap KR reducing mods to start with just in case, things like a 180 t-stat, some colder spark plugs, maybe a downpipe if you can afford it. Anything that reduces combustion chamber temps or increases exhaust flow will help decrease knock.

Last edited by gothkid; 07-10-2010 at 12:24 PM.
Old 07-10-2010, 03:56 PM

Our standard pcm's don't require 93 or higher octane.
I think that's kind of a garbage statement- it seems that most people have some KR stock (even on NA cars), especially on hot days and such; so if you have KR- any additional timing their pcm adds will be negated by higher KR. So by not running premium- IMO, you're losing half the benefit of the tuned pcm (more power through increased timing).

Quick Reply: pcm tuning in wisconsin????