Engine/Transmission/Performance Adders Chat about your engine, transmission, nitrous, superchargers, turbos, and tuning.

7th Gen ('06-'07): Oil pressure sensor has been going off and on car won't shift into gear now

Old 04-11-2018, 06:00 AM
Default Oil pressure sensor has been going off and on car won't shift into gear now

I have had my MC for 3years know it is a older car has had two previous owner been trying to put her back together previously the oil pressure sensor has been going off and on car was driving OK but know it won't shift into gear there are some other problems with the car I am currently working out but was wondering if anyone could give me some info or ideas

Old 04-15-2018, 11:08 PM

There's a shifter release button inside the console, on the right side next to the actual shifter. Push that and see if it'll go into gear. If not, there's something wrong with the shift linkage or the brake interlock that has nothing to do with the oil pressure sensor, which I would replace before I moved on to the other issues.

Old 05-14-2018, 07:45 PM

that sensor is bad the computers will try to make it hard to drive it because it will try to save the power train. replace it and go from there once you do it will start reading normal and start to run normal. also the nutral safety switch also sounds like it is going bad as well. it also will not let the shifter move till it gets replaced. I had to do both when I had mine in the air. in air for the oil sensor on the ground for the natural safety switch. it will be located close to the drivers side fire wall on the transmission

Search this Thread