Engine/Transmission/Performance Adders Chat about your engine, transmission, nitrous, superchargers, turbos, and tuning.

New engine needed!!

Search this Thread

Old 02-09-2010, 08:54 PM
Exclamation New engine needed!!

GUYS, I have a 00 SS. Im simply looking for a new engine (refurb watever) it doesnt have to be all HP or suped up. I Simply want another stock engine for a good price. Now, if youre aware of an engine for a good price that is HP or somthing then feel free to suggest it, chances are its probally 2exspensive for me anyway l0l. PLZ guys recommend a good site that I can order one from, Id b much obliged! O Im in Columbia, SC btw.

Old 02-09-2010, 09:00 PM
Monte Of The Month - February 2010
10 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member
Old 02-09-2010, 09:40 PM

Morad Parts Company probably has one, check local junkyards, and the clubgp.com classified section.

Are you needing whole new engine- or just a short block? What is bad on your engine?

Old 02-09-2010, 10:00 PM

Originally Posted by monte carlo 3831
DAmmit man that was it, that was the one I was looking for!! They deliver to my state free of charge. I lost the info and forgot the name!! Thanks.

Old 02-09-2010, 10:03 PM

Originally Posted by bumpin96monte
Morad Parts Company probably has one, check local junkyards, and the clubgp.com classified section.

Are you needing whole new engine- or just a short block? What is bad on your engine?
Thanks btw. Well I wanted a whole new engine because im getting a new tranmission cause its slipping. My engine is just overheating and I dont know why, and was just like screw, Ill just get everything "new".

Old 02-09-2010, 10:12 PM
Monte Of The Month - February 2010
10 Year Member

cool man, it might help, I just tossed that out there? it was recommended to me before!

Old 02-09-2010, 11:11 PM
Monte Of The Month -- September 2012
Monte Of The Month -- February 2016
10 Year Member

i was looking at competition products they have a 3800 dyno motor for $800

Old 02-10-2010, 07:45 AM

Monte Of The Month -- January 2010
10 Year Member

How many miles are on your current 3.8L? These are very reliable power plants. I would think its probably cheaper to fix the one you have (assuming its not WAY to high on mileage). One of the common problems with the 3800 is the intake gaskets leaking coolant. This could be your over heating problem...replace the gaskets with new ones, install a new t-stat, and it could be fixed. Just a suggestion if you havent given much thought to why its over heating.

As for your tranny slipping, have you looked for an entire engine/ tranny swapped from a doner car? It might be much cheaper than getting a new transmission, and then buying an engine too. Just another option.

Good Luck!

Old 02-11-2010, 10:38 PM

Thanks btw. Well I wanted a whole new engine because im getting a new tranmission cause its slipping. My engine is just overheating and I dont know why, and was just like screw, Ill just get everything "new".
IMO, you really should figure out why it is overheating first- you'd hate for it to be something external of the engine (ie a plugged up radiator) and damage a new engine.

The reason why I suggested just getting the engine parts you need, is it doesn't make much sense to be buying a new throttle body, alternator, power steering pump, fuel injectors, etc etc etc if your engine overheated and warped the deck or heads- you know?

Old 02-12-2010, 12:31 AM

Originally Posted by MAMONTE
How many miles are on your current 3.8L? These are very reliable power plants. I would think its probably cheaper to fix the one you have (assuming its not WAY to high on mileage). One of the common problems with the 3800 is the intake gaskets leaking coolant. This could be your over heating problem...replace the gaskets with new ones, install a new t-stat, and it could be fixed. Just a suggestion if you havent given much thought to why its over heating.

As for your tranny slipping, have you looked for an entire engine/ tranny swapped from a doner car? It might be much cheaper than getting a new transmission, and then buying an engine too. Just another option.

Good Luck!
I have about 150+k. Thats high mileage on these right? Thanks for the suggestion, Ill have my mech look @ it prior to me buying a new engine most definatley. I diddnt knw that was a common porb btw either. And Ive entertained that thought but the dones Ive found from junkyards have (what I consider to be) high milage. Like over 150k..I just wanted somthing a little better if possible. Ill check again however.

Last edited by sinceire; 02-12-2010 at 12:37 AM.

Quick Reply: New engine needed!!