Engine/Transmission/Performance Adders Chat about your engine, transmission, nitrous, superchargers, turbos, and tuning.

my 1988 SS and the quadpuke

Search this Thread

Old 10-26-2010, 06:56 AM
Default my 1988 SS and the quadpuke

so my aunt lays her 1988 MC SS on my lap, my first car and it needs help, sadly i have no other means of transport so i'm trying to fix it up where i can and keep it going till i can afford a side beater, so it's in nearly all original condition which means of course it has problems, so far my issue is the quadrajet, i have an edelbrock 1406 to put on it, i know i'll need a distributor and some manifold parts but someone told me that in california you have to have the electric distributor to pass a visual smog and cannot run the vacuum distributor. anyone know if that is for sure? i need to either do that or fix the q-jet.

and now for my q-jet issue.

just yesterday i had my mixture control solenoid replaced and now when i give the car gas it'll die periodically, i've had it crap out while i was moving and lost all power so it's not able to make the commute that it used to for fear of it losing power and dieing on the freeway, i want to ditch it and get the damn vac distributor but i need my car to work at the same time. i need the wisdom of the MC forum, HELP ME OBIWAN KENOBI YOU'RE MY ONLY HOPE!

okay so today i came up on a 305 TBI out of a camaro that should drop in easy enough but what i need is the brains for it, my grease monkey said i have to find a stand alone tbi computer because the one out of the camaro controls too many things specific to the camaro that it won't work in the monte carlo. i need help on this.

Last edited by The Intimidator; 10-26-2010 at 05:26 PM.