Engine/Transmission/Performance Adders Chat about your engine, transmission, nitrous, superchargers, turbos, and tuning.

looking for more upgrades for the 3500 07 monte

Search this Thread

Old 03-10-2009, 08:35 PM
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member
Exclamation looking for more upgrades for the 3500 07 monte

i am pretty much stuck with what i have done so far for what i have done with my monte carlo love the car but i would like to have it sitting at 300 hp but where i am at now is ok for now but i dont want to give up on the 3500 so eagerly i still want to find headers supercharger and better tune all i have as a add on is exaughst intake from mdp and hood from them it looks sexy with the hood but kind of sad that there is not much for the dieing bread that we drive my year is the last year that they made our car just hope there will be up greads for my year of the 3500

Old 03-11-2009, 12:32 AM

Isn't this the exact same thing as the other thread that you started a while back (that is still active btw)?

If you are looking for specific information, or help thinking of a way to do something- maybe you should post the question directly, instead of posting a paragraph of garbage that no one can figure out.

Old 03-11-2009, 12:46 AM

monte07 we r trying to help u but u r making it difficult on us

Old 03-11-2009, 12:53 AM

Isn't this the exact same thing as the other thread that you started a while back (that is still active btw)?
I think that there are more like 3 or 4 of the same exact thread from the same original poster.

-Riggs.

Old 03-11-2009, 10:35 AM
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

simple got no answer then been made fun of on gramer have messed up hands. cant really type as well and add periods every where.like i want but kweef is 20 and acts like a 10yr old and bumpin96 just make fun of every one than help. till those two stop makeing fun of every one and just read even though it may be long and might be confusing. there are some aspects that a persons post people can help withlike what engine code as in what type the motor is. the l67 engin code is what i am inquireing about. superchargers turbo's any thing that outhers who have the 3500 is looking for but affraid to be made fun of like punctuation. and how many times they made the same type of post. to find answers than to find people makeing fun of them thats why the last year of the monte carlo is going down the drane.

Old 03-11-2009, 11:58 AM

Originally Posted by monte07
kweef is 20 and acts like a 10yr old
dont insult me because in no way have i made fun of u at all. i was legitimately sayin that it was hard. anywho since the 3.5 v6 was meant for gas mileage there were not many performance parts put out for the car. if you are looking for just small gains then u can start with a new intake system such as a k and N or spectre(i have no idea if they make a kit so this may be custom as well) next would be an exhaust system. i do not know anyone that makes a bolt on exhaust kit for the 3.5 so this will most likely have to b fabricated by a custom shop as well. If you are looking for a bigger jump in horsepower then i would suggest a turbo kit because, unless i am mistaken, they did not make a supercharger for the engine (edit-i just read ur other post and u said there is a supercharger for the engine). this would also have to be custom because, once again i am not positive, but i do not believe that they made a bolt on exhaust header for the engine to fit a turbo. superchargers generally do not use intercoolers but if u get the supercharger the intercooler would help slightly. hopefully this helps u a little, good luck

Last edited by kweef; 03-11-2009 at 12:06 PM.
Old 03-11-2009, 12:47 PM

Originally Posted by monte07
cant really type as well and add periods every where.
Like I said in the other thread- if you can type huge paragraphs of words, I can't see how much harder it is to reach over and press the return key or period key every now and then, thats all. This post you made is 100x easier to read with the periods.

the l67 engin code is what i am inquireing about.
L67 = supercharged 3800 (3.8L V6)

superchargers turbo's any thing that outhers who have the 3500 is looking for but affraid to be made fun of like punctuation.
All of this stuff is doable- I told you the easiest way (IMO) to do a turbo in the other thread. Forget about complete one off turbo headers, they're not necessary. Remove the crossover pipe, and have it made to accept a turbo flange and wastegate tubing in the center. Cap your downpipe off. Then run a new downpipe off the turbo/wastegate.

Sure full new headers would make more power- but you're talking a ton more money for the fabrication.

If you don't like that idea- drop down a size on the turbo, and rear mount it (in place of the muffler).

For a supercharger, its gonna be harder- especially for a big positive displacement supercharger- you're talking a new LIM or adaptor of some sort. A CSC would be easier, but you're still talking more fab work than a turbo.

Old 03-11-2009, 03:39 PM
Lightbulb

monte07 - MCF is by far one of the most friendly forums I have come across, so I wouldn't start insulting people that both know what they are talking about, and have taken the time to reply to your posts.

Both Kweef and bumpin96monte give a lot to this forum. I've learned a hell of a lot by reading both of their posts in the past 6 months, and both of them readily help anyone who has a question. Neither of them is making fun of you man, just stating that it is definitely hard to read your posts.

As people have pointed out, a little bit of clarification in your questions will lead to better responses overall. If you're not getting the answers that you are looking for right away, then you're not asking the question in the right way.

I'm sorry that your hands have issues, but bumpin is right - if you can make 500 keystrokes to write out one of your posts, then why can't you add in 4 enter keystrokes and 10 "." keystrokes? It doesn't take any more effort to use punctuation.

Anyways.......
there are some aspects that a persons post people can help withlike what engine code as in what type the motor is
I posted this in your other thread. The production code for your 3500 engine is LZE.
Here's a good resource that will tell you a bit about your car and also has links to specific information about your engine, which is what I believe you are looking for....
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chevy_M...arlo#2006-2007

the l67 engin code is what i am inquireing about.
As was posted multiple time, L67 is the engine code for the supercharged 3.8L V6.
If that's all that you wanted to know, then all you had to post was "What does the L67 engine code stand for?"

superchargers turbo's any thing that outhers who have the 3500 is looking for
I think this was answered in a previous thread. In fact, I thought that you said that you had a turbo ready to go on your Monte?

Either way, there isn't a bolt-on ready made kit for adding a supercharger or turbocharger to the 3500 engine. If you intend to turbocharge or supercharge your car, as bumpin said, you are going to have to build a custom setup. How he said to do it (by modifying the crossover to add a turbo flange, and relocating the downpipe) is pretty straightforward. There is a message forum that is dedicated to DIY turbo builds, and they would have plenty of information for you.

Oh, and about posting the same thing multiple times......
I bring to you forum rule #4 from the Forum Rules Thread

Double posting is not allowed and can result in the deletion of one or both posts. Double posting is defined as posting the same information in two or more separate forums. We understand that some topics might fit into more than one forum. Please try to pick the best one. In addition, please do not post in the same thread back to back (another version of double posting), if you have something more to add, edit your post, don't post twice in a row in a thread.
It will be beneficial to you, when you have questions, to keep all related questions in one thread.
It seems like you keep switching up threads, and may be missing when people reply to your posts.
If you keep your posts a little bit organized, then all of the information would be right there in one thread, and will be easier for everyone to keep track of.

Take care,
-Riggs.

Old 03-11-2009, 04:54 PM

hey thanx riggs i gave him the code for the 3.9...my bad!

Old 03-12-2009, 04:42 AM

No prob kweef, I wasn't trying to correct you.
I got that code from Wikipedia, so there's a chance that it's wrong anyways.

-Riggs.

Quick Reply: looking for more upgrades for the 3500 07 monte