Engine/Transmission/Performance Adders Chat about your engine, transmission, nitrous, superchargers, turbos, and tuning.

6th Gen ('00-'05): last chance before i have to sell my monte

Search this Thread

Old 03-26-2014, 07:17 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member
Default last chance before i have to sell my monte

I just got my block and heads back from the machine shop. The heads are already painted black but the block is unpainted. My Monte is bright white. I would like some opinions on color schemes for the engine assembly. I gotta do it right so the wife likes it because if not or something goes wrong I gotta sell my monte. I have the 3.4l in there right now but I'm putting in a 99 GTP setup in it. Block heads and tranny all rebuilt with a little bit of upgrades. I just hope I can put it back together. I have all the torque specs so I should be fine. I really don't wanna get rid of the monte I gotta get it back on the road. My poor car just got egged last night by someone. I got my eye on my wife and daughters the hate my monte and k5, And now we are out of eggs but they say they didn't do it.

Old 03-26-2014, 07:38 PM

Originally Posted by monte boy
I just got my block and heads back from the machine shop. The heads are already painted black but the block is unpainted. My Monte is bright white. I would like some opinions on color schemes for the engine assembly. I gotta do it right so the wife likes it because if not or something goes wrong I gotta sell my monte. I have the 3.4l in there right now but I'm putting in a 99 GTP setup in it. Block heads and tranny all rebuilt with a little bit of upgrades. I just hope I can put it back together. I have all the torque specs so I should be fine. I really don't wanna get rid of the monte I gotta get it back on the road. My poor car just got egged last night by someone. I got my eye on my wife and daughters the hate my monte and k5, And now we are out of eggs but they say they didn't do it.

If I was you I would paint the block black to but leave all the aluminum alone. The good thing about painting them black is you can't really see oil leak's and the grim. My block is black but you can't really tell cause you can't really see it. I did paint one one time Chevy orange and I'll never do that again. It just don't look right to me.

Old 03-26-2014, 07:50 PM
Monte Of The Month -- January 2014
1 Year Member

Originally Posted by monte boy
Sounds like you need a son buddy haha. Shouldn't be to hard to get the pieces you need to get you set up with a nice SS clone.

Old 03-26-2014, 10:06 PM
Monte Of The Month -- May 2012
Monte Of The Year 2012
Monte Of The Month -- February 2017
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Paint it Red, nice vibrant color, but you really never see it. And it will help show any leaks you may have developing.